ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 21
« First < 91516171819 2021 >
Media Center>Netflix: House of Cards
Deberg_1990 10:49 AM 01-31-2013
Premieres tomorrow. All 13 episodes drop at once.

Heres an interesting nugget from a Forbes column:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dorothyp...s-this-friday/

But BTIG analyst Richard Greenfield thinks that if House Of Cards is a success, Netflix could also start demanding a fee from the broadband suppliers that plug their fat pipes into our homes and let us stream House Of Cards in the first place.

You can read Greenfield’s full report here (subscription required) but his basic idea is that the cable companies are taking about $40 bucks a month from you for your Internet service and not sharing any of that with the content side because for the most part, they are paying networks like AMC and Discovery a per subscriber fee on the cable side.

If Netflix’s exclusive programming takes off and viewers demand it, Netflix could be in a position to start taking a per subscriber fee from the cable guys on the Internet side. It’s not a completely unprecedented idea. According to Greenfield, ESPN gets a per sub fee for ESPN 3 from broadband.

It would be a bold move on Hastings’ part and one that he’s not yet in a position to make. But if shows like House Of Cards help Netflix become the next HBO, the service could be looking at a whole new stream of revenue.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:09 AM 03-20-2016
Finished up season 4 and have likely lost all interest in any remaining seasons. I thought the writing was laughably bad. It also appeared to me that a few scenes were filmed at separate times. Like a couple of conversations with Frank and Claire where they didn't appear to be on set at the same time when the scene was filmed. This season was like Madam Secretary meets Knots Landing to me.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:09 PM 05-24-2017
Sorry if there's another thread and I missed it - but I have a feeling Season Five is going to be the best yet. The trailer is awesome, and the cast has made claims that it's the best work they've done.

If you've watched the trailer...

Interesting that Frank loses his home state of South Carolina...also that the EC map in the trailer shows that Conway needs to win BOTH Ohio and Pennsylvania to win the Presidency.

Not that THAT was ever happening...
[Reply]
lewdog 06:10 PM 05-24-2017
I made it halfway through season 3 before giving up. The writing and story lines got way too absurd for me. I did love Spacey's acting though. Not enough to continue, however.
[Reply]
Gonzo 08:47 PM 05-29-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I made it halfway through season 3 before giving up. The writing and story lines got way too absurd for me. I did love Spacey's acting though. Not enough to continue, however.
I have to admit that they are going a bit overboard. However, I can't help but watch. Looks like season 5 will be available at 02:00 central tonight.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:33 PM 05-29-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
That's about when I crapped out as well. Zero interest now.
[Reply]
Gonzo 11:48 PM 05-30-2017
Binge watched the entire 5th season today. What the fuck is going on? It's turned into a giant clusterfuck.
[Reply]
007 01:39 AM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
That's about when I crapped out as well. Zero interest now.
Season 3 was a struggle to get through. Season 4 was more on par with 1 and 2. Looking forward to starting 5 this weekend.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:19 PM 06-02-2017
Lots of parallels on whats currently happening in politics today.

Underwoods are practically the Clintons.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 12:57 PM 06-05-2017
Just finished season 5 today. I personally loved it. Season 6 should be epic
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:03 PM 06-05-2017
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Lots of parallels on whats currently happening in politics today.

Underwoods are practically the Clintons.

Spoiler!
Frank has had a sexual interest in men since Season 1. He had a threesome with a dude in Season 2.
[Reply]
Gonzo 09:22 PM 06-05-2017
The show has really gone in a shit direction, IMO. It's like they're just trying to cater to the feminists and SJW's now since Frank was such a hardass when it came to women.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:26 PM 06-05-2017
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
The show has really gone in a shit direction, IMO. It's like they're just trying to cater to the feminists and SJW's now since Frank was such a hardass when it came to women.
:-)
[Reply]
listopencil 06:27 PM 06-06-2017
I felt like season five took forever to get where it was going and stopped in too many uninteresting places along the way.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:12 PM 06-06-2017
I got bored with it the first few episodes of Season 1.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 09:00 PM 06-06-2017
Season 3 was in the pooper.
Season 4 seemed to rescue it from the toilet.
Season 5 seems to be hollering for someone to shut off the water main and asking for a plunger asap.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 21
« First < 91516171819 2021 >
Up