ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Media Center>Alien: Covenant
Fish 09:34 AM 01-27-2017

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:49 AM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Damn, they even gig you for parking? That's brutal. Only in downtown Chicago does that crap happen around here.
Parking has become so ridiculously overpriced and will continue due to several empty parking lots become 30+ story residential mixed use towers just minutes from my home. It's getting to the point where Uber makes far more sense than driving.

And I agree with you on Rogue One. The more I think about it the more I like it.
I saw it three times at the theater, bought the Digital copy the day it was released (a week before the Blu Ray/DVD) then bought the Blu Ray a week later, just to have for portable DVD players when traveling. I've probably watched it at least 20 times now and enjoy it more with each viewing.

Man, if Episode VIII, Han Solo and the future films are even close to Rogue One, I'll be in Star Wars heaven (and for the record, I thought VII was lame).
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:11 PM 05-12-2017
I just heard a day or two ago about the 3d 're-release of Terminator 2. That could end up being the best movie I see in a theater all summer
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:25 PM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
I accidentally learned a pretty big spoiler about the plot. If anyone is interested in sharing my spoiler misery:

Spoiler!
They hint at that in the previews, so not that spoilery.
[Reply]
sully1983 01:12 PM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

I'd love to see Dunkirk in IMAX (I saw the 10 minute trailer before Rogue One in IMAX) and it was absolutely amazing. But the nearest IMAX is at Universal Citywalk and it's freaking $20 dollars for parking and $28 for an IMAX ticket.

I might just wait for a screener.
A screener?! Dude just NO . Dunkirk is intended to be seen in IMAX for sure. Nolan filmed a TON of the movie with IMAX cameras.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:23 PM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
77%

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/alien_covenant

WOOHOO!
RT had Prometheus at 75%, so I'd be wary of trusting it on this movie.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:30 PM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
RT had Prometheus at 75%, so I'd be wary of trusting it on this movie.
And some of us actually enjoyed Prometheus...

Personally I'm a little disappointed they're not focusing on the engineers as much. The xeno has been done to death. I'd rather learn more about the engineers.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:41 PM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
I accidentally learned a pretty big spoiler about the plot. If anyone is interested in sharing my spoiler misery:

Spoiler!

Would explain the planet having wheat fields.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Frazod 02:19 PM 05-12-2017
Parking has become so ridiculously overpriced and will continue due to several empty parking lots become 30+ story residential mixed use towers just minutes from my home. It's getting to the point where Uber makes far more sense than driving.
I don't think that's anything I'll have to worry about living in the suburbs. At least I hope not.

Originally Posted by :
I saw it three times at the theater, bought the Digital copy the day it was released (a week before the Blu Ray/DVD) then bought the Blu Ray a week later, just to have for portable DVD players when traveling. I've probably watched it at least 20 times now and enjoy it more with each viewing.

Man, if Episode VIII, Han Solo and the future films are even close to Rogue One, I'll be in Star Wars heaven (and for the record, I thought VII was lame).
Even though the adult me recognizes that Empire was (and probably still is) the best made movie with the best story, the kid in me remembers how it made me feel - depressed and confused. The original was exhilarating; Jedi, despite the killer teddy bears, was mostly exhilarating. Force Awakens was clearly an obvious rehash of the original, which left me with nostalgic smile for the original cast members and not much else. And I won't even discuss the wretched prequels. But Rogue One.... I think I had a silly grin on my face pretty much the whole way through. It was just wonderful. Made me feel like that 11-year-old kid watching the original for the first time back in 1977.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:22 PM 05-12-2017
I think I had a silly grin on my face pretty much the whole way through. It was just wonderful. Made me feel like that 11-year-old kid watching the original for the first time back in 1977.
Me, too. And surprisingly, that happens on each re-watch of the film. KK and Lucasfilm really knocked it out of the park and I can't wait for the next two movies.

I'm a little weary of Episode IX, even though Trevorrow did entertain with Jurassic World, because that's the only movie I've seen from him and I'm not sure how that translates to the Star Wars Universe.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:23 PM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by sully1983:
A screener?! Dude just NO . Dunkirk is intended to be seen in IMAX for sure. Nolan filmed a TON of the movie with IMAX cameras.
I know this but I'm not sure I want to shell out $50 dollars with parking to see it in Imax when I have home theater sound in my house.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:28 PM 05-12-2017
Me, too. And surprisingly, that happens on each re-watch of the film. KK and Lucasfilm really knocked it out of the park and I can't wait for the next two movies.

I'm a little weary of Episode IX, even though Trevorrow did entertain with Jurassic World, because that's the only movie I've seen from him and I'm not sure how that translates to the Star Wars Universe.
Ironically, Jurassic World was on just last night and I watched most of it. It certainly did a better job honoring the original film than Force Awakens did.

Although it could have been terrible and just staring at Bryce Dallas Howard would have saved it. :-)
[Reply]
Fish 02:53 PM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Would explain the planet having wheat fields.

Spoiler!
Yeah...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:46 PM 05-12-2017
Ironically, Jurassic World was on just last night and I watched most of it. It certainly did a better job honoring the original film than Force Awakens did.

Although it could have been terrible and just staring at Bryce Dallas Howard would have saved it. :-)
It was actually pretty decent, with the 3rd act being badass.

The only real problem I had with it was that Chris Pratt and Bryce Howard seemed to have zero chemistry and, at least to me, seemed really forced.

But the last 15 minutes were worth the price of the Blu Ray. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 05:50 PM 05-12-2017
It was actually pretty decent, with the 3rd act being badass.

The only real problem I had with it was that Chris Pratt and Bryce Howard seemed to have zero chemistry and, at least to me, seemed really forced.

But the last 15 minutes were worth the price of the Blu Ray. :-)
I have enough chemistry with her for all of us. :-)

The only parts of the movie that were truly annoying involved the little kids - it just ground to a halt when they were onscreen. I kept hoping they'd get eaten, but much like Jar Jar, I knew they would survive. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:29 PM 05-12-2017
I have enough chemistry with her for all of us. :-)

The only parts of the movie that were truly annoying involved the little kids - it just ground to a halt when they were onscreen. I kept hoping they'd get eaten, but much like Jar Jar, I knew they would survive. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up