ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Gruden's QB Camp
Coogs 12:20 PM 04-11-2017
Starts tonight at 7:30 Central on ESPN2.

Watson and Trubisky are on tonight.

I know some of you don't care for this show, but I am anxious to see these guys.
[Reply]
Dante84 02:29 PM 05-01-2017
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Watson came across pretty arrogant in a recent interview when they asked him his thoughts on potentially getting drafted behind Trubisky. Bragged about his winning record and claimed everyone would regret not taking him first. Never mind that it's a team game and he would not have won those games without an elite defense, elite offensive line, and really good skill position talent around him. That includes a Top 10 talent at receiver who bailed him out on numerous noodle arm throws during his career.

I think you will fall in love with Pat the more you see of him. He has a great personality.
I saw that as well, the week leading up to the draft. Those statements [a 'slap in the face' to not go first, etc..] seemed kinda manufactured/disingenuous to me. It was counter to everything else he has said/done throughout this process, and even college.

To me, and I'm totally speculating, I felt it was someone pushing him to be more brazen or cocky. Perhaps what I viewed as kind and genuine came off as weak to coaches and GM's? Perhaps they prefer a guy with some swagger?

Either way, thrilled with the pick, and think we are in a better situation than Houston.
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:30 PM 05-01-2017
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Watson came across pretty arrogant in a recent interview when they asked him his thoughts on potentially getting drafted behind Trubisky. Bragged about his winning record and claimed everyone would regret not taking him first. Never mind that it's a team game and he would not have won those games without an elite defense, elite offensive line, and really good skill position talent around him. That includes a Top 10 talent at receiver who bailed him out on numerous noodle arm throws during his career.

I think you will fall in love with Pat the more you see of him. He has a great personality.
I have no problem with him saying any of that, he better believe in himself because at the end of the day that's all he's got.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:36 PM 05-01-2017
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I saw that as well, the week leading up to the draft. Those statements [a 'slap in the face' to not go first, etc..] seemed kinda manufactured/disingenuous to me. It was counter to everything else he has said/done throughout this process, and even college.

To me, and I'm totally speculating, I felt it was someone pushing him to be more brazen or cocky. Perhaps what I viewed as kind and genuine came off as weak to coaches and GM's? Perhaps they prefer a guy with some swagger?

Either way, thrilled with the pick, and think we are in a better situation than Houston.
You may be correct that it was manufactured.

But that statement just came across really bad to me, as someone who has seen a program struggle to get enough talent on all sides of the ball to be competitive. Clemson is loaded with talent across the board, year in and year out. Watson was a great player but he also had a ton of help. Mahomes had almost zero help and I guarantee you Deshaun Watson would not have fixed Tech's problem on defense or the offensive line problems. We still would have lost a bunch of games if he was our QB.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:33 PM 05-01-2017
All that matters is that Mahomes has talent to back it up. That said, he never came across as cocky to me, just confident in his abilities and determined to sell himself.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:44 PM 05-06-2017
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Mine also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've loved Mahomes for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up