ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Media Center>Alien: Covenant
Fish 09:34 AM 01-27-2017

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:00 PM 05-19-2017
Saw this today... enjoyable, gory a bit but the crew is dumb af...and the spoiler posted is spot on...but ending was like oh?! I think original alien fans more so dislike this. I'm a casual fan and enjoyed it...better than Prometheus.

Also an interesting beginning which I thought was cool regarding the captain. Unexpected.
[Reply]
sully1983 12:41 PM 05-20-2017
Overall it pretty much sucked. Caught this last night and was underwhelmed . Fassbender was aces though. McBride was okay but overall it didn't deliver . I had the same problems with Prometheus (the crew making absolutely stupid choices) .
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:01 PM 05-24-2017
I was disappointed.

It looked pretty good as Prometheus did, but the crew still did some things that make no ****ing sense and I have questions:

Spoiler!

I'll say I didn't like James Franco much in this..
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:07 PM 05-24-2017
A bit more complaints:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:15 PM 05-24-2017
This movie seems like Scott is shitting on James Cameron's Aliens.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:30 PM 05-24-2017
It wasn't all bad. Fassbender was fucking awesome, as usual. That dude is seriously a wizard with words. I don't know of another actor who convincingly pulls off such diverse accents.

They've done a decent job of world building, well at least establishing some lore despite rarely giving a concrete answer. I was intrigued as fuck during Prometheus and still so during Covenant.

It looks great, minus some shitty CGI on the aliens.

... but, yeah. That's basically it. I thought the aliens weren't very interesting as your typical movie monster slasher and the twist was so telegraphed a preschooler could have pinned it midway through.
[Reply]
notorious 02:28 PM 07-05-2017
Fuck you Ridley Scott.

This movie could have been so much better. God Damnit.
[Reply]
notorious 02:33 PM 07-05-2017
Spoiler!

[Reply]
notorious 02:35 PM 07-05-2017

[Reply]
notorious 02:39 PM 07-05-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Cool.

I just hope that this time around the characters aren't teenage slasher movie stupid.
HOOO BOOOY.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:22 PM 07-05-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
HOOO BOOOY.
Haven't seen it. I suppose I'll watch it when it hits DTV Cinema, but I was sufficiently spooked by the crappy reviews, both here and at RT.
[Reply]
Nickhead 04:09 PM 07-05-2017
yeah, this movie was terrible. really terrible. :-)
[Reply]
notorious 04:26 PM 07-05-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Haven't seen it. I suppose I'll watch it when it hits DTV Cinema, but I was sufficiently spooked by the crappy reviews, both here and at RT.
If you can completely disassociate this movie from the originals you will be fine.

In other words, if Prometheus and Covenant were the first Alien movies you have watched, you will probably like it. But.........
[Reply]
JD10367 08:06 PM 07-05-2017
Bottom line is, Scott's franchise cut it's teeth as suspenseful monster-stalker movies ("Alien", "Aliens"), and then the franchise got all thoughtful and went to shit. The first sign was the beginning of "Alien 3" when they callously killed off Newt and Hicks.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:06 PM 07-05-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
If you can completely disassociate this movie from the originals you will be fine.

In other words, if Prometheus and Covenant were the first Alien movies you have watched, you will probably like it. But.........
I enjoyed Prometheus, despite it's many faults. But from what I've heard the crew in this one made those idiots look like geniuses by comparison.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up