Nzoner's Game Room>Bitcoin Take?
ChiefRocka 11:41 AM 02-15-2013
Bitcoin disrupts gold
Ethereum disrupts financial services
There will be others...

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:02 PM 12-23-2017
Originally Posted by eDave:
I waded in the other day. Lost 4% pretty quick and I could see what was coming so I bailed. Went back in early this morning but accidentally bought out of my bank account instead of my credit card. So it will take 9 days for the transaction to complete. :-)

So I tried out of of credit card and Coinbase said I hit some investment limit for the month.

I am missing out on this rebound. And I'm very irritated.
Dude, you're not cut out for this . If you want to win just buy in and turn off your laptop. Warren Buffet states impatient people transfer wealth to patient people.
[Reply]
eDave 04:09 PM 12-23-2017
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Dude, you're not cut out for this . If you want to win just buy in and turn off your laptop. Warren Buffet states impatient people transfer wealth to patient people.
I'm good. Just jumped in to learn. Then I watched the ticker all night. I figured it out and was not able to get back in. Will on Jan. 1.
[Reply]
MahiMike 04:16 PM 12-23-2017
Doesn't matter how long it takes to arrive. They will honor the price you bought at.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:17 PM 12-23-2017
Signed up to binance. Gonna send my $300 from LTC to binance using GDAX to avoid the fees.

Then I’m putting it into XVG.

Now I’ll Have XVG and the .5 ETH I bought last week that I’ll be holding for at least 2 years.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:17 PM 12-24-2017
So I've been doing all that I can to try and catch up on Cryptocurrency, but I still feel behind. If you had $5k-$10k to invest in January 2018, which currency(s) would be your best bet?
[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:47 PM 12-24-2017
I like Ripple and Litecoin. I am stupid though...so there is that.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:54 PM 12-24-2017
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
So I've been doing all that I can to try and catch up on Cryptocurrency, but I still feel behind. If you had $5k-$10k to invest in January 2018, which currency(s) would be your best bet?
I like XRP and XVG.

I do think privacy coins will grow in 2018. Research the advantages of the new coins in terms of speed, security, anonymity, team, etc.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:13 PM 12-24-2017
Verge is fucking stupid. Why is everyone so amped up about Verge? Verge is a fork of dogecoin w/ no added privacy features, but lots of false advertising about being a privacy coin. Theyve gained favor of influencers & paid for newspaper ads. Market manipulation while having no actual tech to back it up.

Better off with Monero or PIVX for a privacy coin, but I guess theres no substitute for hype.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:45 PM 12-25-2017
what forums/websites are you using to learn about cryptocurrencies?
[Reply]
MahiMike 01:38 PM 12-25-2017
Gave my kids their own Trezors today with some crypto on it. Told them to treat it like a savings bond. Stick it in their drawer and never use it.

Was gonna give them BTC but takes 9 days and $35 xfer fee. BCH and LTC took 5 minutes and was free to send.

That should tell you something about which one is more practical/functional.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:50 PM 12-25-2017
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
what forums/websites are you using to learn about cryptocurrencies?
God damnit. A guy on here runs The Bad Crypto Podcast. Listen, learn it, love it.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 02:21 PM 12-25-2017
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Gave my kids their own Trezors today with some crypto on it. Told them to treat it like a savings bond. Stick it in their drawer and never use it.

Was gonna give them BTC but takes 9 days and $35 xfer fee. BCH and LTC took 5 minutes and was free to send.

Lol wut
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 03:07 PM 12-25-2017
Originally Posted by MahiMike:

Every chain is going to have scalability issues when they reach a certain level of transaction saturation.

If you really want the closest thing to bond level security in the cryptosphere you should stick to BTC and ETH. When the next great crash hits, these networks will recover their value.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 03:07 PM 12-25-2017
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Lol wut
trezor/ledger are the two most popular ‘hardware’ wallets that store your coins offline. you can also just keep them in a software wallet on a pc or mobile device. I use exodus on my pc and printed a encrypted backup just in case.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 04:11 PM 12-25-2017
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
trezor/ledger are the two most popular ‘hardware’ wallets that store your coins offline. you can also just keep them in a software wallet on a pc or mobile device. I use exodus on my pc and printed a encrypted backup just in case.
I know what the wallet is. Where tf is he buying that takes 9 days and charges a $35 transfer fee?
[Reply]
Page 70 of 261
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480120170 > Last »
Up