Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Media Center>Alien: Covenant
Fish 09:34 AM 01-27-2017

[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 08:48 PM 07-05-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I was disappointed.

It looked pretty good as Prometheus did, but the crew still did some things that make no ****ing sense and I have questions:

Spoiler!

I'll say I didn't like James Franco much in this..
Spoiler!

Besides the dumb shit the crew did I actually enjoyed it. Same for Prometheus. I'm probably in the minority, though. Nowhere near as good as Alien or Aliens, but solid.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 08:56 PM 07-05-2017
Here are some interesting comments from Scott on the sequel. A little spoilery already:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:57 PM 07-05-2017
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy:
Here are some interesting comments from Scott on the sequel. A little spoilery already:

Spoiler!
I hope Scott will honor Cameron's iteration concerning the Queen xenomorph
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 10:40 PM 07-05-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I hope Scott will honor Cameron's iteration concerning the Queen xenomorph
I wouldn't have any problems with that but I really don't want to see hordes of xenomorphs like in Aliens. I never liked seeing tons of them getting killed so easily. It seemed to lessen them a little. I prefer the apex predator killing machine from Alien/Covenant.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:03 PM 07-05-2017
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy:
I wouldn't have any problems with that but I really don't want to see hordes of xenomorphs like in Aliens. I never liked seeing tons of them getting killed so easily. It seemed to lessen them a little. I prefer the apex predator killing machine from Alien/Covenant.
Not to.me, because of the firepower they had to use to kill them
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 11:34 PM 07-05-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Not to.me, because of the firepower they had to use to kill them
Well, if I'm remembering correctly, you can see a queen on the mural in Prometheus. In the room with the vases.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:48 PM 08-18-2017
Just about 45 minutes into it now, and I so decided to see whats new at Chiefsplanet

An all too familiar band of hapless idiot space explorers chomping on cigars, and otherwise being the exact opposite of what I would expect from futuristic space pioneers... amid stunning visuals

Theres too much bitching to even get into right now, no wonder it went to rental so fast
[Reply]
Frazod 10:06 PM 08-18-2017
After hearing so many bad things about this, I still can't bring myself to watch it. If the crew is dumber than the morons in Prometheus.... *shudder*

I did, however, just find Aliens on Cinemax while channel surfing, so I'm watching that absolute action masterpiece for the 1,000th time.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:28 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
After hearing so many bad things about this, I still can't bring myself to watch it. If the crew is dumber than the morons in Prometheus.... *shudder*

I did, however, just find Aliens on Cinemax while channel surfing, so I'm watching that absolute action masterpiece for the 1,000th time.
Everything that came after the two originals is basically junk

Prometheus and this one were beautiful but disposable garbage IMO... you're enjoying the better movie right now
[Reply]
Frazod 10:33 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Everything that came after the two originals is basically junk

Prometheus and this one were beautiful but disposable garbage IMO... you're enjoying the better movie right now
I never even watched the third one. It doesn't exist in my universe. Ripley and Hicks made it back to earth, adopted Newt, got a fat settlement from the company and lived happily ever after. :-)
[Reply]
New World Order 11:35 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Just about 45 minutes into it now, and I so decided to see whats new at Chiefsplanet

An all too familiar band of hapless idiot space explorers chomping on cigars, and otherwise being the exact opposite of what I would expect from futuristic space pioneers... amid stunning visuals

Theres too much bitching to even get into right now, no wonder it went to rental so fast

Damn

This was going to be one of the first 4k Blu Rays I planned on purchasing
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:02 AM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Damn

This was going to be one of the first 4k Blu Rays I planned on purchasing
Rent it before pulling the trigger on that purchase
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 06:49 AM 08-20-2017
Let me guess, they all had the special?
[Reply]