ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 38
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith: "I think [the Chiefs] are only committed to me through this year"
pugsnotdrugs19 04:44 PM 05-17-2017
Straight from the horse's mouth.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ed-only-season

Spoiler!

[Reply]
RobBlake 01:13 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Well said. And **** that heathen.

So go suck his dick with Tigger and cheer him up?

As God as my witness, Alex will never receive a single iota of appreciation from me, and I will skull-**** his fan club from now until the very end of time.

Amen.
He's been better than any of the last 5-8 qbs
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:14 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
Better than shit does not equal chocolate.
[Reply]
RobBlake 01:18 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Better than shit does not equal chocolate.
Being competitive is better than playing like the browns consistently
[Reply]
rico 02:01 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
The last 5-8 QB's the Chiefs have had? You think Smith is better than the last 8 Chiefs QB starters before him?!
[Reply]
Hoover 02:04 AM 05-18-2017
Alex has served his purpose.

He's a winning QB, its not always pretty, but you can win with that guy. I think we have been very fortunate to have him. I do think Alex is going to have a good year in 2017, he has a lot to prove. Some team will be happy to pay him for his services in 2018.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:11 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Alex has served his purpose.

He's a winning QB, its not always pretty, but you can win with that guy. I think we have been very fortunate to have him. I do think Alex is going to have a good year in 2017, he has a lot to prove. Some team will be happy to pay him for his services in 2018.
Exactly this.

Alex was never going to be anything more than a transitional QB for us while we waited for the next guy. It would have taken a monumental series of fortunate events for him to have reached the SB with the Chiefs.

He is the best QB to start for the Chiefs since Trent. I wish him success and one last opportunity to start with another team come the 2018 season.
[Reply]
notorious 06:45 AM 05-18-2017
5 year transitional QB?

To me Smith will be the guy that impressed me at times yet left me wondering why he couldn't do it more consistently.

I guess that's why the great QBs are great and the average QBs are just average.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:58 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
5 year transitional QB?

To me Smith will be the guy that impressed me at times yet left me wondering why he couldn't do it more consistently.

I guess that's why the great QBs are great and the average QBs are just average.

Yeah, I think this whole "Alex's job was to make KC respectable and transition to a real QB they can win with" line of thinking is just pro-Alex spin.

That's certainly not what was said at the time by Andy Reid or Clark Hunt (we have our first round QB, Alex being able to do everything Andy needs/wants, Alex being able to improve, etc.)

It certainly wasn't the rhetoric of most in favor of the trade or most who defended him after he arrived. "Not his fault! Winning percentage! Smart football!"

Transitional QBs are guys you being in for a year, maybe two. You don't talk up their ability to improve, or become elite starters, or give them lucrative, expensive contract extensions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:04 AM 05-18-2017
Andy Reid called him Len Dawson.

Fucking bullshit.

It doesn't take 5 years to "transition." Whatever the fuck that means.

Alex Smith was a fruitless, pointless endeavor. He was kinda fun to kick around, though. We've all completed our Doctorates in Game Management Studies.
[Reply]
Hoover 07:17 AM 05-18-2017
Guys, you don't trade or sign a QB and say that he's just here to help us transition. Nobody does that, nobody. I 100% believe that Reid thought he would win with Smith, and you know what? He did. Shit we even one a playoff game with him, which sadly is something we didn't do with ANY QB around here in decades. So its not like Reid lied to anyone, or sold us on Smith and he didn't deliver.

If anything, Smith allowed Reid and Dorsey time to rebuild the entire organization, the team itself and the front office. The Chiefs are now in placve to go get the QB they wanted and insert him into a roster that's talented and pretty deep.

My lord, thier plan was spot on perfect. I don't know why so many of you want to sit around and bitch all day about a team that consistantly makes the playoffs, and just drafted a QB who looks to be the homerun hitter we have all wanted for so long.

Outside of a handful of team, I think most teams would love to be in our current position.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:20 AM 05-18-2017
The Chiefs are certainly, finally, set up the way they should be. I am not complaining.

Some of us just have no patience for revisionist history.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:23 AM 05-18-2017
Alex is a fine QB who played well down the stretch in 13' and 15' but isn't the guy to take the franchise to the next level.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:30 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
QBR, completion %, sack rate all improved last season. And that was without a healthy #1 receiver.

Do the math.
Sack rate improved?

Well...can't complain about the offensive line now...can you?
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:30 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Every time Alex takes a hit or throws to the wrong color team he is going doubt his abilities and its going take it's toll more so this season. He took a beating early and often in his career all that will catch up with him including the concussions he took from his head bouncing off the turf in Indianapolis.

His wife will nag at him and his teammates will be giving Mahomes II all the attention so he will start to frail and get even more down on himself and he will be feeling rejected all over again from his getting replaced by a tool like Kaepernick. He will start pressing to show that he isn't afraid to throw deep but his own fears will hold him back because that's what he will revert too how he's played for 13 years.
Pretty good take IMO. He has not been the same since those two whacks to the head bouncing off of the turf. He played more scared than ever.
He has plenty of money and doesn't want to end up a veg. Can't say as I blame him, but he needs to just buck up or move on.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:34 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Guys, you don't trade or sign a QB and say that he's just here to help us transition. Nobody does that, nobody. I 100% believe that Reid thought he would win with Smith, and you know what? He did. Shit we even one a playoff game with him, which sadly is something we didn't do with ANY QB around here in decades. So its not like Reid lied to anyone, or sold us on Smith and he didn't deliver.

If anything, Smith allowed Reid and Dorsey time to rebuild the entire organization, the team itself and the front office. The Chiefs are now in placve to go get the QB they wanted and insert him into a roster that's talented and pretty deep.

My lord, thier plan was spot on perfect. I don't know why so many of you want to sit around and bitch all day about a team that consistantly makes the playoffs, and just drafted a QB who looks to be the homerun hitter we have all wanted for so long.

Outside of a handful of team, I think most teams would love to be in our current position.
:-)

My only point to add to this is that when Mahomes is ready, he takes the reigns of team that has been assembled. If that is in 2017, frigging great!!!
[Reply]
Page 10 of 38
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up