ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Will Reduce Overtime to 10 Minutes
alnorth 11:16 AM 05-24-2017
The owners have approved a rule change to reduce overtime to 10 minutes. Anyone who loves to see tie games should be overjoyed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-to-10-minutes

Based on history, overtime games could be about 49 seconds of game time shorter on average and it looks like this could triple the number of expected tie games each year.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...u-are-in-luck/
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 12:07 PM 05-24-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Well, sure, that's true if you're not trying to make overtime fair.
I didn't say they would be obligated to go for the TD. They have a chance to tie it if they wish. It's as fair as the NFL overtime rules have ever been and it's not the clown show that NCAA OT is.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 12:08 PM 05-24-2017
Originally Posted by Big Smoke:
Ties are fucking weak.
It's the regular season. Who gives a fuck? 4-team tiebreaker criteria is fucking weak.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:13 PM 05-24-2017
The NFL is being indiotic. No pro game should end in a tie. No other sport allows it but the biggest one does? Why?
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 12:18 PM 05-24-2017
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy:
The NFL is being indiotic. No pro game should end in a tie. No other sport allows it but the biggest one does? Why?
This post is funny because Soccer is the biggest sport in the world and allows for a tie.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 01:11 PM 05-24-2017
Rather than ***** about ties why don't you criticize both teams for not doing what it takes to win it outright? Why force a team to have to take a 'W' when they didn't have what it took to earn it.

Prevents injuries and allows everyone to move on with their day.

If this were the playoffs, different story.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:22 PM 05-24-2017
Originally Posted by Rudy won the toss:
This post is funny because Soccer is the biggest sport in the world and allows for a tie.
Soccer isn't a sport
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:26 PM 05-24-2017
Each team gets 2 minutes and the ball on the 20 yard line. You've got 2 minutes and 3 timeouts to drive 80 yards and score.
[Reply]
RippedmyFlesh 01:26 PM 05-24-2017
Originally Posted by Rudy won the toss:
And that will encourage Team 2 to go for the TD instead of a game-tying FG. Good football.
I think this is wishful thinking in a way. How many times did we(fans) want to go for the throat only to see Marty,Herm,Romeo whomever curl up in a ball and play scared? Like others have stated I don't like adding the strategy of time consuming fg drive to win game if you receive. I think this will lead to more ties which suck. More play not to lose strategy.
[Reply]
Graystoke 01:32 PM 05-24-2017
Seems silly to me.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:33 PM 05-24-2017
Neither the Cardinals nor the Seahawks deserved to win their game that ended in a tie last season. I'm not in favor of "more" ties, but to say they have no place in sport is asinine.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 01:49 PM 05-24-2017
No overtime except in playoffs and make it sudden death.

Defense matters. If you can't make a stop, you don't deserve to win.
[Reply]
RippedmyFlesh 01:54 PM 05-24-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
No overtime except in playoffs and make it sudden death.

Defense matters. If you can't make a stop, you don't deserve to win.
No they have overtime right in that sense. When its sudden death there is too much advantage in winning the coin flip.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:00 PM 05-24-2017
I think the QBs should line up at the 50 and take turns kicking each other in the nuts until one can't get back up, and the one left standing is the winner. And obviously carried off the field by the team.

Originally thought of dodgeball, but we would lose every single time with Smith.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02:03 PM 05-24-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Each team gets 2 minutes and the ball on the 20 yard line. You've got 2 minutes and 3 timeouts to drive 80 yards and score.
At the same time on opposite ends. First to score!
[Reply]
alnorth 02:13 PM 05-24-2017
As long as we're posting silly gimmick OT rules, here's one. Coin flip, winner gets ball on the 50, and they only run one play. TD wins, otherwise other team takes over where the play ends and runs one play. If they also do not get a TD, winner is determined by which side of the 50 the ball ends up on. You can wrap the game up in just 2 minutes.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up