ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 70
« First < 18586465666768 6970 >
Media Center>Star Wars Rogue One Spoiler Thread
DaneMcCloud 08:16 PM 03-06-2016
There's quite a bit of info trickling out so its probably time to start a spoiler thread. I'll update with a trailer when it's available.

Trailer #1. This looks amazing!!! Darth Vader, The Emperor, Jyn (Rey's mother?), Forrest Whitaker, Donnie Yen and Alan Tudyk.

[Reply]
kcfanXIII 12:10 AM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Finally got a chance to sit down and watch this. Damn good movie.
Yes, it is brilliant. K2SO is the best droid in the entire series, and Captain Cassian Andor is a cold blooded MFer. It's an interesting look at the POV of the Rebellion's early days. They really did a great job tying this film in.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 12:45 AM 05-23-2017
When K2SO went down the movie was over as far as I was concerned.
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 01:12 AM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
Other than that 5 minutes at the end with Vader...

Still, I see your point. Kind of odd that a clanker invoked an emotional attachment.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:32 AM 05-23-2017
Oh I will say that I really, really did not like the animated Leia or what's his name. The uncanny valley was not crossed. It did not look right. It was probably about as well done as current tech allows but it just didn't cut it. I would have rather that they cast a different actor as what's his name and just never showed Leia's face. Just use an out of focus shot of her creating the message inside of R2 in the back ground and maybe a shot of her from behind with Vader facing the camera. That's my only complaint about the movie at all. It was still a great movie, and still probably the best Star Wars movie that has been released.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:38 PM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Oh I will say that I really, really did not like the animated Leia or what's his name. The uncanny valley was not crossed. It did not look right. It was probably about as well done as current tech allows but it just didn't cut it. I would have rather that they cast a different actor as what's his name and just never showed Leia's face. Just use an out of focus shot of her creating the message inside of R2 in the back ground and maybe a shot of her from behind with Vader facing the camera. That's my only complaint about the movie at all. It was still a great movie, and still probably the best Star Wars movie that has been released.
Conversely, after watching the film more than a dozen times to date, I have no problems with Tarkin or Leia.

The weak link of the film, IMO, continues to be the score. I just haven't warmed up to it yet and probably never will.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 01:29 PM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Conversely, after watching the film more than a dozen times to date, I have no problems with Tarkin or Leia.

The weak link of the film, IMO, continues to be the score. I just haven't warmed up to it yet and probably never will.
I thought Tarkin was brillant, I still think Leia is not as good as it could have been, but it is a very minor quibble is what is a fantastic movie.

The score has grown on me. I like it a lot in the context of Rogue One, but I do not see its elements transferring well to other Star Wars movies, despite there being no doubt of its inspiration from the John Williams score. Like the film itself, the score is uniquely fitted to its particularly part of Star Wars lore.

All in all Rogue One was a excellent piece of film making. Hopefully the other stand alone movies will be equally as good---- in their own way, of course.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 02:13 PM 05-23-2017
Watched this last night with little to no expectations. Completely blown away.

Extra props as to how the cameos were kept as cameos so the main story arc characters didn't take away from the rebellion story or their characters.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:41 PM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

I just didn't like how it looked. When Tarkin made certain facial expressions and when Leia moved her head in certain ways it was just suddenly way off. It looked like a video game and just threw me off for a sec. Still a great movie and I haven't enjoyed a Star Wars movie this much since I was a kid. I was OK with TFA because it felt more like a Star Wars movie but I thought the next one they released had to blow it out of the water. It did. This one delivered. I probably don't notice the music in movies anywhere near as much as you would.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:44 PM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
His whole character arc was just one great chunk in a fantastic movie. Really well done.
[Reply]
unlurking 07:42 PM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I just didn't like how it looked. When Tarkin made certain facial expressions and when Leia moved her head in certain ways it was just suddenly way off. It looked like a video game and just threw me off for a sec. Still a great movie and I haven't enjoyed a Star Wars movie this much since I was a kid. I was OK with TFA because it felt more like a Star Wars movie but I thought the next one they released had to blow it out of the water. It did. This one delivered. I probably don't notice the music in movies anywhere near as much as you would.
Totally agree. The effects were horribly jarring. Rest of the movie was great though.
[Reply]
Amnorix 06:51 PM 06-11-2017
Cute girl completely loses her mind over the ending of Rogue One.

I was amused, so whatever.

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:00 PM 06-11-2017
Sweet jeebus...
[Reply]
Frazod 07:12 PM 06-11-2017
Originally Posted by Amnorix:

That was awesome.

The only thing I wondered about was if she was that into it, why didn't she see it in the theater?
[Reply]
007 07:14 PM 06-11-2017
Originally Posted by Amnorix:

That can't be real.
[Reply]
Amnorix 07:23 PM 06-11-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
That was awesome.

The only thing I wondered about was if she was that into it, why didn't she see it in the theater?
As explained at the link below (which doesn't have the inset of the movie so it isn't as good IMHO), she is a Mormon and was away on her missionary thing which they do for six months or a year or whatever.

And maybe she is acting, but if she is, she's a helluva actress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_mwkCJwsm8&t=93s

Originally Posted by :
Published on Jun 3, 2017
This week my friend Brinley returned from her LDS mission. She is a HUGE Star Wars fan! But due to the timing of her mission call she missed seeing both Episode 7 and Rogue One. (Mormon missionaries are not allowed to watch television or movies while on their missions.)

Last night a few of us got together and decided to watch them with her.

Being the devoted fan that she is, Brinley was engaged in every minute of both films; laughing, crying, and cheering right on cue.

This is her genuine reaction to the iconic scene involving Darth Vader at the end of Rogue One.

Enjoy! ����

[Reply]
Page 68 of 70
« First < 18586465666768 6970 >
Up