ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 23
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>****OFFICIAL Walterfootball.com Mock Draft Thread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 10-14-2016
www.walterfootball.com

I'll try and update this periodically throughout the season.

17. Charles Harris, DE/OLB, Missouri

The Chiefs currently aren't getting any pressure on the quarterback. That's obviously because Justin Houston is out, but Dee Ford, starting in his place, has done nothing. Tamba Hali doesn't have much longer remaining as a pro, so the Chiefs will need to find a suitable replacement for him.

49. Anthony Walker, ILB, Northwestern

The Chiefs could spend a second-day selection on an inside linebacker, given that Derrick Johnson is nearing retirement.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:50 AM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Daniel Jeremiah has KC taking Budda Baker in his most recent mock...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/mock-d...eremiah/335600
Passing on Kizer or Mahomes? For a safety? Fuck that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:58 AM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Passing on Kizer or Mahomes? For a safety? Fuck that.
That won't happen.

I'm inclined to believe at this point that the Chiefs aren't going to trade up for a QB. If one falls to them, however, they'll grab him. The problem is going to be teams like Cleveland at the top of the 1st being willing to move ahead of them. The league has to know that the Chiefs are a landing spot for a QB late in the 1st and if one of them is still sitting there at 25, don't you think the Browns would gladly surrender a 3rd to move up there and snag him?

If Dorsey wants a QB, at some point he's going to have to be more aggressive. His 'wait for the board to come to me' approach has worked out okay thus far but with this particular position, it's not gonna happen.
[Reply]
O.city 11:08 AM 02-09-2017
It's still really early.

But I'm thinking the qbs will be there at 27
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:18 AM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's still really early.

Which ones?
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 12:04 PM 02-09-2017
It's still really early.

I could see the Saints, Browns, Jets, Bears, Giants, and Texans all looking for QB's. The Browns, Bears, and Jets could all probably trade down to the middle of the first and take their QB's there.

If the Chiefs have a QB they like, and he's still there around the 20's, I'd be really scared of the Giants (@23) and the Texans (@25) taking him. Hell, you'd have to worry about teams trying to jump the Giants and Texans too. I don't think it's wise to sit there and wait on a potential franchise QB to fall to you, you gotta make a move to get him.
[Reply]
O.city 12:08 PM 02-09-2017
I could see the Saints, Browns, Jets, Bears, Giants, and Texans all looking for QB's. The Browns, Bears, and Jets could all probably trade down to the middle of the first and take their QB's there.

If the Chiefs have a QB they like, and he's still there around the 20's, I'd be really scared of the Giants (@23) and the Texans (@25) taking him. Hell, you'd have to worry about teams trying to jump the Giants and Texans too. I don't think it's wise to sit there and wait on a potential franchise QB to fall to you, you gotta make a move to get him.
They may all be looking, but not in the first, I don't think.

The Browns, Bears, and Jets, maybe.

The Texans aren't spending a first on a QB, nor will the Giants.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 12:17 PM 02-09-2017

Bob McNair said they need to get more production out of the QB position next year and that they'll be looking at QB's in the draft.

Eli is 36 years old, if a QB the Giants like falls into their lap they'd be fools not to take him, IMO.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:33 PM 02-09-2017
They may all be looking, but not in the first, I don't think.

The Browns, Bears, and Jets, maybe.

There's no way Houston stands pat with Brock Osweiler and Tom Savage IMO. I think they'll definitely be players for a 1st round QB.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:13 PM 02-09-2017
I fully expect NYG and HOU to look at QB. Whether they feel Round 1 is a value or not, can't be sure at this juncture.
[Reply]
kcchiefsus 09:18 PM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
There's no way Houston stands pat with Brock Osweiler and Tom Savage IMO. I think they'll definitely be players for a 1st round QB.
I don't know, the Chiefs can't be the only franchise run by retards, can they? We've consistently had no succession plan at QB. Surely other franchises would do the same idiotic crap the Chiefs do, wouldn't they?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:01 AM 02-15-2017

27. DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame

Andy Reid selected Kevin Kolb with his initial draft choice back in 2007. Donovan McNabb was entrenched as his starter, but he was about to turn 31, and Reid was thinking of the future. Perhaps Reid will make a similar decision at this juncture, as Alex Smith is a few months away from 33. Smith performed poorly this past season, so the Chiefs need to get better at quarterback anyway. Plus, DeShone Kizer seems like great value at this spot. Kizer has fallen in this mock draft update, but I think this is the right range for him.

59. Montravius Adams, DE/DT, Auburn

Andy Reid loves bolstering the trenches, and I imagine he'll do so after seeing his defense get gashed against the run all year.

91. Jordan Willis, DE/OLB, Kansas State

The Chiefs have Justin Houston, Tamba Hali and Dee Ford, but Hali won't be around much longer, while Ford is entering his contract year. Ford could command more money on the open market than the Chiefs are willing to pay him, and if so, this new edge rusher will come in handy.

122. Duke Riley, LB, LSU

Derrick Johnson is a 34-year-old coming off a torn Achilles that he suffered in December. It's highly unlikely that he'll be ready for the 2017 campaign, so the Chiefs need to find a new inside linebacker to play next to Ramik Wilson.
[Reply]
milkman 10:58 AM 02-15-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:

27. DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame

Andy Reid selected Kevin Kolb with his initial draft choice back in 2007. Donovan McNabb was entrenched as his starter, but he was about to turn 31, and Reid was thinking of the future. Perhaps Reid will make a similar decision at this juncture, as Alex Smith is a few months away from 33. Smith performed poorly this past season, so the Chiefs need to get better at quarterback anyway. Plus, DeShone Kizer seems like great value at this spot. Kizer has fallen in this mock draft update, but I think this is the right range for him.

59. Montravius Adams, DE/DT, Auburn
Andy Reid loves bolstering the trenches, and I imagine he'll do so after seeing his defense get gashed against the run all year.

91. Jordan Willis, DE/OLB, Kansas State

The Chiefs have Justin Houston, Tamba Hali and Dee Ford, but Hali won't be around much longer, while Ford is entering his contract year. Ford could command more money on the open market than the Chiefs are willing to pay him, and if so, this new edge rusher will come in handy.

122. Duke Riley, LB, LSU

Derrick Johnson is a 34-year-old coming off a torn Achilles that he suffered in December. It's highly unlikely that he'll be ready for the 2017 campaign, so the Chiefs need to find a new inside linebacker to play next to Ramik Wilson.
Can someone please e-mail this dipshit to tell him that Andy Reid isn't making the selections?
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 11:11 AM 02-15-2017
PFF's most recent mock...

Originally Posted by :
27. Kansas City Chiefs

Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan

No team plays as much man coverage as the Chiefs, and Lewis has the movement skills to mirror the best route-runners. He can get outmuscled by bigger receivers, but quarterbacks have a passer rating of only 45.8 when throwing his way over the last three years, and he brings the versatility to line up either outside or in the slot. Especially in a division with sharp route runners like Amari Cooper, Emmanuel Sanders, and Keenan Allen, Lewis can be an asset to complement CB Marcus Peters on the other side.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro...m_campaign=nfl
[Reply]
Sfeihc 09:32 AM 02-16-2017

Not sure if Lewis fits as a starting CB on the outside in Sutton's D. Agree with the Senior Bowl assessment that Lewis will excel as a nickel CB covering inside receivers. Don't think that that is worth their #1 when Nelson was solid in that role last season.
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:35 AM 02-16-2017

Man, Kizer and Cunningham are still available in that scenario. I would hate that.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 23
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up