ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3480 of 3903
« First < 2480298033803430347034763477347834793480 3481348234833484349035303580 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
louie aguiar 11:32 AM 04-13-2021

6 cases out of 7 million people. What a disaster. This is going to get people killed. And it's going to create more vaccine hesitancy. These people don't understand cost-benefit analysis. They keep making mistakes by orders of magnitude. https://t.co/DQdvqoujHR

— Nate Silver (@NateSilver538) April 13, 2021

[Reply]
Stewie 11:34 AM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
Well has your appointment been cancelled? The feds are just recommending that J&J be suspended....they aren't RULING it.
Yes, it's cancelled. Now it's a free for all trying to find another option.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 11:37 AM 04-13-2021
I don't understand the move to pause the J&J shot. Is it really about just six cases or is there something else?
[Reply]
kcxiv 11:43 AM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I don't understand the move to pause the J&J shot. Is it really about just six cases or is there something else?
So, if im reading correctly, it was all women who were younger and of child bearing age. Reading that oral contraceptives have a much much higher rate in blood clots, could this be the issue and not the vaccine, or maybe the vaccine along with the oral contraceptives dont go well together?
[Reply]
jjjayb 11:57 AM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Everything has to get tested on humans at some point, I am sure you have extensively researched everything you have ever ingested.
Nope. But typically it takes years for vaccines to be approved and tested. I'll wait until they're done testing thanks.
[Reply]
In58men 11:59 AM 04-13-2021
The NFL informed clubs today any team employee who refuses a COVID-19 vaccination without “bona fide medical or religious ground” will be barred from Tier 1 or Tier 2 status, and thus have restricted access within the team facility and not work directly with players, per sources
[Reply]
R Clark 12:03 PM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
The NFL informed clubs today any team employee who refuses a COVID-19 vaccination without “bona fide medical or religious ground” will be barred from Tier 1 or Tier 2 status, and thus have restricted access within the team facility and not work directly with players, per sources
Wow I hadn’t heard this
[Reply]
In58men 12:07 PM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Wow I hadn’t heard this
It’s all over Twitter now.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:07 PM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
So, if im reading correctly, it was all women who were younger and of child bearing age. Reading that oral contraceptives have a much much higher rate in blood clots, could this be the issue and not the vaccine, or maybe the vaccine along with the oral contraceptives dont go well together?

sounds like the location of the clots and not knowing why a vaccine would trigger it is why they are looking into it

" The clots also appeared in unusual parts of the body, such as the brain and abdomen, rather than in the legs, where most deep-vein blood clots form."

But the finding leaves researchers wrestling with a medical mystery: why would a vaccine trigger such an unusual condition?

What kind of blood clots are we talking about?

The FDA says the clots are a rare and severe type that happen in the blood supply that drains the brain. It's called cerebral venous sinus thrombosis or CVST, and it is being seen in combination with low levels of blood platelets (a condition called thrombocytopenia).

The symptoms of CVST vary but they can include headache, blurred vision, fainting or loss of consciousness, loss of control over movement in part of the body, seizures.

The FDA has suggested that health care providers pause the use of the vaccine while the side effects are being studied. However, providers are not prohibited from using the vaccine if they feel the benefits to an individual patient outweigh the risks. The government is convening an expert review panel which will hold a public meeting Wednesday. Officials hope to resolve these safety questions in a matter of days.
[Reply]
R Clark 12:11 PM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
sounds like the location of the clots and not knowing why a vaccine would trigger it is why they are looking into it

" The clots also appeared in unusual parts of the body, such as the brain and abdomen, rather than in the legs, where most deep-vein blood clots form."

But the finding leaves researchers wrestling with a medical mystery: why would a vaccine trigger such an unusual condition?

What kind of blood clots are we talking about?

The FDA says the clots are a rare and severe type that happen in the blood supply that drains the brain. It's called cerebral venous sinus thrombosis or CVST, and it is being seen in combination with low levels of blood platelets (a condition called thrombocytopenia).

The symptoms of CVST vary but they can include headache, blurred vision, fainting or loss of consciousness, loss of control over movement in part of the body, seizures.

The FDA has suggested that health care providers pause the use of the vaccine while the side effects are being studied. However, providers are not prohibited from using the vaccine if they feel the benefits to an individual patient outweigh the risks. The government is convening an expert review panel which will hold a public meeting Wednesday. Officials hope to resolve these safety questions in a matter of days.
How are they going to solve this in days?
[Reply]
Monticore 12:21 PM 04-13-2021
If they figure another cause for the clots they could resume tomorrow.
[Reply]
loochy 12:30 PM 04-13-2021

Just have everyone take daily aspirin.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:37 PM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
Just have everyone take daily aspirin.
The newer technology outperforming old tech wonder if that has ever happened before.
[Reply]
Stewie 03:38 PM 04-13-2021
Thanks to HyVee I'm getting the Pfizer vaccine tomorrow. Replaces the J and J I was supposed to get tomorrow.
[Reply]
prhom 04:04 PM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Well, of course they aren’t going to say yet if there were more to be concerned about. Once anything gets out about side effects they can’t get that news back under wraps. Even now, you have to think the J&J shot is going to be a tough sell going forward if you have any choice at all.

At least here in Colorado the number of J&J shots given has only recently ramped up so if it takes two weeks or so for the effects to show up then there’s potentially a lot more people who have not yet reached the point where they would be experiencing these symptoms. I’m guessing those of us (myself included) who have gotten it so far as a larger test pool now to see what develops in terms of side effects over the next few weeks before they decide to resume using it or not. I doubt anyone will actually say that, but now that there’s a larger group of test subjects to study, why not wait and see what happens.
[Reply]
Page 3480 of 3903
« First < 2480298033803430347034763477347834793480 3481348234833484349035303580 > Last »
Up