ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 237
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2016/2017 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:22 PM 04-07-2016
Now with 800% more crapshoot!

Roster:

Spoiler!

SCHEDULE

Spoiler!

Notable dates:

Late Night in the Phog
Oct 1 6:30 PM
Allen Fieldhouse
Students enter at 4:30PM, general public at 5:00 PM

Champions Classic:
Nov 15, 2016 - Madison Square Garden. KU vs. Duke

CBE Hall of Fame Classic:
semis & finals at Sprint Center in KC.
Nov 21 - 22 (early games date & time ).

Armed Forces Classic
Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickham, Hawai`i: Nov. 11 (ESPN)
Indiana vs. Kansas
Arizona vs. Michigan State

BIG 12/SEC CHALLENGE
Kansas vs. Kentucky
Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
Jan 28, 2017

Let's go get Lucky 13. And a damn National Championship.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 11:52 PM 04-11-2016
MSU and Zona fans are, of course, spewing salty shit at Jackson and his mom on Twitter. UK fans even getting in on it. Just because a kid chose to go play college ball somewhere else. Sad.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:22 AM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I sure hope Udoka pushes Lucas out. Lucas was good this year but we were desperate for anything inside. The clips of Udoka look like he could be a force in the paint.
Lucas was almost the entire reason we were good defensively. He also developed into the near equivalent of Rico Gathers from a rebounding perspective. He won't be pushed out.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:26 AM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones:
MSU and Zona fans are, of course, spewing salty shit at Jackson and his mom on Twitter. UK fans even getting in on it. Just because a kid chose to go play college ball somewhere else. Sad.
People do that?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:26 AM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Welp, we're a title contender now.
Bad news for Bail. You'll be dogging him all season now.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 12:38 AM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
People do that?
Twitter is a bad place lol
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:49 AM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones:
:-)

Some people need something to do.
[Reply]
HolyHandgernade 10:25 AM 04-12-2016
I sure hope Udoka pushes Lucas out. Lucas was good this year but we were desperate for anything inside. The clips of Udoka look like he could be a force in the paint.
Udoka is young, like Svi when he came here initially (though Svi was a litlle younger). He is very raw, closer to Cheik than Embiid. Most likely to come along slowly but will get more opportunity with fewer big men on the roster than last year.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:37 AM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade:
Udoka is young, like Svi when he came here initially (though Svi was a litlle younger). He is very raw, closer to Cheik than Embiid. Most likely to come along slowly but will get more opportunity with fewer big men on the roster than last year.
I think he'll be more of a contributor than Diallo because 1) there is more minutes available for the bigs this year and 2) he's already a big body that make space in the paint.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:48 AM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade:
Embiid was raw as hell when he started but progresses like nobody I've ever seen.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:58 AM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Bad news for Bail. You'll be dogging him all season now.
Well, he does make $5M and does have the biggest recruiting budget and the #2 most valuable program at his direction. Dude should win in March
[Reply]
Ceej 11:02 AM 04-12-2016
They say the kid plays with an attitude - which I love.

Hoping Coleby can turn into something productive. I just dont see Lightfoot producing/playing much his freshman year. Hudy needs to get a hold of him.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:28 AM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by Ceej:
They say the kid plays with an attitude - which I love.

Hoping Coleby can turn into something productive. I just dont see Lightfoot producing/playing much his freshman year. Hudy needs to get a hold of him.
Lightfoot is a four year player who grew up a KU fan. My best guess is kid will ride the bench and bang girls two at a time on Mass street for a few years, then come in as a redshirt junior a la Lucas and go from 2 min per game to 25.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:32 AM 04-12-2016
yeah, its BS that the team has to BS these moms and plan out a 4 year plan for these top one and done recruits. No one is going to turn down millions to play college BB unless they are already rich.
Thomas Robinson is finishing his degree this summer. Lots of players continued taking classes after bolting to the NBA. The fact that Bill Self sold JJ's mom on the fact that they will still look after him, help him schedule classes and stay on track to graduate after he goes to the NBA tells her that they care about him as 'more than a basketball player."

As opposed to a Calipari, whose sales pitch is "You don't care about college. Let me get you to the NBA and you're homefree."
[Reply]
RockChalk 11:39 AM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Who was it that had the good rumor mill on the players leaving? Nailed a couple before they said (like Greene) and had heard that Svi was checking out as well. Wanted to see if there was any update on the Svi rumor.
No update from my buddy. He's been in Mexico for a week though.

He was spot on with his rumor about Jackson though. So maybe Svi announces soon?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:42 AM 04-12-2016

$$$$
[Reply]
Page 5 of 237
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Up