ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 192
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
htismaqe 02:24 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Not-likely-to-be-earned incentives count against the following year's cap when they're earned. This doesn't reflect that.
They will if they're earned. There's a reason they call them NLTBE incentives.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 02:24 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
What have we said for years?

There will come a time when Patrick Mahomes, of only by dint of his contract, will have to make his WRs.

Well that time has come. Patrick's gonna have to make some B tier guys look better than they are. And he has the skills to do that.

And I don't want to hear one single goddamn thing about how much he does or does not trust them.

Time to put your big boy pants on and MAKE these guys into weapons, Patrick.
Yep. We're about to see exactly how great Patrick is.
[Reply]
stumppy 02:24 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Good. Maybe you should just leave forever!
Exact same thing I was thinking.

Hit the road Attention Bitch. And don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.
[Reply]
Fishels 02:24 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
FTR - because everyone hyperbolizes any criticism of the un-criticizeable, . . . I'm going to pollyannishly hope that every draft pick is a home run, and every developing player makes a quantum leap, and every tactical mistake of the past is identified and ameliorated, and everyone integral to success stays healthy, and, and, and.

But I'm also honest with myself that those are HOPES.

No matter what anyone says, nothing about the future is ever guaranteed. You have to calculate what of the present, given the past will insulate you from the vagaries of the future. And right now we are hoping we can rebuild in a whole new paradigm, when I was hoping to build on existing reliability.

IF EVERYTHING GOES WELL, we'll be in great shape at some point, but every team in a parity league can say that.
Exactly. It’s the same lunacy as not being able to criticize the AFCG choke because we should be greatfull and we “will be back next year”. Maybe we will but it’s starting to look like we won’t, making that take look even more silly.

I wish I was the optimistic type but reality is often disappointing.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:25 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Chiefs should have just let his contract run out and then tagged him.

Probably get two more Super Bowls doing that.

Instead you get a 1st and a bunch of fluff picks.

Jiminy ****ing Christmas, it's all ****ing over.
This year would have been ugly and next year even uglier.

He might have refused to play on the tag. Players hate the tag and the Chiefs seem to try to avoid it except in cases like OBJ where he's coming off his rookie deal and he knew he'd go on it.
[Reply]
Kman34 02:25 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Chiefs should have just let his contract run out and then tagged him.

Probably get two more Super Bowls doing that.

Instead you get a 1st and a bunch of fluff picks.

Jiminy Fucking Christmas, it's all fucking over.
Like you know shit… Let it play out pussy..
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:25 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Veach did exactly what a good GM does in this league.
Let him go underpaid? WTF

The NFL is all about business. Not about feelings. Same as any other business out there.
As if anyone would pass up millions of dollars over feelings. Pfffff....

Tyreek cashed in, good for him. He don't owe us shit. We rooted for him, and he returned the favor with great plays.

The Chiefs paid him handsomely and kept faith in him and he paid it back in spades.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 02:25 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Veach did exactly what a good GM does in this league.
Let him go underpaid? WTF

The NFL is all about business. Not about feelings. Same as any other business out there.
Had nothing to do with feelings. It would have been good business. As I said, the more time went on with him being underpaid, the more expensive and out of control the situation got. Addressing this earlier would have kept Tyreek and for cheaper in the long run, which is good business not about feelings.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:25 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Well, his TD production fell nearly 50% in his second year as the starter - that's no bueno. In year 3, it increased, but he was still only 76% of his best season and it declined from that number last season.

I think he's broken and you guys should probably find a buyer for him while you can. The stats show a decline in production that few can recover from, especially now that they've traded Hill.

Hill was 28% of Pat's TD production... dramatic, likely unrecoverable for KC. I'm sorry.
:-)

I know what you're getting at and man does it expose some Chiefs fans...
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:25 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
We're 1 year into Mahomes contract and we're already having to trade our 2nd best player because we don't want to pay him. If that isn't cap hell, I don't know what is.
I would rather have Mahomes locked up than giving Hill the largest contract for a WR in NFL history.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:26 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The time to build up the youth of this team is now. Especially after every team in the AFC West went all in. Those teams are all going to have to pay their QB at sometime and that’s when our 2nd window opens.
Exactly.

They zigged. We zagged.

It's the smart play. It hurts and is gonna make for some stress the next year or two.

But long-term it's the right play and one that deep down I think many of us understood was inevitable.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:26 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
We're 1 year into Mahomes contract and we're already having to trade our 2nd best player because we don't want to pay him. If that isn't cap hell, I don't know what is.
That’s what happens when you are paying a gigantic QB contract.

The Packers traded down with a desperate Saints team and got an extra 1st rd pick and used it on Rashan Gary. They opened up cap space to get Preston and Za’Darius Smith 2 years ago bc they made sacrifices in the short term. It paid off and they had every opportunity to make it back bc of a stronger roster.

Why do you think they traded Devante Adams?
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:27 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Exactly.

They zigged. We zagged.

It's the smart play. It hurts and is gonna make for some stress the next year or two.

But long-term it's the right play and one that deep down I think many of us understood was inevitable.
And we both assumed bringing back Hill meant Jones was out but it’s starting to look like both are gone. And it’s the right move.
[Reply]
-King- 02:27 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117:
Had nothing to do with feelings. It would have been good business. As I said, the more time went on with him being underpaid, the more expensive and out of control the situation got. Addressing this earlier would have kept Tyreek and for cheaper in the long run, which is good business not about feelings.
This. Him taking that team friendly deal fucked us in the long run.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:27 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Fishels:
Exactly. It’s the same lunacy as not being able to criticize the AFCG choke because we should be greatfull and we “will be back next year”. Maybe we will but it’s starting to look like we won’t, making that take look even more silly.

I wish I was the optimistic type but reality is often disappointing.
You do know that the optimistic folks here face the same level of vitriol that the pessimistic folks do, right?

It doesn't matter which side you're on, the other side's opinion is essentially unassailable.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 192
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Up