ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Draft Day Tribute to Saccopoo
Direckshun 04:13 PM 04-27-2017
I just wanted to share a few words for a few minutes' worth of typing about somebody I really enjoyed for years that we no longer have anymore to entertain and education us on the Draft -- on Draft Day.

I didn't know Sacc at all outside of football discussions. I'd run across him a few times in personal life threads and in DC. But I stick to football talk mostly here, and few were as entertaining and fun to talk to and argue with as he was.

There may not have been a person he disagreed with more than me. And as anybody he disagreed with knows, there was little mystery as to how far your head was possibly shoved up your ass by the time Sacc was done with you.

I don't think he was a football whisperer or any kind of football expert, any more than any of us are. But he was truly passionate and truly outspoken and put a lot of rewarding time into his hobby that allowed the rest of us to learn about players -- typically in the Mormon belt -- that we wouldn't have been familiar with if not for this character.

The most distinctive thing about Sacc, who I believe invented mock draft threads peppered with tons of flattering pictures of his preferred draft selections on ChiefsPlanet, was his discussion style. His opinions were expressed with a kind of metaphysical certainty and balls-to-the-wall assertiveness that made his posting style magnetic.

One time I remember him shitting all over an ILB that I had posted about, only a week or two later to list that player, whom he hailed as a linebacking savior, in his own mock draft. I asked him what gives, he said I changed his mind. Which is amusing; having your mind changed is reasonable. But the breakneck 180-degree turn he performed was so aggressive and outspoken that you could hardly believe he was arguing the other side just days prior. That's of course not to say he was a hypocrite, any more than the rest of us were. He was as passionate about an opinion he had held for four days as the rest of us are about lifelong convictions.

His posts were very blue; he was as delightfully foul-mouthed and colorful in his usage of expletives as anybody on the forum. He shit on people all the time, as well, and never cared to try to procure a single ally. That kind of equal treatment for his rhetorical crosshairs almost took on a Don Rickles quality, and as a result he was widely enjoyed across the board, despite the fact that basically any of us could have been next.

His posting on personal matters was equally as jarring/entertaining. His TMI threads about his exploits were one thing, but I remember him giving what he would consider personal advice in other threads, and his opinions on life were just like his opinions on football: complete conviction, no hint of dissonance, and universal contempt for dissent. Same thing with his participation on DC, which always promised fireworks.

This guy put hours, and hours, and hours of football work into this forum over the years. He was as colorful and entertaining as anybody this board has had. And I was happy to read on his obituary that he was as loud, brash, and widely appreciated in his personal life as he was on this board.

I'd say "rest in peace," Saccopoo, a.k.a. Drew, but I know that peace would almost certainly bore the **** out of you. I hope you have a colorful afterlife in whatever form that may be for you, because you brought plenty of color to this really stupid corner of the internet.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:22 PM 04-27-2017
I think my favorite Saccopoo memory were our debates about Branden Albert. He refused to ever believe that guy was a serviceable LT in the NFL. It's one of those things where I thought he was wrong, because I had SEEN production out of Albert in this rookie year, but I had no way of proving this in argument form against a rhetorician like Sac. We went around and around in circles and came up with some of the most unique ways to call somebody stupid that the English language can possibly pose.

"I don't care how mobile that guy is, his kickstep is the worst I've ever seen from a player a team claims to be their starting LT of the future!"

The last several years he backed off me for some reason even though I continually said stupid shit. We had a brief debate about the merits of the 2014 draft when it happened (specifically Aaron Murray) but really, Sac and I were on exactly the same page. It was a lot easier to argue with people when he was on your side.
[Reply]
Direckshun 04:26 PM 04-27-2017
I remember there was talk of merging DraftPlanet into the Lounge. SNR and I were both opposed, but SNR had at least said that "I can't wait for some Lounge know-nothing gets his ass handed to him by Sacc."

Pretty clear indication of what we all thought of his posting style.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:29 PM 04-27-2017
I've never met him.....but I'm damn sure going to miss him.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:03 PM 04-27-2017
I'll always remember Sacc for his adamant argument for Okung over Berry.

Did Sacc use to go by the user name Saggysac? or was that a different guy?
[Reply]
Sfeihc 06:49 PM 04-27-2017
RIP Sacc. It's been a rough draft season here at Chiefs Planet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Bowser 08:56 PM 04-27-2017
Thank you, Direckshun
[Reply]
Bowser 08:57 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I'll always remember Sacc for his adamant argument for Okung over Berry.

Did Sacc use to go by the user name Saggysac? or was that a different guy?
Different guy. I believe Saggysack still lurks these days.
[Reply]
Up