25. Deshaun Watson - Houston
26. Forrest Lamp - Seattle

27. Dalvin Cook - Chiefs

28. Tre'Davious White - Dallas
29. Alvin Kamara - Green Bay
30. Jordan Willis - Pittsburgh
31. Jabrill Peppers - Atlanta
32. Patrick Mahomes - Arizona

Cleveland trades with Tennessee to move up to 5th.
Tennessee gets their 12th. No other details.

Arizona trades from 45th to 32nd by trading their 3rd round pick.
New Orleans gets Arizona's 2nd round pick(45) & 3rd round pick(77).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:54 AM 04-27-2017
I hope somewhere in this draft we can pick up a really good OL player. We have a pretty good line now and we need to beef it up.
[Reply]
Unsmooth-Moment 06:12 AM 04-27-2017
I'd be ok with Cook. If Mahomes is still on the board it would be a tough choice though.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:37 AM 04-27-2017
Cook would be a miserably awful pick. No surplus value and a guy who is, by almost every account, a monumental dickbag.

You can find people saying he has more character concerns than Joe Mixon. Y'know, the guy that flat out knocked a girl out cold.

There's virtually no financial upside and do you realize that his SPARQ score is only slightly better than Lane Johnson's (an offensive tackle) because his broad jump was terrible and his vertical jump was terrible (both of which are excellent measures of initial burst/explosion) and worse still, his 3-cone time was among the worst of any RB as was his 20 yard shuffle.

This guy tested like absolute shit. He has character concerns all over him. He's at a positional that is less valuable in the league right now than a friggen guard as evidenced by the fact that pro-bowl RBs can be had for around $3 million/season on a short term deal.

Dalvin Cook is a terrible selection and honestly, I don't think I'd even take him with our 2nd.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:40 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Every time I watch him, I can't help but think it's Jamaal Charles running the ball. Plays just like him...I mean, the pick would grow on me but this is a super deep RB class where a good player can be had in the mid to late rounds.

Cook has shoulder trouble, runs around with thugs and has fumbles too much for a first rounder.
Make him a white guy with no dreds and you'd think he was Toby Gerhart. Same number of reps on the bench, much better explosion testing, absolutely wrecks cook in both the shuttle and the 3-cone. His 4.53 40 time was even comparable to Cooks 4.49.

Cook is a bad athlete for a runningback; I don't see how this keeps getting overlooked.

People are letting a guys visual similarities blind them to the fact that this guy couldn't hold Jamaal Charles jock. He's nowhere near the athlete Charles was. The agility, the balance and the explosion just isn't there.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:46 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Cook would be a miserably awful pick. No surplus value and a guy who is, by almost every account, a monumental dickbag.

You can find people saying he has more character concerns than Joe Mixon. Y'know, the guy that flat out knocked a girl out cold.

There's virtually no financial upside and do you realize that his SPARQ score is only slightly better than Lane Johnson's (an offensive tackle) because his broad jump was terrible and his vertical jump was terrible (both of which are excellent measures of initial burst/explosion) and worse still, his 3-cone time was among the worst of any RB as was his 20 yard shuffle.

This guy tested like absolute shit. He has character concerns all over him. He's at a positional that is less valuable in the league right now than a friggen guard as evidenced by the fact that pro-bowl RBs can be had for around $3 million/season on a short term deal.

Dalvin Cook is a terrible selection and honestly, I don't think I'd even take him with our 2nd.
But you wanted Mark sanchez so this probably means Cook will be awesome.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:51 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Every time I watch him, I can't help but think it's Jamaal Charles running the ball. Plays just like him...I mean, the pick would grow on me but this is a super deep RB class where a good player can be had in the mid to late rounds.

Cook has shoulder trouble, runs around with thugs and has fumbles too much for a first rounder.
The only thing this guy has in common with JC is the hair. Their running style is nowhere near the same, and the speed isn't even close.

The guy has a highlight reel of bursting through massive holes and being dragged down from behind. He has a few impressive runs but as DJ pointed out, his SPARQ was absolute garbage.

