ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 382
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Toadkiller 09:16 AM 06-01-2010
Twilight by Deschutes, summer in a bottle. Really enjoyed the 6 pack I had this weekend.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/63/17984/?ba=bros
[Reply]
The Poz 09:23 AM 06-01-2010
Originally Posted by NewPhin:
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout
Dark stouts usually have hints of cocoa to them already, so the trick with chocolate beers is subtlety. Brooklyn nails it: Not too sweet, not too bitter, but chocolatey enough to make it special.
Tried Brooklyn Lager the other night and thought it was very good. Looking forward to trying the stout.
If you want something that gives you a kick in the pants try Maudite or La Fin du Monde.
http://www.unibroue.com/en/home/
Their Blanche de Chambly is the best white beer I've ever tried.
[Reply]
Shag 09:25 AM 06-01-2010
Originally Posted by The Poz:
Tried Brooklyn Lager the other night and thought it was very good. Looking forward to trying the stout.
If you want something that gives you a kick in the pants try Maudite or La Fin du Monde.
http://www.unibroue.com/en/home/
Their Blanche de Chambly is the best white beer I've ever tried.
I just bought a bottle of Maudite the other day. Haven't cracked it yet, but looking forward to it...
[Reply]
NewChief 09:25 AM 06-01-2010
Originally Posted by Toadkiller:
Twilight by Deschutes, summer in a bottle. Really enjoyed the 6 pack I had this weekend.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/63/17984/?ba=bros
As I always lament when it comes up: I really wish we got Deschutes down here.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 09:25 AM 06-01-2010
Originally Posted by Phobia:
It's like they changed it or something. I still love their Abbey and 1554 offerings but I can take or leave everything else.
Ranger IPA is great.
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 09:31 AM 06-01-2010

[Reply]
The Poz 09:37 AM 06-01-2010
Originally Posted by Shag:
I just bought a bottle of Maudite the other day. Haven't cracked it yet, but looking forward to it...
If you need to be somewhat productive after keep it to 1 bottle.
[Reply]
Phobia 09:39 AM 06-01-2010
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Thank you.

As a beer hobbyist, why is there so much hate for my beloved Corona? Out here, it's a very common beer. I dont meet many that dont like it. but whenever i mention it on this forum, people act like it's awful.

I know nothing about beer. Just know what tastes good IMO. What is your opinion on Corona and why is it so disliked? Like i said, out here, to the average joe, it's a great beer.
You've fallen victim to marketing. Expand your horizons and start making up your own mind. If I tell you 2 dozen times a week that boar piss tastes delicious and post some pictures of sexy ladies next to a bottle of boar piss does that make boar piss delicious? Of course not. Ask Saulbadguy how he came from a beer hater to somebody who appreciates a quality crafted brew.
[Reply]
NewChief 09:43 AM 06-01-2010
You've fallen victim to marketing. Expand your horizons and start making up your own mind. If I tell you 2 dozen times a week that boar piss tastes delicious and post some pictures of sexy ladies next to a bottle of boar piss does that make boar piss delicious? Of course not. Ask Saulbadguy how he came from a beer hater to somebody who appreciates a quality crafted brew.
But Corona is fairly innocuous. It doesn't taste bad... it doesn't really taste like much at all. I think that's one of the interesting things about the anti-Corona fervor. Something so mild and inoffensive creates such passionate hatred.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 09:50 AM 06-01-2010
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Thank you.

As a beer hobbyist, why is there so much hate for my beloved Corona? Out here, it's a very common beer. I dont meet many that dont like it. but whenever i mention it on this forum, people act like it's awful.

I know nothing about beer. Just know what tastes good IMO. What is your opinion on Corona and why is it so disliked? Like i said, out here, to the average joe, it's a great beer.
1. They charge "import" price for it.
2. It comes in a clear glass bottle, which skunks it.
3. It comes with a lime.
4. It's a product of superior marketing. It is clearly not much different from Bud Light, but people think it is.
[Reply]
Phobia 09:54 AM 06-01-2010
But Corona is fairly innocuous. It doesn't taste bad... it doesn't really taste like much at all. I think that's one of the interesting things about the anti-Corona fervor. Something so mild and inoffensive creates such passionate hatred.
I don't hate the stuff. I just don't buy it. For $2 extra, you can buy a sixer of something amazingly delicious.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 09:55 AM 06-01-2010
What's maddening is i've only drank 3 beers on that list. Looking over Reapers cellar/fridge, i've had maybe 4 or 5 of those.

...and i've drank alot of beer.

However, I don't go to the liquor store that often. It's too difficult to make a choice.
[Reply]
NewChief 10:01 AM 06-01-2010
I don't hate the stuff. I just don't buy it. For $2 extra, you can buy a sixer of something amazingly delicious.
I agree completely. It's overpriced and it's not a good beer. I don't call people idiots for drinking it, though.
[Reply]
Phobia 10:07 AM 06-01-2010
I agree completely. It's overpriced and it's not a good beer. I don't call people idiots for drinking it, though.
You should start immediately.
[Reply]
NewChief 10:09 AM 06-01-2010
You should start immediately.
Very well.

You Corona drinkers are idiots. :-):-):-)

I'm so infuriated that I'm currently typing this blind because I got so mad thinking about people drinking Corona that I put my fist through my monitor.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 382
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Up