Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Jehu Chesson Thread*****
Dante84 11:48 AM 04-29-2017
Updates to come

[Reply]
Bowser 08:25 AM 05-24-2017
Originally Posted by milkman:
I really don't think Nelson is all that.

He's the beneficiary of playing with the best QB in the game today.
True, but Nelson doesn't shy away from contact and runs pretty crisp routes. I saw a lot of that in Chesson's '15 vid. Neither have that top end burner speed you want from your outside guys, but they seem to be quick enough.

I'm not even saying his pro career is going to mirror Jordy's, I just think there is some raw skill to work with there.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:28 PM 05-24-2017
Originally Posted by milkman:
I really don't think Nelson is all that.

He's the beneficiary of playing with the best QB in the game today.
Good QBs make receivers into more than they are. And lines. And runningbacks.

You saw it with Peyton (blech), you've seen it with Brady, you saw it with Elway and Marino and Montana. They see the field, they anticipate pressure, they throw receivers open, they just make everything work.

While Alex Smiths make everybody around them struggle.
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:41 PM 05-24-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
True, but Nelson doesn't shy away from contact and runs pretty crisp routes. I saw a lot of that in Chesson's '15 vid. Neither have that top end burner speed you want from your outside guys, but they seem to be quick enough.

I'm not even saying his pro career is going to mirror Jordy's, I just think there is some raw skill to work with there.
The kid looks like a stud to me. His production was down last year from being knicked up, but the year before looked solid.

This draft has the makings to be one of the best in Chiefs History.

Chesson, Hunt and 2PM- the Holy Trinity. :-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:45 PM 05-24-2017
[QUOTE=keg in kc;12888298]Good QBs make receivers into more than they are. And lines. And runningbacks.

You saw it with Peyton (blech), you've seen it with Brady, you saw it with Elway and Marino and Montana. They see the field, they anticipate pressure, they throw receivers open, they just make everything work.

While Alex Smiths make everybody around them struggle.[/QUOTE]

This. Think of how many missed TD's and big plays have been left on the field, forcing the punting unit to come out. That is a lot production lost due to "miscommunication" as Alex usually calls it.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:15 AM 05-26-2017
WR might be interesting this season. Robinson has been looking good.

http://m.chiefs.com/news/article-2/A...d-8e248b512017

On multiple occasions, Robinson showed a slithery athleticism across the middle of the field to get open and would finish it off by effortlessly snagging the ball out of the air.

To put it other words, Robinson made it look easy on Wednesday, and after practice, Robinson knew he turned some heads.

"I had a great day today," Robinson smiled after practice. "It was just going out there and trying to compete. I'm trying to prove whatever I can to get on the field. It's always about competing and showing the coaches what you can do.

"I mean, whether it's on the field or off the field, it's just knowing what you've got to do. I think today was a good way to get started."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:25 AM 05-26-2017
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
WR might be interesting this season. Robinson has been looking good.

http://m.chiefs.com/news/article-2/A...d-8e248b512017

On multiple occasions, Robinson showed a slithery athleticism across the middle of the field to get open and would finish it off by effortlessly snagging the ball out of the air.

To put it other words, Robinson made it look easy on Wednesday, and after practice, Robinson knew he turned some heads.

"I had a great day today," Robinson smiled after practice. "It was just going out there and trying to compete. I'm trying to prove whatever I can to get on the field. It's always about competing and showing the coaches what you can do.

"I mean, whether it's on the field or off the field, it's just knowing what you've got to do. I think today was a good way to get started."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, he and chee-chee's or w/e his name is, will be catching passes from Mahomes all practice long, so hopefully they both bring their "A" game.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:26 AM 05-26-2017
I really like our WR group right now

Maclin, Hill, Conley, Chesson, Wilson, and Robinson

There's quite a bit of young talent there
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:33 AM 05-26-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Conley and Chesson make for some damn good redzone targets.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:38 AM 05-26-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Conley and Chesson make for some damn good redzone targets.
Can't wait till we have a QB in there that will take advantage of that, and throwing the ball downfield to them and Tyreek

:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 07:08 AM 05-27-2017
From Terez Paylor's podcast, Chesson was taking snaps over DAT at returner at OTA's
[Reply]
TRR 07:31 AM 05-27-2017
Of all the picks from the KC draft, Chessen was my least favorite of the bunch. I felt the same way about Demarcus Robinson the year prior. Time will tell on both. Chessen's 2015 season was impressive with a competent QB in Ruddock. Add a knee injury, and a QB change going into 2016, and there may be something more to his underwhelming senior season.

Hopefully one of the two figures it out. I could go without seeing Albert Wilson's soft play at WR this season.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:54 AM 05-27-2017
He might be the teams kick returner in a few games. He's the #2 KR already according to reports.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:25 AM 05-27-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
He might be the teams kick returner in a few games. He's the #2 KR already according to reports.
I would be ok with hill not returning kicks or punts much this year.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 01:20 PM 05-27-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Thomas makes seven. One of them is getting cut.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 01:22 PM 05-27-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
From Terez Paylor's podcast, Chesson was taking snaps over DAT at returner at OTA's
That's good news.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Up