Dorsey is a SPARQ guy, so Cook won't be a Chief.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:00 PM 04-27-2017
Make him a white guy with no dreds and you'd think he was Toby Gerhart. Same number of reps on the bench, much better explosion testing, absolutely wrecks cook in both the shuttle and the 3-cone. His 4.53 40 time was even comparable to Cooks 4.49.

Cook is a bad athlete for a runningback; I don't see how this keeps getting overlooked.

People are letting a guys visual similarities blind them to the fact that this guy couldn't hold Jamaal Charles jock. He's nowhere near the athlete Charles was. The agility, the balance and the explosion just isn't there.

Shaun O'Hara
Writer | NFL.com
+ Follow On Twitter
Teams will strike gold with either of these two running backs
This is a debate between Dalvin Cook and Christian McCaffrey. Cook is one of the most complete running backs to come through the draft in a long time, while McCaffrey has the explosive, big-play ability. The Stanford product runs it between the tackles, contributes in the screen gam and plays the slot as a receiver. All of this makes him a dangerous player in the right offense. Both of these players can contribute on an NFL team in Week 1.

Heath Evans
Writer | NFL.com
+ Follow On Twitter
Talent-wise, Dalvin Cook tops my draft board -- even above Garrett
Even before Myles Garrett, the best prospect in this draft class is Dalvin Cook. Many players will go before Cook because of his off-the-field concerns, but he's a sure-fire talent. If you move everything aside and look purely at football talent, he might be the No. 1 player off the board.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:25 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
Shaun O'Hara
Writer | NFL.com
+ Follow On Twitter
Teams will strike gold with either of these two running backs
This is a debate between Dalvin Cook and Christian McCaffrey. Cook is one of the most complete running backs to come through the draft in a long time, while McCaffrey has the explosive, big-play ability. The Stanford product runs it between the tackles, contributes in the screen gam and plays the slot as a receiver. All of this makes him a dangerous player in the right offense. Both of these players can contribute on an NFL team in Week 1.

Heath Evans
Writer | NFL.com
+ Follow On Twitter
Talent-wise, Dalvin Cook tops my draft board -- even above Garrett
Even before Myles Garrett, the best prospect in this draft class is Dalvin Cook. Many players will go before Cook because of his off-the-field concerns, but he's a sure-fire talent. If you move everything aside and look purely at football talent, he might be the No. 1 player off the board.
Heath Evans is the single dumbest person on this entire planet of Earth.

His endorsement of Cook should be all that any of you need to hate that pick.

A RB with lineman athleticism and Evans says he's a #1 overall player. What a moron.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:29 PM 04-27-2017
It's because if you watch him play that test goes out the window at no point in his career that did Cook ever looked like he lacked explosion or speed or bust. The guy literally dominated everyone he played, made a ton of big plays and was a factor in the pass game.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:30 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
But you wanted Mark sanchez so this probably means Cook will be awesome.
I wanted Sanchez instead of Cassel. I was still right.

You still pine for Johnny Manziel, which is pure insanity.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:32 PM 04-27-2017
I've also never heard that Cook is a dick bag I've heard he hangs out with some undesirables but not that he was a dick.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:35 PM 04-27-2017
I wanted Sanchez instead of Cassel. I was still right.

You still pine for Johnny Manziel, which is pure insanity.
Manziels not done. Browns wrecked him but he escaped. Chapter II coming soon.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:00 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I've also never heard that Cook is a dick bag I've heard he hangs out with some undesirables but not that he was a dick.
A person's sphere of influence absolutely matters. The company you keep says a lot about a person. And yes, i've read that he has some character concerns as well.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:02 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's because if you watch him play that test goes out the window at no point in his career that did Cook ever looked like he lacked explosion or speed or bust. The guy literally dominated everyone he played, made a ton of big plays and was a factor in the pass game.
I've been watching Cook since HS and I agree with this.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:03 PM 04-27-2017

What about Alvin Kamara?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up