ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 130
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017 STL Cardinals Thread
BigRedChief 08:06 PM 01-27-2017
My as well get it started. Here's my "Matheny" lineup.....

Fowler CF
Diaz SS
Carpenter 1B
Piscotty RF
Grichuk LF
Molina C
Peralta 3B
Wong 2B
Pitcher

My "Matheny" Starting rotation

Martinez
Reyes
Wainwright
Lynn
Leake
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:00 PM 01-28-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Shitbag Royal fans are the worst fans in the league. They just wish they had an organization half as good as the Cardinals.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
They didn't even watch games for 2 and a half decades.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:32 AM 01-29-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Shitbag Royal fans are the worst fans in the league. They just wish they had an organization half as good as the Cardinals.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
Good thing I'm not a Royals' fan either. :-) Fuck the Royals more than the Cardinals!
[Reply]
Marco Polo 03:58 PM 01-29-2017
I see Moss is close to joining the Royals. I would have liked to re-sign him as a flexible back up option to 1B/OF.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:26 PM 01-29-2017
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
I see Moss is close to joining the Royals. I would have liked to re-sign him as a flexible back up option to 1B/OF.
yeah, ESPN is reporting it as a done deal pending physical. 2 years $12 million guaranteed.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:36 PM 01-29-2017
Good riddance
[Reply]
Stinger 01:31 PM 01-30-2017
MLB strips Cardinals of draft picks, fines them $2 million for Astros hack

Major League Baseball dropped an unprecedented penalty on the St. Louis Cardinals for their former scouting director’s hacking of the Houston Astros’ computer system, ordering the Cardinals to send their top two draft picks to the Astros and pay them $2 million in damages, while placing perpetrator Chris Correa on the permanently ineligible list.

Commissioner Rob Manfred wrote in his ruling that no Cardinals employee other than Correa participated in the hacking and there will be no further discipline.

“Although Mr. Correa’s conduct was not authorized by the Cardinals, as a matter of MLB policy I am holding the Cardinals responsible for his conduct,” Manfred wrote.

Monday’s actions seemingly put an end to a saga that began when Correa, a former colleague of Astros GM Jeff Luhnow, hacked into their computer systems in 2013 and 2014 after Luhnow and other Cardinals executives joined the Astros. Correa’s role came to light in 2015, when the Cardinals terminated him while he was under federal investigation. In July 2016, Correa was sentenced to 46 months in prison and ordered to pay the Astros $279,000 in restitution.

"This unprecedented award by the Commissioner's office sends a clear message of the severity of these actions,” the Astros said in a statement.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...hack/97250008/
[Reply]
Miles 01:46 PM 01-30-2017
Some additional info from sentencing

http://deadspin.com/feds-cardinals-h...s-r-1791778599
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:11 PM 01-30-2017
{shrug}

Could've been worse. You gotta figure that the pick would've been our first rounder but/for losing it with the Fowler signing.

So that takes some of the sting out of giving up a pick for Fowler; I'd much rather give up a couple of comp-round picks than a first. 56 and 75 isn't quite Hail Mary territory but outside of the top 35-40 picks, you're really just sifting through the same pile of lotto tickets as everyone else and hoping to get lucky.

The worst part is that the Cardinals draft $$ allotment is essentially nil now. It's still amazing to me that their big money 'international splurge' this last off-season yielded about the 10th most money spent on international signings.

They keep their powder dry during the Yoan Moncada bidding and then burn it all up on a bunch of middle-tier prospects that are about as likely to hit as mid-round draft picks.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:00 PM 01-30-2017
That's a fair punishment, and goddamn if it doesn't hurt.
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:17 PM 01-30-2017
This punishment never would have happened if the Cardinals were owned by Jesuits.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:40 PM 01-30-2017
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
That's a fair punishment, and goddamn if it doesn't hurt.
stupid ass in house rivalry cost us two picks. :-)

They had better not allow that to happen again.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:17 PM 01-30-2017
Good will help with the tanking
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:48 PM 01-30-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Good will help with the tanking
we have too much talent to tank.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:49 PM 01-30-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
{shrug}

Could've been worse. You gotta figure that the pick would've been our first rounder but/for losing it with the Fowler signing.

So that takes some of the sting out of giving up a pick for Fowler; I'd much rather give up a couple of comp-round picks than a first. 56 and 75 isn't quite Hail Mary territory but outside of the top 35-40 picks, you're really just sifting through the same pile of lotto tickets as everyone else and hoping to get lucky.

The worst part is that the Cardinals draft $$ allotment is essentially nil now. It's still amazing to me that their big money 'international splurge' this last off-season yielded about the 10th most money spent on international signings.

They keep their powder dry during the Yoan Moncada bidding and then burn it all up on a bunch of middle-tier prospects that are about as likely to hit as mid-round draft picks.
I'm sure MLB realized it wasn't a hack to get an unfair advantage in the draft or on the field but a stupid ass inter-team and personal riviraly gone down a rabbit hole. But, they couldn't let it slide as a precedent.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:50 PM 02-02-2017
The press conference concluded with the star pitcher requesting that his family members in the back of the room join him at the front, up on the stage. Carlos Martinez, wearing a scarlet bow tie, grinned as the cameras flashed. General manager John Mozeliak happily observed the celebration from the side.

A congratulatory phone call was on its way.

This was a day of celebration.

"I thought it was an opportunity I couldn't let go of," Martinez said through a team translator during the announcement of a record deal for a first-time arbitration eligible pitcher.

His extension is for five years and $51 million. But it's more than that. Two team options could increase the contract to seven years and $86 million. But it's more than that, too.

The 25-year-old righthander agreed to perhaps pass up more riches down the road to immediately secure a future for himself, his family and his philanthropic efforts here and in the Dominican Republic.

Meanwhile the Cardinals are betting that Martinez's current trajectory will not plateau, but instead establish him as the cornerstone of the rotation for years to come.

"When we think about him, we already talk about him in that elite status of potential No. 1, and as a dominating-type starter," Mozeliak said. "When you think about his performance over the last few years, there's no reason not to think that's where it's headed."

"It's really about trying to make an investment in our future," Mozeliak added. "Understanding that we see him as an emerging star, someone who is going to be an elite performer for a long time."
[Reply]
Page 2 of 130
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Up