ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 70
« First < 45678 91011121858 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Rogue One Spoiler Thread
DaneMcCloud 08:16 PM 03-06-2016
There's quite a bit of info trickling out so its probably time to start a spoiler thread. I'll update with a trailer when it's available.

Trailer #1. This looks amazing!!! Darth Vader, The Emperor, Jyn (Rey's mother?), Forrest Whitaker, Donnie Yen and Alan Tudyk.

[Reply]
unlurking 08:25 AM 05-06-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Ledger was a wildly different Joker than Romero or Nicholson, so if you're using that as the basis, he should be in your list, too.
Unless you're discounting Romero and Nicholson Joker characters as being worthy of guiding the traits of the next character version. Ledger's character was so much better than Nicholson's. Not because Ledger is the better actor, but because the character was written and developed better. Too much Tim Burton for me. Like the part was written for Johnny Depp. So unless you're making a list of actors who played a good character following actors who played a shitty character, Ledger does not make the list.

As well, Connery/Craig shouldn't make this list either. That is like expecting every Dr. Who to be the same after you've seen 10 of them. We know the actor changes. It's part of that universe. Unless you want to change the pairing to Moore / Lazenby and Connery? At that time, people probably were not yet used to the frequent recasting. I liked Moore, but he's not Connery. I don't think I want the summation to be "Ehrenreich was OK, but he's no Harrison Ford."

I think the thing is, we want Han Solo. Not a reimagining of Han Solo. Not a new interpretation.
[Reply]
007 08:59 AM 05-06-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Ledger was a wildly different Joker than Romero or Nicholson, so if you're using that as the basis, he should be in your list, too.

Agree to disagree on that particular character. When you compare to the comics and some cartoon series, he was much like those and not a huge departure.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:12 AM 05-06-2016
Originally Posted by Guru:
Agree to disagree on that particular character. When you compare to the comics and some cartoon series, he was much like those and not a huge departure.

In comparison to what we've seen on the silver screen, he was.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:23 AM 05-06-2016
Originally Posted by unlurking:

I think the thing is, we want Han Solo. Not a reimagining of Han Solo. Not a new interpretation.
If that's the Standard, I highly doubt that it will be met.

Han Solo was as much Harrison Ford as the lines written for him by Lucas and Kasdan. Harrison Ford is also the biggest movie star of all time according to box office gross. You can't just find a "clone" and roll.

I'm more than willing to wait to pass judgment on this decision, as I know it was made carefully and with a ton of input.

If he didn't blow way Kennedy, Miller, Lord and Kasdan, he wouldn't have the gig.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:58 AM 05-06-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
That's been the rumor for several weeks.

I've never see his work.
He was - literally - the only good part of hail caesar. And he was really, really good. I was hoping he would get it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:11 AM 05-06-2016
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
He was - literally - the only good part of hail caesar. And he was really, really good. I was hoping he would get it.
That's what I'd heard from other actors and producers at a Super Bowl party I attended but I've never seen him or the film.

The kid must have something, however. He was noticed by Steven Spielberg at a Bar Mitzvah and was cast in a film shortly thereafter.

Spielberg's not usually one to miss.
[Reply]
unlurking 11:22 AM 05-06-2016
If that's the Standard, I highly doubt that it will be met.

Han Solo was as much Harrison Ford as the lines written for him by Lucas and Kasdan. Harrison Ford is also the biggest movie star of all time according to box office gross. You can't just find a "clone" and roll.

I'm more than willing to wait to pass judgment on this decision, as I know it was made carefully and with a ton of input.

If he didn't blow way Kennedy, Miller, Lord and Kasdan, he wouldn't have the gig.
Pretty much agree. Will wait to see the final result, but I'm not holding out hope. Would much rather see some more Obi-Wan. Ewan McGregor did an incredible job making me believe he was a young Obi. That's what I want from a Han Solo movie. If they can't do that, I'm not interested.

There are great new characters in the Star Wars universe I'd love to see more of. No reason to try to sell us on a rehashed version of Han Solo.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:29 AM 05-06-2016
Pretty much agree. Will wait to see the final result, but I'm not holding out hope. Would much rather see some more Obi-Wan. Ewan McGregor did an incredible job making me believe he was a young Obi. That's what I want from a Han Solo movie. If they can't do that, I'm not interested.

There are great new characters in the Star Wars universe I'd love to see more of. No reason to try to sell us on a rehashed version of Han Solo.
Yeah, I don't get the Obi Wan thing. As I had mentioned in the past, I heard in 2012 that he was definitely getting his own trilogy and that McGregor was all in . Recently, he's stated that he's still all in but hasn't heard from Disney.

I'm not sure if it's because they're busy launching other projects, like Rogue One, Boba Fett and Han Solo, but I would think that at some point, an Obi Wan movie, if not trilogy, would be on the slate.
[Reply]
unlurking 11:46 AM 05-06-2016
Yeah, I don't get the Obi Wan thing. As I had mentioned in the past, I heard in 2012 that he was definitely getting his own trilogy and that McGregor was all in . Recently, he's stated that he's still all in but hasn't heard from Disney.

I'm not sure if it's because they're busy launching other projects, like Rogue One, Boba Fett and Han Solo, but I would think that at some point, an Obi Wan movie, if not trilogy, would be on the slate.
Would love this. Many of the storylines during TCW were fantastic. Would love to see a live action story arc from this time period. Would also like to see some Kanaan and Hera stories. Now Boba Fett I would love to see reimagined. Would be great to see a movie with his crew (including Ventress). Could even throw in an Obi-Wan appearance. Or maybe some Hando?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:52 AM 05-06-2016
Would love this. Many of the storylines during TCW were fantastic. Would love to see a live action story arc from this time period. Would also like to see some Kanaan and Hera stories. Now Boba Fett I would love to see reimagined. Would be great to see a movie with his crew (including Ventress). Could even throw in an Obi-Wan appearance. Or maybe some Hando?
Well, the thing is that there is a treasure trove of adventurous possibilities for Obi Wan between ROTS and ANH.

Owen Lars said in ANH, "I don't think he exists any more. He died about the same time as your father." So from his "point of view", the last time he saw Obi Wan was when he dropped off Luke as an infant.

We're led to believe that Obi Wan was there to protect and oversee Luke but that doesn't mean that he spent every minute of the next 19 years on Tatooine. Anakin/Darth Vader obviously has no idea that his son is hidden on Tatooine or that his daughter is hidden on Alderaan, so it really opens a window into all kinds of possibilities.

Plus, the way it's portrayed in Rebels, Yoda has a connection through the Force with Force users like Ahsoka, Kanan and Ezra, and he definitely is aware of Luke, so it really begs the question of why did Obi Wan need to spend 19 years on Tatooine?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:40 AM 05-17-2016

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:40 AM 05-17-2016
Jyn Erso (Felicity Jones)

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:41 AM 05-17-2016
Director Krennic (Ben Mendelsohn)

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:42 AM 05-17-2016
Captain Cassian Andor (Diego Luna)

[Reply]