Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Jehu Chesson Thread*****
Dante84 11:48 AM 04-29-2017
Updates to come

[Reply]
Red Dawg 01:29 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I dont believe in trading picks to move up in later rds unless there's a 1st rd talent that's fallen. Using picks to move up in the earlier rds 1-3 is one thing, those are picks you want starting on day 1 if you can. Rds 4-7 are roster depth pics/projects/etc. Why would you trade away picks to move up to draft someone who's not going to play that much?
How many roster spots do we have? We had more picks than we can use so spend'em.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:30 PM 04-29-2017
Not so much homer as talking about a guy I've seen play a lot.

And I don't think I'm really saying anything you won't find in his draft profiles.

People tend to overreact negatively here. I know that I still don't understand either of yesterday's picks. But as far as Chesson goes, I haven't seen Mayock or McShay or Kiper use the word 'project' with him...
[Reply]
Frosty 01:32 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Not so much homer as talking about a guy I've seen play a lot.

And I don't think I'm really saying anything you won't find in his draft profiles.

People tend to overreact negatively here. I know that I still don't understand either of yesterday's picks. But as far as Chesson goes, I haven't seen Mayock or McShay or Kiper use the word 'project' with him...
I was just giving you crap. I appreciate the insight.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:32 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That he has a great 3 cone? Or that it's similar to OBJ?
Probably the same stupid shit as comparing Conley and Julio Jones "measurables". It means jack shit.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 01:33 PM 04-29-2017
These draft picks are turning out to be great for Scrabble.
[Reply]
hometeam 01:34 PM 04-29-2017
Drafting for depth as we will be without 2/3 of current WRs this time next year~
[Reply]
Why Not? 01:36 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
:-)

Hahha. Your reaction makes me feel like my take is even more accurate than I thought.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:36 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy:
How many roster spots do we have? We had more picks than we can use so spend'em.
Then you make that decision in camp and keep the best 53.

It's not going to kill a franchise if a late day pick ends up getting cut..or put on PS.

The more draft picks you have, the better your chances are of one of them actually working out for you.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:40 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy:
This is actually a valid point, though not exactly in the way you meant. We had more picks than we had available cap space to sign that number of picks. It's one of the reasons so many people expected us to trade up. Albeit not this many times.
[Reply]
smith11 02:13 PM 04-29-2017
BORN IN SIBERIA
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 02:51 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Don't get me started on Wilton Speight.

He also shared the field with the afore-mentioned Butt, as well as Amara Darboh, who as I recall went late last night. Really, I'd have been happy with any of those three in this range.
Hey he helped my boys in Columbus win again so I like the kid.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:59 PM 04-29-2017
.. we drafted an entire Arrakeen sietch?
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:59 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Hey he helped my boys in Columbus win again so I like the kid.
I'm not sure anybody helped them more than the officiating crew that day.

But hey, it's Michigan tradition to choke in big games. Or in little ones like Iowa, which is what really kept us out of the championship.
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:35 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Yup

A tad faster version of Junior Hemingway.

Meanwhile Denver drafts Jake Butt. Who' our TE behind Kelce? Harris is gonna be suspended I'm sure.

Would you please enlighten me on Harris? I either missed it or forgot it.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 05:36 PM 04-29-2017
checkmate bitches
[Reply]
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up