ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 81 of 341
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591131181 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
srvy 09:36 PM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
I've been telling my wife we need to get her the 9mm at that price. $215 after rebate.

I've carried the 9mm for a couple years now. Shot a 100% with it last month at qualifications.
Hard to beat that price even I hate rebates so much but damn crazy good prices.
[Reply]
Dunit35 09:38 PM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by srvy:
Hard to beat that price even I hate rebates so much but damn crazy good prices.
I hate mail in rebates. Should be instant.
[Reply]
srvy 09:49 PM 05-31-2017
I hate mail in rebates. Should be instant.
Yep
[Reply]
Dunit35 07:58 AM 06-01-2017
PSA got me falling in love with them.

Bought their 36" soft single gun case for $48 with shipping. I need a new one for my tavor.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:20 AM 06-01-2017
PSA got me falling in love with them.

Bought their 36" soft single gun case for $48 with shipping. I need a new one for my tavor.
Yeah, I was just looking at that. Let me know what you think of it when you get it. Might pick one up.
[Reply]
Dunit35 08:59 AM 06-01-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, I was just looking at that. Let me know what you think of it when you get it. Might pick one up.
Will do. There's a grainy video review on YouTube of it. The video and the comments speak highly of it.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 11:43 AM 06-01-2017
I have trained with 1911s enough that I probably would be okay with it, but I've never been in that oh shit! situation.

My regular carry gun is a CZ with a decocker. Personally I think that's the best of both worlds.

Indeed. All my Sigs have the decocker and I love it. Wouldn't have it any other way. I have to admit, when I got back from Viet Nam and changed my MOS to 97B - then headed to Europe for the next 12 years, I was a little "concerned" about carrying a .45 "Cocked and locked". I got over it soon enough, though.

Then we switched to Sigs (9mm) and I fell in love with them.
[Reply]
Dunit35 02:05 PM 06-07-2017
I bought an OPMOD Eotech EXPS 2 on opticsplanet. It's an exclusive for Opticsplanet and Eotech. $387 after 10% off.

I'm leaning towards sending it back when it gets here. The thermal drift issue is scaring me, as it will be in my patrol car daily.

I'm thinking about buying either the Trijicon MRO or meprolight RDS Pro. Both have the larger field of view like the Eotech. The Trijicon MRO is lighter at 4 oz without a mount, compared to 10.6oz with QD mount for the Mepro.

Leaning towards the Mepro due to it having a larger field of view than the MRO. Anybody use either of them?
[Reply]
Frazod 02:28 PM 06-07-2017
I bought an OPMOD Eotech EXPS 2 on opticsplanet. It's an exclusive for Opticsplanet and Eotech. $387 after 10% off.

I'm leaning towards sending it back when it gets here. The thermal drift issue is scaring me, as it will be in my patrol car daily.

I'm thinking about buying either the Trijicon MRO or meprolight RDS Pro. Both have the larger field of view like the Eotech. The Trijicon MRO is lighter at 4 oz without a mount, compared to 10.6oz with QD mount for the Mepro.

Leaning towards the Mepro due to it having a larger field of view than the MRO. Anybody use either of them?
I have an MRO mounted on my 16" AR. It is wonderful and I recommend it highly. I have no experience with or knowledge of the Meprolight.

I've got my old EOTech 512 mounted on my M1A. It's solid enough that I have no justification for upgrading to an MRO or anything else.
[Reply]
Dunit35 02:32 PM 06-07-2017
I have an MRO mounted on my 16" AR. It is wonderful and I recommend it highly. I have no experience with or knowledge of the Meprolight.

I've got my old EOTech 512 mounted on my M1A. It's solid enough that I have no justification for upgrading to an MRO or anything else.
I thought you had the MRO but couldn't remember.

In my position, would you be concerned with this Eotech?

I want to keep it but that thermal drift issue concerns me. Eotechs website does say any site made after Oct 2016 has been corrected to less thermal drift than their old sights. I think the one I ordered is probably older.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:40 PM 06-07-2017
I thought you had the MRO but couldn't remember.

In my position, would you be concerned with this Eotech?

I want to keep it but that thermal drift issue concerns me. Eotechs website does say any site made after Oct 2016 has been corrected to less thermal drift than their old sights. I think the one I ordered is probably older.
I've had that old EOTech for several years and have never had any drift issues with it. Of course, it mostly sits deactivated in a dark safe. I can't speak to what would happen to it with the sort of regular use you're talking about.

But between the two, I'd go with the MRO. Trijicon is the shit.
[Reply]
Dunit35 03:04 PM 06-07-2017
I've had that old EOTech for several years and have never had any drift issues with it. Of course, it mostly sits deactivated in a dark safe. I can't speak to what would happen to it with the sort of regular use you're talking about.

But between the two, I'd go with the MRO. Trijicon is the shit.
I know the MRO has a 25mm tube on one side of it. Does it still feel like you're looking through a tube?

I've been reading that the Mepro is Israeli and fits the Tavor perfect as far as cowitness. Both are Israeli and have been throughly tested by their armed forces.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:19 PM 06-07-2017
I know the MRO has a 25mm tube on one side of it. Does it still feel like you're looking through a tube?

I've been reading that the Mepro is Israeli and fits the Tavor perfect as far as cowitness. Both are Israeli and have been throughly tested by their armed forces.
Not really. No more than the EOTech, and the dot is much crisper.

As far as the Israeli-on-Israeli bit, though, there may obviously be some merit to that.
[Reply]
srvy 06:29 PM 06-07-2017
I got the message that my .45 Shield was delivered to my FFL . Will be taking a half day tomorrow to pick it up. If all goes well wife wont want do anything after her work and I can go to the range and heat it up a bit.
[Reply]
Pennywise 07:56 AM 06-08-2017
Yikes.

[Reply]
Page 81 of 341
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591131181 > Last »
Up