ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 70
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Rogue One Spoiler Thread
DaneMcCloud 08:16 PM 03-06-2016
There's quite a bit of info trickling out so its probably time to start a spoiler thread. I'll update with a trailer when it's available.

Trailer #1. This looks amazing!!! Darth Vader, The Emperor, Jyn (Rey's mother?), Forrest Whitaker, Donnie Yen and Alan Tudyk.

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:10 PM 05-05-2016
Ho-

lee-

shite.

WOW.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:19 PM 05-05-2016
looks good
[Reply]
DanBecky 08:47 PM 05-05-2016

Alden Ehrenreich has landed the role of Han Solo, may appear in Rogue One. pic.twitter.com/Xay5lcFDdu

— Ross Dillon! (@HypnoRoss) May 6, 2016

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:49 PM 05-05-2016
That's been the rumor for several weeks.

I've never see his work.
[Reply]
007 08:50 PM 05-05-2016
Originally Posted by DanBecky:

blew it with the jawline
[Reply]
Sorter 08:51 PM 05-05-2016
Originally Posted by DanBecky:

Han's jaw:

Alden's jaw:

[Reply]
Sorter 08:52 PM 05-05-2016
Originally Posted by Guru:
blew it with the jawline
God fucking dammit.

:-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:55 PM 05-05-2016
blew it with the jawline
Here is the deal: Unlike Warner's casting Brandon Routh because he "looked like" Christopher Reeve, Disney, Kathleen Kennedy, Phil Lord and Chris Miller wanted the best ACTOR.

River Phoenix looked nothing like a young Harrison Ford in "The Last Crudade" but everyone bought it because he was awesome.

Choosing the best actor is always the best strategy.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:58 PM 05-05-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Here is the deal: Unlike Warner's casting Brandon Routh because he "looked like" Christopher Reeve, Disney, Kathleen Kennedy, Phil Lord and Chris Miller wanted the best ACTOR.

River Phoenix looked nothing like a young Harrison Ford in "The Last Crudade" but everyone bought it because he was awesome.

Chris Pine doesnt much look like Shatner.

But he nails his attitude, tone and charisma.

Your right, its not always about nailing the exact look.
[Reply]
Sorter 08:58 PM 05-05-2016

I understand.

But if there isn't an actor on the planet that has talent and resembles Harrison Ford, then maybe it's the universe telling you to not fucking include that character until you can find someone to do him justice.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:08 PM 05-05-2016
Originally Posted by Sorter:
I understand.

But if there isn't an actor on the planet that has talent and resembles Harrison Ford, then maybe it's the universe telling you to not fucking include that character until you can find someone to do him justice.
My heart of hearts says that I couldn't agree more.

But the Star Wars fan in me has hope. Ewan McGregor was, IMO, amazing.

If this guy is even 60% as good, it'll be fun.

But sheesh, talk about one of the toughest gigs in the world.
[Reply]
007 05:21 AM 05-06-2016

River Phoenix had the jawline and was able to sell the indy mannerisms.

Its not that I don't agree with you, acting ability is more important than looks but the guy doesn't even look one bit like Harrison other than hair color. I just can't believe they couldn't get a little bit closer.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:21 AM 05-06-2016
You guys understand Han Solo isn't a real person? He's a character. Actors play characters.

Daniel Craig doesn't look anything like Sean Connery, and he did pretty OK with Bond.

Heath Ledger didn't look anything like Cesar Romero and did a pretty good job with The Joker.

Aaron Eckhart doesn't look even remotely close to Billy Dee Williams and did just fine as Harvey Dent.

Don Cheadle doesn't look like Terrence Howard, but he is fully capable as Rhodes.

George Clooney doesn't look a thing like Michael Keaton, but as Batman he... well, OK, bad example.
[Reply]
007 08:01 AM 05-06-2016
Daniel Craig is the only one I'll give you from that list. The rest were all plug and play. Craig was a complete departure that worked surprisingly well.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:03 AM 05-06-2016
Daniel Craig is the only one I'll give you from that list. The rest were all plug and play. Craig was a complete departure that worked surprisingly well.
Ledger was a wildly different Joker than Romero or Nicholson, so if you're using that as the basis, he should be in your list, too.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 70
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Up