ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>Twin Peaks to Return on Showtime
Miles 11:40 PM 10-06-2014
http://www.avclub.com/article/showti...on-2016-210127

Great and pretty unexpected news that this is actually happening.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 01:30 PM 10-09-2014
Sherilynn fenn.....
[Reply]
Miles 10-10-2014, 11:01 PM
This message has been deleted by Miles.
Miles 11:02 PM 10-10-2014
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
That film felt to me like whatever the opposite of closure is, raising more new questions than answering old ones.
I guess it was closure in the sense of what happened with the murder which was only superficial as far as the questions on the show go. Agreed that is was completely the opposite as far as everything else. It has been about 10 years since I last watched it all and have been meaning to for a while. This announcement easily pushes it up my queue.
[Reply]
Molitoth 09:45 AM 11-14-2014
I've been watching this on Netflix, Kyle McLaughlin is awesome in this show.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:35 AM 11-14-2014
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I've been watching this on Netflix, Kyle McLaughlin is awesome in this show.
Is that the guy from Blue Velvet?

By the way, Blue Velvet is a pretty good movie. Dennis Hopper = epic in that movie.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:44 PM 11-14-2014
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Is that the guy from Blue Velvet?

By the way, Blue Velvet is a pretty good movie. Dennis Hopper = epic in that movie.
Yes and yes, both TP and BV directed by David Lynch [as if Dune which KM starred in as well].

Kyle's been in a lot of stinkers too. Quirks of a working actor. When you can say your role in Showgirls isn't even on the bottom half of your resume, yeesh!!

He's playing a hilarious part on The Good Wife right now.

He's also HILARIOUS as the mayor of Portlandia.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:48 PM 11-14-2014
I've never seen "Twin Peaks" but now that it's on Netflix, I may give it a shot. Ironically, one of the first people I befriended immediately after moving to L.A. played Leo Johnson.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:02 PM 11-14-2014
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I've never seen "Twin Peaks" but now that it's on Netflix, I may give it a shot.
I only wish you had the opportunity to see the pilot with zero expectations, and no knowledge of television that happened in its wake.

It holds up quality-wise, but I don't know that its revolutionary nature can ever be recreated.

However, I am also kind of curious how it would be judged by someone who can watch it AS a precursor of what's to come, kind of like people today who independently come to appreciate the genius of Citizen Kane given ITS time and place.

That said, I don't want to over-hype it. The best advice I can give is sit down and watch the pilot trying your best to be a late 80s network TV viewer vaguely aware of David Lynch and not much else.

Ironically, one of the first people I befriended immediately after moving to L.A. played Leo Johnson.
BTW. Did you also meet?

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:12 PM 11-14-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
BTW. Did you also meet?
Yes, I've met him, too. We didn't spend much time chatting because we were in the bar area of a sushi restaurant waiting for a table and he was clearly with his buddies.

I thought it was cool that Tarantino named Pitt's character after Eric's dad.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 08:18 PM 11-14-2014
I've never seen "Twin Peaks" but now that it's on Netflix, I may give it a shot. Ironically, one of the first people I befriended immediately after moving to L.A. played Leo Johnson.
gotta stick with it, the first few episodes are really dated and are a hard pill to swallow but once it gets going there's no turning back :-). Most shows or movies these days just go for straight up horror or mystery thriller -- no one else on the big or little screen walks that fine line of comedy/absurdness with absolute creepiness like Lynch does it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:23 PM 11-14-2014
Meant to add, I'd put it on the spectrum of the pilots of Hill Street Blues, ER and Lost as markers in the evolution of network TV.
[Reply]
lcarus 08:40 PM 11-14-2014
Yes, I've met him, too. We didn't spend much time chatting because we were in the bar area of a sushi restaurant waiting for a table and he was clearly with his buddies.

I thought it was cool that Tarantino named Pitt's character after Eric's dad.
I made a trophy for Brad Pitt a while back. This old WWII vet comes in and orders these big eagle trophies for people. I guess he did a behind-the-scenes thingy for Pitt's new movie, Fury.
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:52 PM 08-20-2016
so riddle me this batman,

the series takes place in real time, 25 years later.

if laura palmer is dead, her look alike cousin is dead,

then how the fuck can sheryl lee be in this cast?

there was a scene leaked even, where laura was at the front of her old house.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:59 PM 08-20-2016
Did you ever catch at least the pilot?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:18 PM 08-20-2016
Might have been the strangest show to ever air on network tv.

Incredible it made the air in 1990 when tv tv was still fairly safe and conservative.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:25 AM 08-22-2016

[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up