ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Sir Roger Moore RIP
Al Bundy 07:25 AM 05-23-2017

With the heaviest of hearts, we must share the awful news that our father, Sir Roger Moore, passed away today. We are all devastated. pic.twitter.com/6dhiA6dnVg

— Sir Roger Moore (@sirrogermoore) May 23, 2017

[Reply]
Rain Man 10:39 AM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
If they had he would have spoiled their evil plans in the utmost Bond fashion way before he died.
Probably. Or maybe this was how he gets written out.

I thought it was really cool that at the very end he managed to shoot that elephant and make it fall on one of the villains who was about to trigger a mass extinction.
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:49 AM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by srvy:
RIP second best Bond!

How in the heck was he 89 I guess time does fly. How old is Sean now?
86. He'll be 87 in August. I would have assumed that Moore was younger.
[Reply]
SBInfinity 11:10 AM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I loved Moonraker I just watched it again like last year and it was dope. Again Jaws battles are epic. Bond actually talks some since into Jaws at the end of Moonraker to get him on his side. So he was clever witted to do so.

I agree on the bit cheesy but still enjoyable movie.
Moore was my "first" Bond so he kind of became my favorite
loved Jaws
Seeing some of those movies when I got older though I can see why some didn't care for him as much
especially compared to the Connery movies, Bond became much more jokey
they took the humor and stunts of Connery and turned it way up into constant jokes and puns and a lot of it was pretty cornball
[Reply]
alpha_omega 12:10 PM 05-23-2017
RIP sir.

For the record, i'm with KC Tat, Moore was my favorite as well.
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:29 PM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Damn. RIP. I really enjoyed his Bond movies. For Yours Eyes Only especially. That space one was over-the-top stupid, but that's the writers' fault, not his.

Very good actor, alot of fun memories. That sucks. RIP.
Moonraker? I made the mistake of watching that again a couple years ago, it was godawful. Way, way worse than I had remembered it to be.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:31 PM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Moonraker? I made the mistake of watching that again a couple years ago, it was godawful. Way, way worse than I had remembered it to be.
I think I was 12 or 13 when I saw it last, and I thought it rocked. Is it possible that maybe my tastes weren't well refined at that age?
[Reply]
Dayze 12:36 PM 05-23-2017
Moore is my favorite, mainly due to nostalgia watching Bond films as a kid on HBO during the summer etc.

I like Connery, and the early ones but they're really cheesy and corny (they all are...but the early ones especially so), but I still love them. Even Thunderball, and it's seemingly 3 hour underwater scene.

Worst....Dalton
wasn't a huge fan of Brosnan at all, but he was tolerable and nowhere near as bad as Dalton.

I really like Craig too.
[Reply]
Molitoth 01:09 PM 05-23-2017
RIP.

Great as Bond... it was the writing that made some of those films not good.
[Reply]
Bugeater 01:51 PM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I think I was 12 or 13 when I saw it last, and I thought it rocked. Is it possible that maybe my tastes weren't well refined at that age?
Yes, extremely possible. If you have good memories of that movie do not bother watching it again because they will be ruined.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:09 PM 05-23-2017
Goodbye, Mr Bond.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 03:15 PM 05-23-2017
Gonna have to watch a View to a Kill tonight.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:14 PM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I guess that you also voted for Chris Farley as greatest SNL performer too? Some of you guys just don't know what talent looks like. You were right when you said it's not even debatable. Then you named the wrong guy. Sean Connery is the Tom Brady of Bonds. Roger Moore is Alex Smith. Also very good, but he's no Tom Brady.
Fixed. Properly-like.

You're welcome.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:16 PM 05-23-2017
Not my favorite Bond, but certainly better than the latest clown with no style or charisma.

RIP.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:40 PM 05-23-2017
RIP Roger Moore

I'm older than most here so I grew up with Sean Connery as my James Bond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:41 PM 05-23-2017
RiP. Loved his Bonds growing up

Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes only are still in my top Bond movies list
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up