ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Gruden's QB Camp
Coogs 12:20 PM 04-11-2017
Starts tonight at 7:30 Central on ESPN2.

Watson and Trubisky are on tonight.

I know some of you don't care for this show, but I am anxious to see these guys.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:14 AM 04-16-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Where are people getting this shit that Trubisky is the dumbest?

WATSON is the dumbest. The dude couldn't even spit out a fucking playcall?

Yeah, if it's his first time doing it, sure, he can learn, but in terms of actual knowledge? He doesn't have much football knowledge in his brain right now, and it should be evident to everybody that watches these things just how far he has to go.
The same morons that think that Kizer doesn't come off as "genuine".
[Reply]
BossChief 10:34 AM 04-16-2017
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Watson is the most like-able, plain and simple.

Trubisky is the dumbest (like the brother Jason from True Blood, or Cleetus from the Simpsons.)
Mahomes is the cockiest (Ba$eball dad, probably grew up getting jerked off by his friends. Big fish, small pond. Scares me that he won't listen to coaching.)
Kizer is socially awkward (verbal ticks - "love it love it" - and seems kind of immature/insecure).
Won't listen to coaching?
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 01:13 PM 04-16-2017
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Kizer doesn't come off as genuine. Seems more to be saying what he thinks people want to hear. Of course all the prospects are coached up for interviews. I'm sure these guys prepped for Gruden...but there's somethin about Kizer's demeaner...how he talks...I can't put a finger on it but the vibe isn't good.
That certainly fits with the rumors about him.

immature, not really liked by teammates
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 01:16 PM 04-16-2017
I kinda liked Mahomes. He was likable even though he was cocky as fuck.

Kaaya was surprisingly smooth
[Reply]
Dante84 01:27 PM 04-16-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I was drunk, it was late.

My thought process is that he likes to play "hero ball," which is great if you are also being smart and not forcing shit in bad situations. Surely he's been coached situational football, and surely he's been coached on why he shouldn't make stupid lobs off of his back foot.

And maybe it's just because he's a cocky little SOB. That's not to say Reid wouldn't humble him and make him reign it in, like he's been able to do with Kelce, but it's definitely something Dorsey and Reid should be on top of in their evals.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 01:32 PM 04-16-2017
I was drunk, it was late.

My thought process is that he likes to play "hero ball," which is great if you are also being smart and not forcing shit in bad situations. Surely he's been coached situational football, and surely he's been coached on why he shouldn't make stupid lobs off of his back foot.

And maybe it's just because he's a cocky little SOB. That's not to say Reid wouldn't humble him and make him reign it in, like he's been able to do with Kelce, but it's definitely something Dorsey and Reid should be on top of in their evals.
Why would you want to humble that? Does it not work when Rodger's or Big Ben does it? I love the cockiness and the fact that he knows he can make every throw. He only needs to make better decisions on occasions and he knows that.
[Reply]
SAGA45 01:39 PM 04-16-2017
Good stuff here.....check out who the guest is:

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 01:58 PM 04-16-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Where are people getting this shit that Trubisky is the dumbest?

WATSON is the dumbest. The dude couldn't even spit out a fucking playcall?

Yeah, if it's his first time doing it, sure, he can learn, but in terms of actual knowledge? He doesn't have much football knowledge in his brain right now, and it should be evident to everybody that watches these things just how far he has to go.
Trubisky doesn't come off as dumb.
Watson completed his communications degree in 3 years so he is definitely not dumb.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 02:05 PM 04-16-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Full episodes with Mahomes, Kizer, Trubisky, and Watson...

Spoiler!
Thanks
[Reply]
RunKC 02:15 PM 04-16-2017
ESPN radio mentioned that scouts think Kizer is Similar to EJ Manuel?

Damn. I'm thinking someone is trying to get this kid to fall to them. I think all this stuff about Kizer would be far more believable if it came out last month after the combine.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 02:30 PM 04-16-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Gruden "why don't you square yourself? Why don't you get in a better throwing position? Why, you don't have to?"

Mahomes "Coaches say something all the time ... you need to get more downhill. But if you can make a throw, I just make it"

Sounds to me like coaches have tried to get him to clean up his mechanics and he just doesn't want to.

He might not change until he starts failing. Won't know how he will react after that happens.
[Reply]
Dante84 02:50 PM 04-16-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
Gruden "why don't you square yourself? Why don't you get in a better throwing position? Why, you don't have to?"

Mahomes "Coaches say something all the time ... you need to get more downhill. But if you can make a throw, I just make it"

Sounds to me like coaches have tried to get him to clean up his mechanics and he just doesn't want to.

He might not change until he starts failing. Won't know how he will react after that happens.
Yes, thanks. That was the quote that turned me off.
[Reply]
Dante84 02:54 PM 04-16-2017
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Why would you want to humble that? Does it not work when Rodger's or Big Ben does it? I love the cockiness and the fact that he knows he can make every throw. He only needs to make better decisions on occasions and he knows that.
How do you know he knows that? Id want to humble his cockiness because throwing into triple coverage and getting picked doesn't do anyone any good at the end of a game. He needs to know when to throw to the flat, get the first down and put the team in a better position to win. (Talking about the game he and gruden discuss.)

Ben and Rodgers make smart decisions when it counts. Rodgers specifically. They've earned the right to let their nuts hang.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 03:21 PM 04-16-2017
How do you know he knows that? Id want to humble his cockiness because throwing into triple coverage and getting picked doesn't do anyone any good at the end of a game. He needs to know when to throw to the flat, get the first down and put the team in a better position to win. (Talking about the game he and gruden discuss.)

Ben and Rodgers make smart decisions when it counts. Rodgers specifically. They've earned the right to let their nuts hang.
Great one generally start out cocky

You just don't know what is going to happen when they have to reign it in.

Will they be able to play under control but still be "cocky"?

Some can, many can't

That's why Mahomes isn't going top-10, at least we don't think he is.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 03:33 PM 04-16-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:

LOL i am not sure how you got "He jsut doesnt want to be coached" out of that
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up