ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 38
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith: "I think [the Chiefs] are only committed to me through this year"
pugsnotdrugs19 04:44 PM 05-17-2017
Straight from the horse's mouth.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ed-only-season

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 05:06 PM 05-17-2017
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Tiger just kicked the chair out from under him and is swinging back and forth.....

[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:07 PM 05-17-2017
I am surprised he would say that publicly. Even management haven't said that publicly.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:09 PM 05-17-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
What, you think TENNs defensive stars will be watching from the sidelines, too?
More that you think that Smith can lead a team to the Superbowl. Where is Mariota in your pipe dream?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:10 PM 05-17-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
More that you think that Smith can lead a team to the Superbowl. Where is Mariota in your pipe dream?
Brainfart, typed TENN. Meant JAX.

And I didn't say 'lead to a SB.'
[Reply]
Dartgod 05:12 PM 05-17-2017
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Tiger just kicked the chair out from under him and is swinging back and forth.....
No chance in hell that happens.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:14 PM 05-17-2017
Brainfart, typed TENN. Meant JAX.

And I didn't say 'lead to a SB.'
Oh sorry...."playoff tear". Is that tear going to be winning a playoff game against a shitty QB?
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 05:16 PM 05-17-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Oh sorry...."playoff tear". Is that tear going to be winning a playoff game against a shitty QB?
Who does Brian Hoyer play for now?
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:17 PM 05-17-2017
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Who does Brian Hoyer play for now?
49ers. :-) Smith is out of luck.
[Reply]
RippedmyFlesh 05:19 PM 05-17-2017
Thing is, Dorsey has a needle to thread here.
He made a great step identifying and acquiring Mahomes, but he has to manage this transition in an effective and respectful way.
I get it, people hate Alex here, but the franchise is not going to endear itself to prospective players if they pull a 49ers on him again.
I don't think they will. But then, the task becomes extracting a ton of value from a legit franchise that isn't a potential rival in the AFC. They can't use their waning contract leverage to ship him off to the likes of Cleveland, and sending him to SD/LA or TENN will be a real headache.
Can you imagine the heads exploding if an Alex-led AFC team goes on a playoff tear at our expense, even in 4-5 years [unless we have some success of our own in the intervening time]?

Not saying he's going to skyrocket in production, just remembering what 32yo Vinnie Testeverde looked like, compared to 38-39yo Vinnie.
You know absolutely nothing about football and should stay in DC.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:22 PM 05-17-2017
Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh:
You know absolutely nothing about football and should stay in DC.
I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter. :-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:25 PM 05-17-2017
"So I get it, going into year 13. You understand it. At the same time it doesn't change my focus, right? I still feel I've got a lot of years left in me. I still feel like I'm getting better, to be honest with you.''

Delusional.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:26 PM 05-17-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
"So I get it, going into year 13. You understand it. At the same time it doesn't change my focus, right? I still feel I've got a lot of years left in me. I still feel like I'm getting better, to be honest with you.''

Delusional.
That settles it. Tigger is Alex Smith.
[Reply]
Kman34 05:58 PM 05-17-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
:-)... love the part where he tries to shove the remote up his ass...
[Reply]
RippedmyFlesh 05:59 PM 05-17-2017
I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter. :-)
Whats next going to refer me to your youtube channel?
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:02 PM 05-17-2017
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:
stating the obvious..

May or may not actually hear that he informed them of his plans to retire in 2018.

stay tuned.. doesn't matter though. On to the Mahomo era!
:-) you are fucking crazy. If he had informed then he was retiring there would be no need to say the the chiefs were only committed to him for one more year.it would be the other way around...
[Reply]
Page 2 of 38
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up