ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 662
« First < 678910 111213142060110510 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:18 PM 08-28-2010
That Penn corner was comical.
[Reply]
Bwana 11:19 PM 08-28-2010
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
That Penn corner was comical.
Yeah, it was like listening to Herm try to coach a football game.
[Reply]
ArrowheadHawk 12:33 PM 08-29-2010
BJ. What a waste of talent. If he could stay motivated and have a good corner he would be unstoppable. He just fought Franki's fight. Why didn't he use leg kicks to slow that sumbitch down?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:59 PM 08-29-2010
Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk:
BJ. What a waste of talent. If he could stay motivated and have a good corner he would be unstoppable. He just fought Franki's fight. Why didn't he use leg kicks to slow that sumbitch down?
He really has seemed uninterested in these last 2 fights. I don't know if it's frustration with Frankie, or just a lull in his career.
[Reply]
ArrowheadHawk 07:58 PM 08-29-2010
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
He really has seemed uninterested in these last 2 fights. I don't know if it's frustration with Frankie, or just a lull in his career.
I guess we will watch him work his way back up the ladder.
[Reply]
ArrowheadHawk 07:58 PM 08-29-2010
Also I think Grey is going to destroy Frankie.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 08:26 PM 08-29-2010
Styles make fights. Frankie just fights a style that gives BJ problems. It has nothing to do with BJ's corner or his camp. Some guys just give certain guys problems. BJ also hasn't improved in a long time while the people around him at 155 have, and are evolving. At one point BJ was good enough to win on talent alone. That's not the case anymore.
[Reply]
ArrowheadHawk 10:04 PM 08-29-2010
Originally Posted by TheGuardian:
Styles make fights. Frankie just fights a style that gives BJ problems. It has nothing to do with BJ's corner or his camp. Some guys just give certain guys problems. BJ also hasn't improved in a long time while the people around him at 155 have, and are evolving. At one point BJ was good enough to win on talent alone. That's not the case anymore.
Its just hard to imagine that was same guy that dismantled Sherk and Diego.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:08 PM 08-29-2010
Edgar is just too quick. He doesn't get tired, he just keeps going, his motor is unreal.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:29 PM 08-29-2010
Originally Posted by Bwana:
You're so much stronger than this guy. lol
[Reply]
TheGuardian 09:47 AM 08-30-2010
Its just hard to imagine that was same guy that dismantled Sherk and Diego.
Guys have ups and downs in their careers. But in MMA if you don't get better and evolve fast guys that are up and coming will eat you up. Who saw Sonnen winning 8-10 rounds for 4.5 rounds over Anderson Silva? Styles make fights. I also think that BJ hasn't improved much while everyone around him has improved by leaps and bounds. He's not top dog anymore, in any weight class. He looks like just another guy now. I think it's possible we see Matt Hughes and Penn fight soon (BJ moving back to 170). That would be very telling right now I think.
[Reply]
Bane 09:49 AM 08-30-2010
Originally Posted by Bwana:

I missed it.It was that bad?
:-)
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:51 AM 08-30-2010
In BJ's defense leg kicks against an awesome wrestler are not usually a great idea, it's a takedown waiting to happen. BJ was not active from his back or agressive in his stand up. You really can't have a lot of success counter punching someone who is so much faster than you are.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:57 AM 08-30-2010
Plus the fact that BJ looked as if he hadn't even broken a sweat prior to the opening bell was telling for me. He looked stoic, while Edgar looked like a greyhound taking a dump walking into the gate.
[Reply]
ArrowheadHawk 04:43 PM 08-31-2010
Guys have ups and downs in their careers. But in MMA if you don't get better and evolve fast guys that are up and coming will eat you up. Who saw Sonnen winning 8-10 rounds for 4.5 rounds over Anderson Silva? Styles make fights. I also think that BJ hasn't improved much while everyone around him has improved by leaps and bounds. He's not top dog anymore, in any weight class. He looks like just another guy now. I think it's possible we see Matt Hughes and Penn fight soon (BJ moving back to 170). That would be very telling right now I think.
Hughes looked badass in his last fight.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 662
« First < 678910 111213142060110510 > Last »
Up