ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 17
« First < 51112131415 1617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Severe Weather Thread-2020*****
displacedinMN 09:14 AM 04-11-2020
Many may know-I am a weather watcher. I have a weather station at school that posts to many weather services. Also have a website with a Twitter account. (with a Chiefs list)

Below is the Windy.com map. I centered it on KC but it can be moved to where you are located. Or go to Windy.com-there is also an app.
Very versatile and tons of possibilities. This map is fully functional for the viewer.

Some have already had severe weather-where as I am looking at 5 inches of snow for Easter.

Live storm chasers videos https://www.severestudios.com/livechase/

Pablo 10:29 AM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I’ve actually considered moving down here (I’m in Branson right now). It might not seem like it but the winters here are 100x better than at home.
Iowa winters are terrible, terrible things. Fuck that, you all have snow mounds still sitting in your cul-de-sacs in May some years. That's not right.

I love South MO/NW Arky, the winters there are nothing compared to what you all suffer through.
htismaqe 10:29 AM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by Coach:
Except it does get quite a bit of some ice storms every now and then, at least I know in Springfield. Kansas City isn't bad by any means, just I'm tired of the cold, in general. I'm thinking more further south than Missouri, myself.

Of course, maybe I'm just getting old and cranky.
Ideally, I’m going to Texas or somewhere like that. It’s just how far the wife can stand to be away from her family.
htismaqe 10:30 AM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Iowa winters are terrible, terrible things. Fuck that, you all have snow mounds still sitting in your cul-de-sacs in May some years. That's not right.

I love South MO/NW Arky, the winters there are nothing compared to what you all suffer through.
Spent the day in Eureka Springs the other day, nice place. Kind of reminded me of when I lived in southern Germany.
Pablo 10:34 AM 01-01-2021
Spent the day in Eureka Springs the other day, nice place. Kind of reminded me of when I lived in southern Germany.
My wife and I have been there a couple of times in the last 3 years on getaway trips. I love that town for a visit. It's got a different, nice vibe. And in NW Arky the White River is some of the best trout fishing in the US. Plus it's just very pretty country.
Buehler445 10:55 AM 01-01-2021
The wind at home has gotten unbearable. The trees are all gone now, felled by farmers. We live in a hill and on a good day when it’s still downhill, there’s a breeze at our place. When you add in the storms and winter, about half of our days have winds 20mph or above.
LOL

The only trees out here are the ones farmers planted around their farmsteads.

Why the fuck did my family move to the desert? :-)

Ideally, I’m going to Texas or somewhere like that. It’s just how far the wife can stand to be away from her family.
I'd be committing as much time as possible to learning to fly and buying a plane.
Coach 11:26 AM 01-01-2021
Yeah, I can understand that. I'm thinking of outside of the Austin city limits is where I am angling for.

Granted, the summers there probably will be brutal, but at least the winters won't be miserable like right now.
BWillie 11:34 AM 01-01-2021
I’d give my left nut to live anywhere but the ****ing Midwest. If I don’t make it out of Iowa by age 50, they’re going to find my frozen body in a drift.
Its amazing how much 11 degrees makes a difference. I remember waay more subzero and snow days growing up in Iowa compared to living in KC now. I hated winter when I lived in Iowa and now it barely even bothers me.

Avg Jan day in Iowa 29 high/10 low

Avg Jan day in KC 40 high/21 low
displacedinMN 11:52 AM 01-01-2021
Bwillie-I liked winters in MO and KC.

Here winter is a 6 month ordeal. But we had such a good fall...if spring comes early it will be a good thing.

Kids may go out and skate on the pond today. They did the other day, I was in a coat and tennis shoes. Sun was out.
htismaqe 12:03 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Bwillie-I liked winters in MO and KC.

Here winter is a 6 month ordeal. But we had such a good fall...if spring comes early it will be a good thing.

Kids may go out and skate on the pond today. They did the other day, I was in a coat and tennis shoes. Sun was out.
I could never live in Minnesota. I’d literally kill myself.
displacedinMN 12:07 PM 01-01-2021
I could never live in Minnesota. I’d literally kill myself.
Dress warm. you get used to it.

today--- 24 degrees, no wind and full sun. It will be a good day
htismaqe 12:09 PM 01-01-2021

I actually have SAD and it gets a little worse every year. Cold temps and snow used to be annoying but the older I get, it’s actually becoming depressing.
rydogg58 12:17 PM 01-01-2021

You do get used to it. About 6 months ago we moved from smack dab in the middle of ND to just across the border into MN. We've been up north for almost 7 years now and I actually enjoy the winters. I don't think I would ever move back to MO again and have to deal with the humidity.
KCUnited 12:22 PM 01-01-2021
Freezing rain on top of frozen snow here in Chicago. Still committed to a brisket overnight.
Graystoke 01:09 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I'm here for the long haul, I hope anyway. Iowa is a different beast altogether.

I went to Iowa in the winter ONCE. It was Cedar Falls. I can't remember, I want to say for 4 days - It was buttfucking foggy every fucking day. When we rolled in, it was so foggy, I drove right by NIU and didn't realize it had changed from a field to a major university.

By the time it was over, I REALLY needed some sunshine. Sure, it's cold here, sometimes, but I get sun. And hell, if it's sunny and the wind stays out (big ask) or I can get on the south side of a building, it's straight up nice.

:-)
Cedar Falls weather today 25 and partly cloudy.
We had about 8 inches of snow on Tuesday going into Wednesday.
Had my Granddaughters over Wednesday, went for a quad and sled and cleared the ice rink for skating.

Iowa winters get old, but we manage to keep busy with winter activities
Why Not? 01:29 PM 01-01-2021
Maybe I’ve been away for so long and it will grow tiresome eventually but as of today, we’re loving the weather in KC today. Did a snowball fight with the kids, threw the football, snowman, the whole deal. Now have all the blinds open so we can watch the snow fall with a fire going in the fireplace and football on. Perfect winter day.
Page 15 of 17
« First < 51112131415 1617 >
Up