ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 49
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jamaal signs with Broncos
rabblerouser 04:12 PM 05-02-2017
Per NFLnet. 1 year deal. I just threw up in my mouth...
[Reply]
Black Bob 05:05 PM 05-02-2017
I doubt he makes the team. I think he's done.
[Reply]
ILChief 05:06 PM 05-02-2017
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Did he really say he'd always wanted to be a Donko?

If he did.

FUCK HIM!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ay-for-denver/
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 05:07 PM 05-02-2017
Jamaal really should've been coached up by his agent before he talked to the press...

Jamaal Charles: "I always wanted to play for Denver. Growing up, John Elway was one of my favorite players."

— Andrew Mason (@MaseDenver) May 2, 2017

"I still can play. It's not about money. I want to prove people wrong.” Jamaal Charles #Broncos

— 104.3 The FAN (@1043TheFan) May 2, 2017

#Broncos Charles on facing his former team #KCChiefs. @DenverChannel "They say it's a business, but it's personal as well. It is what is."

— Troy Renck (@TroyRenck) May 2, 2017

“I’m just happy I get to play [the #Chiefs] twice a year.” Jamaal Charles #Broncos

— 104.3 The FAN (@1043TheFan) May 2, 2017

It was a lot of salt on this 'nope' too. If he's healthy, that 1st K.C. game (10/30 in K.C.) is gonna be something to watch.

— Cameron Wolfe (@CameronWolfe) May 2, 2017

[Reply]
wazu 05:07 PM 05-02-2017

Jamaal Charles: “I always wanted to play for Denver”

Posted by Darin Gantt on May 2, 2017, 6:56 PM EDT

A lot of the goodwill Jamaal Charles built up in nine years in Kansas City might have just gone out the window.

The new Broncos running back revealed his true colors in a conference call this afternoon, admitting that his new boss was more than just a guy signing his checks.

“I always wanted to play for Denver,” Charles said, via Andrew Mason of the team’s official website. “Growing up, John Elway was one of my favorite players.”

Now, he gets to face the team which cut him twice a year, and it sounds like he relishes the opportunity.

“They say it’s a business, but it’s personal as well,” he said. “It is what is.”

Of course, there’s also the small matter of his health. Charles admitted he wasn’t ready last year, but has since had the knee cleaned up and is ready to go this season.

“I still feel like I can play ball and still keep up with the young people,” he said.

Charles played in just eight games and had 404 yards the last two seasons because of persistent knee problems, but the Broncos believe he can help their backfield. If he’s healthy, that may be the case, and the Oct. 30 trip to Kansas City for Monday Night Football and the Dec. 31 regular season finale in Denver will be that much more interesting.
[Reply]
Bwana 05:08 PM 05-02-2017
Hmm well that kind of sucks, nothing like when Neil Smith signed with the Donks, but it does suck. He has seen his best years and I would imagine he won't tote the rock much anymore, more of a limited situational player.

Odds are he will sustain another season ending injury this year and then hang them up. I wish there was a way he could have remained a Chief, but it just didn't make any sense to keep him on the team sucking up a roster spot at this point, with his injury history.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:09 PM 05-02-2017
Lol @ KnowMo trying to spin his comments into anything more than scorned lover talk

"Look, the Broncos and Elway ARE the greatest, Jamaal just said it!"

:-)
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 05:11 PM 05-02-2017

Jamaal Charles will wear #28. Obviously he couldn't have his #25 because of Chris Harris. https://t.co/5EABY3Kbik

— Cameron Wolfe (@CameronWolfe) May 2, 2017

[Reply]
Kiimo 05:11 PM 05-02-2017
Um if he's healthy and has a productive season we will never stop kicking ourselves for letting him go.

This sucks.

Then again I don't trust his knees at all.
[Reply]
wazu 05:12 PM 05-02-2017
"The fumble" suddenly has a completely different context.
[Reply]
arrwheader 05:13 PM 05-02-2017
This was a clear troll move by Elway.

Probably to get back at us for having a 340 pound lineman tossing a TD to ice their season. Stings a bit but I'm betting staring up at the Chiefs for the next 15 years will sting worse.
[Reply]
BlackOp 05:13 PM 05-02-2017
Originally Posted by wazu:

Jamaal Charles: “I always wanted to play for Denver”

Posted by Darin Gantt on May 2, 2017, 6:56 PM EDT

A lot of the goodwill Jamaal Charles built up in nine years in Kansas City might have just gone out the window.

The new Broncos running back revealed his true colors in a conference call this afternoon, admitting that his new boss was more than just a guy signing his checks.

“I always wanted to play for Denver,” Charles said, via Andrew Mason of the team’s official website. “Growing up, John Elway was one of my favorite players.”

Now, he gets to face the team which cut him twice a year, and it sounds like he relishes the opportunity.

“They say it’s a business, but it’s personal as well,” he said. “It is what is.”

Of course, there’s also the small matter of his health. Charles admitted he wasn’t ready last year, but has since had the knee cleaned up and is ready to go this season.

“I still feel like I can play ball and still keep up with the young people,” he said.

Charles played in just eight games and had 404 yards the last two seasons because of persistent knee problems, but the Broncos believe he can help their backfield. If he’s healthy, that may be the case, and the Oct. 30 trip to Kansas City for Monday Night Football and the Dec. 31 regular season finale in Denver will be that much more interesting.
Like I posted earlier...KC drafting his replacement fueled his resentment. If KC thought he was even 70% of his former self..they would have kept him.

KC fans should take this personal too...as he fleeced KC of well over $10 million+ the last two seasons while riding the bench. Dorsey paid him and extended his contract. Chiefs didnt dirty him....He just thumbed his nose at the franchise that made him a very rich man.

Who will be right...Dorsey or Charles?
[Reply]
TribalElder 05:15 PM 05-02-2017
I expect him to do well

Don't be salty, we cut the guy. I enjoyed many jamaal runs over the years. No surprise he went to another division team, he wants his shot at KC 2 times per year.
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:15 PM 05-02-2017
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Congrats Jamaal
Exactly, why not?
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:16 PM 05-02-2017
Who knows what he really said.
[Reply]
notorious 05:16 PM 05-02-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
No. Charles is a brokedick. I said as much on the Mane.

Could I be in your head more?

The Mane isn't fun anymore.

They are horrible at talking shit. It's a waste of time.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 49
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up