ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Gruden's QB Camp
Coogs 12:20 PM 04-11-2017
Starts tonight at 7:30 Central on ESPN2.

Watson and Trubisky are on tonight.

I know some of you don't care for this show, but I am anxious to see these guys.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 04:34 PM 04-16-2017
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
LOL i am not sure how you got "He jsut doesnt want to be coached" out of that
well first, I'm not the person who said it. Dante did, I just found the part he was talking about for him.

But now that you've challenged the subject.

"coaches say something all the time ......."

"if i can make a throw then I just make it"

A coach is telling him to set his feet etc and him not doing what his coaches tell him to do because he feels like he doesn't need to.

So ya, that's Mahomes resisting being coached about his throwing mechanics.
[Reply]
Coogs 05:39 PM 04-16-2017
Originally Posted by Dante84:
How do you know he knows that? Id want to humble his cockiness because throwing into triple coverage and getting picked doesn't do anyone any good at the end of a game. He needs to know when to throw to the flat, get the first down and put the team in a better position to win. (Talking about the game he and gruden discuss.)

Ben and Rodgers make smart decisions when it counts. Rodgers specifically. They've earned the right to let their nuts hang.
Brady threw a pass late in the Super Bowl into double coverage. Should have been picked. Instead one of the all time great Super Bowl catches. Big play in their win.

Alex would have checked it down.
[Reply]
Dante84 05:43 PM 04-16-2017
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Brady threw a pass late in the Super Bowl into double coverage. Should have been picked. Instead one of the all time great Super Bowl catches. Big play in their win.

Alex would have checked it down.
That was Tom Brady, in the Super Bowl. Tom is a pocket passer with beautiful mechanics. He had previously been to 5 Super Bowls.

Mahomes led a mediocre Texas Tech team.

I get what you're saying, but... vastly different circumstances.
[Reply]
Coogs 05:49 PM 04-16-2017
That was Tom Brady, in the Super Bowl. Tom is a pocket passer with beautiful mechanics. He had previously been to 5 Super Bowls.

Mahomes led a mediocre Texas Tech team.

I get what you're saying, but... vastly different circumstances.
Agreed on all accounts. Points is, Brady still had the balls to throw the Super Bowl up for grabs, and for that he came out with a win.

I'm not even saying Mahomes is Brady. But damn, I would love a guy who had the stones to trust his arm.
[Reply]
Dante84 05:55 PM 04-16-2017
Agreed on all accounts. Points is, Brady still had the balls to throw the Super Bowl up for grabs, and for that he came out with a win.

I'm not even saying Mahomes is Brady. But damn, I would love a guy who had the stones to trust his arm.
Agree with you.

I want a ballsy QB too. But I want one who is smart, and willing to listen/grow from coaches and other vets.

For me, Matt Stafford is the mold I would like to replicate for this team.
[Reply]
SAGA45 08:59 PM 04-16-2017
I don't mind Mahomes' confidence in his arm at all. Watch the Gruden QB Camp video I posted earlier featuring Favre....Favre repeatedly states how he made throws because he knew he could and Gruden mentioned how much that frustrated Holmgren and the staff. Obviously, Favre has the ints to show for his philosophy but he also has a yellow jacket.

This isn't to say Mahomes is a future Hall of Famer but to illustrate, and to piggyback on what someone stated earlier about Big Ben and Rodgers, that at the fundamental core of the great QB's is an extreme confidence in their arm and a willingness to take risks.

I recall Reid stating last offseason that he wanted Alex Smith to take more shots...make more riskier throws. But that's something I feel has to be wired into the guy already. It can't be learned. Mahomes has that intangible already.

As far as Mahomes not seeming coachable in the Gruden clip, I think it would've been widespread news by now if Mahomes wasn't a coachable player. That sort of thing spreads through the scouting community like wildfire. I haven't seen or read anything negative about Mahomes off the field.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:46 PM 04-16-2017
If Mahomes is the antithesis to Reid's conservatism and has the talent to back it up, then we'd be well-served to sell the entire draft for him.
[Reply]
Coogs 02:27 PM 04-23-2017
Gruden's pick from the class is Mahomes.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:07 PM 04-23-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Where are people getting this shit that Trubisky is the dumbest?

WATSON is the dumbest. The dude couldn't even spit out a fucking playcall?

Yeah, if it's his first time doing it, sure, he can learn, but in terms of actual knowledge? He doesn't have much football knowledge in his brain right now, and it should be evident to everybody that watches these things just how far he has to go.
Lowest wonderlic score out of the top guys too. 20
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:39 PM 04-23-2017
Gruden's pick from the class is Mahomes.

Mine also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:46 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
WHAT KINDA NAME IS MITCH? IN TAMPA WE HAD A GUY NAMED WARREN SAPP YA KNOW THAT NAME? THAT'S A REAL FOOTBALL NAME. NEVER KNEW ANY FOOTBALL GUYS NAMED MITCH
:-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:01 AM 04-30-2017
This thread is now a fun read
[Reply]
MahiMike 12:06 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
This thread is now a fun read
yep
[Reply]
Dante84 05:57 PM 04-30-2017
Watson is the most like-able, plain and simple.

Trubisky is the dumbest (like the brother Jason from True Blood, or Cleetus from the Simpsons.)
Mahomes is the cockiest (Ba$eball dad, probably grew up getting jerked off by his friends. Big fish, small pond. Scares me that he won't listen to coaching.)
Kizer is socially awkward (verbal ticks - "love it love it" - and seems kind of immature/insecure).
I was drunk, it was late.

My thought process is that he likes to play "hero ball," which is great if you are also being smart and not forcing shit in bad situations. Surely he's been coached situational football, and surely he's been coached on why he shouldn't make stupid lobs off of his back foot.

And maybe it's just because he's a cocky little SOB. That's not to say Reid wouldn't humble him and make him reign it in, like he's been able to do with Kelce, but it's definitely something Dorsey and Reid should be on top of in their evals.
How do you know he knows that? Id want to humble his cockiness because throwing into triple coverage and getting picked doesn't do anyone any good at the end of a game. He needs to know when to throw to the flat, get the first down and put the team in a better position to win. (Talking about the game he and gruden discuss.)

Ben and Rodgers make smart decisions when it counts. Rodgers specifically. They've earned the right to let their nuts hang.
Agree with you.

I want a ballsy QB too. But I want one who is smart, and willing to listen/grow from coaches and other vets.

For me, Matt Stafford is the mold I would like to replicate for this team.
I stand by the point that I liked Watson's personality the most. I also stand by the fact that Mahomes came off the cockiest (although Kizer seemed that way too, but weirder about it...).

I think the same points I made about PM2 needing to learn from Reid are true as well. Really hope he pans out, and won't give a goddamned flying fuck if he's cocky when he's dropping L's on every other team.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:18 PM 05-01-2017
I stand by the point that I liked Watson's personality the most. I also stand by the fact that Mahomes came off the cockiest (although Kizer seemed that way too, but weirder about it...).

I think the same points I made about PM2 needing to learn from Reid are true as well. Really hope he pans out, and won't give a goddamned flying **** if he's cocky when he's dropping L's on every other team.
Watson came across pretty arrogant in a recent interview when they asked him his thoughts on potentially getting drafted behind Trubisky. Bragged about his winning record and claimed everyone would regret not taking him first. Never mind that it's a team game and he would not have won those games without an elite defense, elite offensive line, and really good skill position talent around him. That includes a Top 10 talent at receiver who bailed him out on numerous noodle arm throws during his career.

I think you will fall in love with Pat the more you see of him. He has a great personality.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up