ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Did the Chiefs Want Trubisky?
Chiefnj2 06:44 AM 05-03-2017
I know the immediate reaction will be "No, it was Mahomes all they way", but a few post draft interviews leave me wondering if Trubisky was the #1 QB on their board. First, in the MMQB 49ers draft article Shanahan was quoted as saying KC was offering a lot to the Titans to move up to #5. The 49ers couldn't fathom who KC was trading up for.

The Titans GM was on Sirius radio doing a post draft interview and he talked about how a couple of teams had reached out to them to trade up to #5, but that all the calls went dead after the Bears chose Trubisky at #2 and came off the board.

So, is there a chance KC wanted to move to #5 for Mitch?
[Reply]
Bewbies 04:24 PM 05-22-2017
I'd like to know the info Dorsey got to know he didn't need to go to 5...
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:56 PM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
I'd like to know the info Dorsey got to know he didn't need to go to 5...
They had Dorsey on SiriusXM a couple of weeks ago and he talked about how they had only talked to the Bills about trading up to #10. They knew that was how high they had wanted to go to get him. They had a deal in place and they called the Bills at every pick to make sure that the deal was still good.

Made it to #5? Called the Bills.
Made it to #6? Called the Bills.
Made it to #10? Called the Bills and agreed on the deal.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:11 PM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
They had Dorsey on SiriusXM a couple of weeks ago and he talked about how they had only talked to the Bills about trading up to #10. They knew that was how high they had wanted to go to get him. They had a deal in place and they called the Bills at every pick to make sure that the deal was still good.

Made it to #5? Called the Bills.
Made it to #6? Called the Bills.
Made it to #10? Called the Bills and agreed on the deal.
I thought i had heard/read that they also had a deal in place with another team picking top 10, but Dorsey bet that he'd be there at 10 and wouldn't last longer than 10. He gambled and won.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:13 PM 05-24-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I thought i had heard/read that they also had a deal in place with another team picking top 10, but Dorsey bet that he'd be there at 10 and wouldn't last longer than 10. He gambled and won.
The 49ers piece said that the Chiefs had a deal in place to move up to the Jets pick, IIRC.

But Dorsey himself has said that he had a gentlemen's agreement struck with the Bills over a week before the draft and when the 10 spot made it up, they pulled the trigger per their prior conversations.

it was some stealth ninja shit from Dorsey. If it don't work, it don't work, but it was a masterful job getting the guy he wanted.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:44 AM 05-28-2017
I love the Dorsey philosophy. I can't believe how utterly sad the GM position for the Chiefs has been when you contrast what Dorsey has done and continues to do with the other GM's that came before him; it's practically criminal in its neglect.

I initially liked Trubiski the best out of the class as he seemed to be the closest candidate to a traditional, pocket QB. But there's no way he is worth what KC would have had to give up to get him at #5. That's Darnold-level shit right there.
If you had asked me who the least likely candidate for Chiefs QB in this draft would be, I would have said Mahomes as he is 180 degrees in his game from what one normally associates with a conservative coach like Andy.
I also said that Mahomes is exactly the kind of QB Reid needs; a QB with the ability to offset Reid's weaknesses and vice-versa. It's a perfect fit, and I see no reason that Pat and Andy can not in due time deliver a championship to KC.
This is easily set up to be the best era in Chiefs football since the late 60's.

Did the Chiefs want Trubiski?
No.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:45 AM 05-29-2017
They got the best QB in this draft....better than last year's draft too.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:46 AM 05-29-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
They got the best QB in this draft....better than last year's draft too.
Slow your roll. Carson Wentz is gonna be a great QB for a long time.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:11 PM 05-29-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Slow your roll. Carson Wentz is gonna be a great QB for a long time.
Dak Prescott's pretty good, too
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:01 AM 05-30-2017
Dorsey got interviewed on some show, can't recall which one, and said that there were other people in the war room who were wanting him to go up to #5 to make sure they got Pat. That is how bad the people in the room wanted him.

Dorsey said that he felt 10 was for sure the spot to get him, so he waited and struck then.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:52 PM 05-30-2017
Fucking. Ninja.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:13 PM 05-30-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Dorsey got interviewed on some show, can't recall which one, and said that there were other people in the war room who were wanting him to go up to #5 to make sure they got Pat. That is how bad the people in the room wanted him.

Dorsey said that he felt 10 was for sure the spot to get him, so he waited and struck then.
Gat DAMN that gives me a hard-on.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 08:30 PM 05-31-2017
It's time to unleash the beast cut Alex now I'm so excited I'm standing here beside myself
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:10 PM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by Dave Lane:
It's time to unleash the beast cut Alex now I'm so excited I'm standing here beside myself
:-)

The fucking guy was picked off by a scrub today.

He has a LOOOOOOONG way to go before he's an NFL starting QB

Chill, peeps.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 07:16 AM 06-01-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

The ****ing guy was picked off by a scrub today.

He has a LOOOOOOONG way to go before he's an NFL starting QB

Chill, peeps.
Don't harsh my buzz brother :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:44 AM 06-01-2017
Originally Posted by Dave Lane:
Don't harsh my buzz brother :-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up