ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Will Reduce Overtime to 10 Minutes
alnorth 11:16 AM 05-24-2017
The owners have approved a rule change to reduce overtime to 10 minutes. Anyone who loves to see tie games should be overjoyed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-to-10-minutes

Based on history, overtime games could be about 49 seconds of game time shorter on average and it looks like this could triple the number of expected tie games each year.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...u-are-in-luck/
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:15 PM 05-24-2017
Originally Posted by Rudy won the toss:
At the same time on opposite ends. First to score!
I'd pay to watch that shit.
[Reply]
JakeF 02:15 PM 05-24-2017
Meaningless garbage. I wish they would focus on the real issues instead of these cosmetic changes.
[Reply]
Dayze 02:26 PM 05-24-2017
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
I think the QBs should line up at the 50 and take turns kicking each other in the nuts until one can't get back up, and the one left standing is the winner. And obviously carried off the field by the team.

Originally thought of dodgeball, but we would lose every single time with Smith.
we'd win OT every time if that were the case. What, with Alex lacking balls and all.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:55 PM 05-24-2017
Originally Posted by alnorth:
As long as we're posting silly gimmick OT rules...
Get rid of the kickoff.

The team that loses the coin flip has to choose a yard line. Let's say they choose the 15. The team that won the toss can either start on offense, 1st and 85 or start on defense.

If you made that change, I would be ok going back to sudden death. Even if both teams have better offenses than defenses and even if you lose the coin toss, you could choose to go all the way down to the 1 yard line if you really think both offenses are that much better than the defenses.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:15 PM 05-24-2017
Soccer isn't a sport
Amen
[Reply]
New World Order 04:18 PM 05-24-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This will probably make them a little more frantic, hurried, more throwing.

So we automatically lose?
[Reply]
Spott 04:28 PM 05-24-2017
Soccer isn't a sport
Just like golf.
[Reply]
milkman 04:50 PM 05-24-2017
If we win the coin toss and treat the first possession like a 2 minute drill, we'll win.

We have the best 7 and a half minute 2 minute drills.
[Reply]
SBInfinity 04:52 PM 05-24-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
So they are going from 15 -10 and - another 10 minutes? So they will quit games 5 minutes before end of regulation? Wow that's really weird thing to do.
what
[Reply]
notorious 05:24 PM 05-24-2017
Yes, let's make football more like soccer. /nobody
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:29 PM 05-24-2017
Stupid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
tk13 05:32 PM 05-24-2017
I said it in the other thread... but it makes sense that we'd see more ties. I'm pretty sure the number of ties have jumped since they went to the new OT rules. Each team can get a FG and not score the rest of the way. This will probably just make it worse. Is that worth 5 less minutes of football?

Sometimes this won't matter, but it'll at least be possible to go on a 7 minute FG drive and put the other team in a bind.
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:52 PM 05-24-2017
The NFL should have left it the way it was. Sudden Death Overtime. The fate of the coin toss and whichever team wants it more.
[Reply]
hometeam 05:57 PM 05-24-2017
This rule has everything to do with advertising revenue, and nothing to with making the game any better.
[Reply]
hometeam 05:58 PM 05-24-2017
Originally Posted by tk13:
I said it in the other thread... but it makes sense that we'd see more ties. I'm pretty sure the number of ties have jumped since they went to the new OT rules. Each team can get a FG and not score the rest of the way. This will probably just make it worse. Is that worth 5 less minutes of football?

Sometimes this won't matter, but it'll at least be possible to go on a 7 minute FG drive and put the other team in a bind.

The only good to come of this is that maybe teams will change strategy to get the win under that ten minute window.

Ties are ****ing retarded.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up