ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 980 of 3903
« First < 480880930970976977978979980 9819829839849901030108014801980 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 12:00 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I just left the house, traffic was shit, everyone out and about like it's vacation time.
Vermont is telling Costco and Wal-Mart to sell only essential products. This is a double-edged sword. It will deter some people from getting out but it will also cause increased hoarding. People will go buy "essentials" just to get out of the house.
[Reply]
Donger 12:01 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
I didn't realize we didn't have what we would need on the front end.

What is happening on the back end is absolutely brutal though. We do need to get up and running ASAP. As soon as we have the supplies and beds. I don't think people understand what can happen to this country on the back end. If we had the supplies, I would have never been for shelter in place, hence the response. I have said this before.
I have no idea what any of that means. Since you won't openly answer this:

You clearly did not agree with the stay at home effort. Do you wish to revise that now?

Do you acknowledge that without the mitigation efforts taken, and which you opposed, our healthcare workers would be even more overwhelmed than they are now?
[Reply]
O.city 12:01 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
The doctors seemed fairly convinced yesterday
Doctors are dumbass dipshits. We dentist know our shit for real.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:02 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I think they have had a great effect, sure there are some that don't care, but we have all seen the images of empty highways and places that are normally full.

I believe in the case of Florida they are going to lock down all the beaches and probably have police guarding the popular ones.
Florida’s Governor is signing an order allowing only “essential” businesses to remain open (this has already been in effect in South Florida for weeks).

Now the rest of the country can stop obsessing over what Florida is or is not doing.

Meanwhile has Missouri issued a stay at home order yet?
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:02 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
To use Missouri as an example again.

About 6 days ago, shortly after some of these lockdowns had been issued in/around St. Louis, there was a survey of highway accidents over a 3-5 day stretch (I don't recall specifically)

Over the same period of time one year prior, the accident rate was roughly 100 times higher. With no state lockdown order in place. Because people simply weren't on the road.

The idea that there are hundreds of people still out there operating fairly normally and therefore it means that nothing we're doing has a measurable impact is just folly.

If a plan requires 100% compliance - scrap that plan. That's a bad plan. If Andy Reid calls a game that requires everyone on the field to execute perfectly 100% of the time in order to win - that's a bad coach.

The amount of buy in we've seen in this country is pretty spectacular. But just as people know full well that smoking, drinking and driving, not wearing a seatbelt and a whole slew of other things are dangerous to themselves and others but do it anyway - people are going to defy these orders. It's going to happen.

So again, if the fundamental premise of your plan is that 350 million people are suddenly going to be come wholly obedient stewards of the public good - Jesus, that is an AWFUL plan. Get a new one.
Yeah it is a sucky plan but it is the only one we got left until reinforcements arrive (therapeutics and vaccine)

What's your plan when we are down 17-0 in the 4th with Alex Smith as your QB (and no Mahomes on the bench)?
[Reply]
Donger 12:03 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Doctors are dumbass dipshits. We dentist know our shit for real.
"Never trust a man that puts his hands in another man's mouth."
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:03 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
We don't really know yet if it has or not.
Yeah we dom look at other countries.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 12:03 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I have no idea what any of that means. Since you won't openly answer this:

You clearly did not agree with the stay at home effort. Do you wish to revise that now?

Do you acknowledge that without the mitigation efforts taken, and which you opposed, our healthcare workers would be even more overwhelmed than they are now?
I think my response was pretty clear. You just want to argue at this point.
[Reply]
R Clark 12:05 PM 04-01-2020
Yeah it is a sucky plan but it is the only one we got left until reinforcements arrive (therapeutics and vaccine)

What's your plan when we are down 17-0 in the 4th with Alex Smith as your QB (and no Mahomes on the bench)?
Punt
[Reply]
Monticore 12:06 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Dr. Oz calling on Cuomo to lift restrictions on using HCQ
Looking for new sponsors I guess.
[Reply]
Donger 12:07 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
I think my response was pretty clear. You just want to argue at this point.
Not it wasn't, and no I don't. You've been pretty manly in this thread. I was curious if you're manly enough to admit you were wrong.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:08 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

Meanwhile has Missouri issued a stay at home order yet?
Nope our Gov hasn't. People have been trying to tell him to do so with no luck yet.

And I agree somewhat with him and others as long as the local cities are doing their own maybe there isn't a need, unless I am missing something. I am sure there are some towns though that don't give a shit and won't shut down unless they are forced to.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:08 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Vermont is telling Costco and Wal-Mart to sell only essential products. This is a double-edged sword. It will deter some people from getting out but it will also cause increased hoarding. People will go buy "essentials" just to get out of the house.
But what is essential? Like I bought dishwasher tabs today is that essential?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:08 PM 04-01-2020

What's your plan when we are down 17-0 in the 4th with Alex Smith as your QB?
It's not a plan. It's a pipe dream.

My plan for making it through this? That Giselle Bundchen will leave Tom Brady, see me at a Wal-Mart and decide she must have me before settling for merely making me her play toy and financially supporting my family.

That plan is just as much a plan as "everyone will just do what the government tells them to do..." It is equally as likely to happen.

It's a prayer with the name 'plan' attached to it.

That's my point. Or more accurately, my point is that policymakers know damn good and well that they aren't going to get 100% compliance and all this complaining is mostly hand-wringing and Kabuki theater. They want to be able to say "look - we TOLD these people to stay inside..." so that nobody blames them for anything. It's a CYA bitch-fest from policymakers.

Because their 'plan' of everyone being as calm as hindu cows and doing what they're told is just wholly unrealistic. You know it, I know it and they damn sure know it.

I have to believe they were factoring in 'acceptable noncompliance' and if they weren't...well like I said, that's a really shitty plan.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:10 PM 04-01-2020
Nope our Gov hasn't. People have been trying to tell him to do so with no luck yet.

And I agree somewhat with him and others as long as the local cities are doing their own maybe there isn't a need, unless I am missing something. I am sure there are some towns though that don't give a shit and won't shut down unless they are forced to.
Did you see what our sheriff said in Facebook last week? Someone texted the post to my wife. He’s a fucking idiot.
[Reply]
Page 980 of 3903
« First < 480880930970976977978979980 9819829839849901030108014801980 > Last »
Up