ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 809 of 1207
« First < 309709759799805806807808809 810811812813819859909 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:29 PM 06-12-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Buy an extra bag just for your BBQ, beer and booze bottles. Check said bag.

Rookie.
I fly Southwest exclusively for the free check bag, that’s what’s full of bbq and Weller. I’m living out of a backpack.

Grabbed dinner with my pops at the Peanut tonight. Hooked him up with a Chicago style hotdog head cover for his driver for Father’s Day.
[Reply]
TimBone 08:40 PM 06-12-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I fly Southwest exclusively for the free check bag, that’s what’s full of bbq and Weller. I’m living out of a backpack.

Grabbed dinner with my pops at the Peanut tonight. Hooked him up with a Chicago style hotdog head cover for his driver for Father’s Day.
What do you get from the bbq store, regularly? I'm really big on the EAT brand sauces and rubs from the Pellet Envy competition dude. I bought a few different rubs to try out this time to find a new one. There was also a cherry rub I bought from them when I was in KC last summer. It was good on pork, and I ran through it pretty quickly. I went to buy it online this time around, and you d out it was an in-store purchase only. Pretty bummed about that.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:50 PM 06-12-2018

Ok, you're getting this mostly right then. Great stuff.

And I bet your dad loved that. Nice touch.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:59 PM 06-12-2018
Originally Posted by TimBone:
What do you get from the bbq store, regularly? I'm really big on the EAT brand sauces and rubs from the Pellet Envy competition dude. I bought a few different rubs to try out this time to find a new one. There was also a cherry rub I bought from them when I was in KC last summer. It was good on pork, and I ran through it pretty quickly. I went to buy it online this time around, and you d out it was an in-store purchase only. Pretty bummed about that.
My staples are Joe’s Regular and Night of the Living sauces. The Squel Hog Rub is probably my favorite consistently available rub as well, I like it on everything. Since I’m in town, I grabbed a Firebug hot grillin sauce and my buddy from work was talking up Plowboys so I grabbed their regular sauce and bovine rub.

Man, I almost pulled the trigger on some Eats. I caught a BBQ Pitmasters marathon awhile back and was impressed with that dude. I’m staying across the street from the store and it wouldn’t be a thing to grab you something and ship it. For real, let me know.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:10 PM 06-12-2018
Also, Plowboys has to be the gayest sounding business name ever. Shit better be good.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:16 AM 06-13-2018
Also, Plowboys has to be the gayest sounding business name ever. Shit better be good.
Sounds like Buehler’s operation.
[Reply]
TimBone 11:51 AM 06-13-2018
My staples are Joe’s Regular and Night of the Living sauces. The Squel Hog Rub is probably my favorite consistently available rub as well, I like it on everything. Since I’m in town, I grabbed a Firebug hot grillin sauce and my buddy from work was talking up Plowboys so I grabbed their regular sauce and bovine rub.

Man, I almost pulled the trigger on some Eats. I caught a BBQ Pitmasters marathon awhile back and was impressed with that dude. I’m staying across the street from the store and it wouldn’t be a thing to grab you something and ship it. For real, let me know.
I'm good, man. I'm stocked up for a while, and I can grab more when I hit KC during football season. I really appreciate the offer, though.

I'll check out the Squeal Hog Rub as well. Kinda hard to shop for the rubs and sauces online. Just kinda taking stabs in the dark and ordering random shit. All the Eat stuff has been great though.
[Reply]
scho63 12:48 PM 06-13-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I got KFC tonight. It's what the wife wanted. 3 chicken littles for the kid. an 8 pack of chicken with no sides, and 20 hot wings . 40 fuckin dollars!

To add the 2 large sides with 4 biscuits another $9. screw that.
I ate at a KFC back in NJ about 15 years ago for the first time in about 10 years and I got food poisoning. The chicken skin was so greasy and slid off. I should have known it was sitting around for a while growing bacteria.

I've eaten at Pollo Compero many times living in northern VA and Peruvian Chicken at Guapos. Nothing better! The Yuca fries at Guapos are legendary! Great flavor on the chicken and awesome green sauce.

http://us.campero.com/

https://www.guaposrotisserie.com/
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:59 PM 06-13-2018
I use the Yardbird and Fin & Feather. I have Bovine Bold as well, but haven't found the right pairing for the rub yet. On a outdoor grill you can't go wrong on chicken with the yardbird or f&f rubs.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:13 PM 06-13-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Sounds like Buehler’s operation.
I’m almost exclusively no-till. Plus I really like boobs. I considered naming my corporation Boobs:-), Inc but I didn’t think that would sit well with my more conservative landlords.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:33 AM 06-14-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’m almost exclusively no-till. Plus I really like boobs. I considered naming my corporation Boobs:-), Inc but I didn’t think that would sit well with my more conservative landlords.

Try ( . )( . ), Inc.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:23 PM 06-14-2018
Citrus Orange & Mint Scallops.

Fresh squeezed OJ, olive oil and fresh mint from my herb garden.

I was leery about the mint with scallops. It was really awesome tho'. Very unique, and gave a light summery flavor to these fresh Maine sea scallops. I added a touch of garlic and onion powder to recipe. I found the recipe online this afternoon looking for something different to make with scallops over the usual lemon butter garlic I use for them.

You marinate the diced tomatoes in the citrus sauce and then pour on the scallops. I broiled and basted them in the sauce. With the leftover I poured on top before serving.

Calls for putting to tomatoes and scallops over orzo, but I did it with quinoa. I wanted another veggie so I added some organic peas to the quinoa.

Served with a garden salad and dry Sauvignon Blanc wine.

Then took a bunch grainy peaches from Costco which were disappointing and I cooked them up in some stevia sweetener, leftover orange juice, some lemon juice with a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg. Served with some cream and had that with a sweet rosé wine. No pic of peaches. Simply forgot.
Attached: Orange Citrus Mint ScallopsRS.png (570.1 KB) Salad.png (418.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:08 PM 06-14-2018
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:

I was leery about the mint with scallops. It was really awesome tho'. Very unique, and gave a light summery flavor to these fresh Maine sea scallops. I added a touch of garlic and onion powder to recipe. I found the recipe online this afternoon looking for something different to make with scallops over the usual lemon butter garlic I use for them.

You marinate the diced tomatoes in the citrus sauce and then pour on the scallops. I broiled and basted them in the sauce. With the leftover I poured on top before serving.

Calls for putting to tomatoes and scallops over orzo, but I did it with quinoa. I wanted another veggie so I added some organic peas to the quinoa.

Then took a bunch grainy peaches from Costco which were disappointing and I cooked them up in some stevia sweetener, leftover orange juice, some lemon juice with a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg. Served with some cream and had that with a sweet rosé wine. No pic of peaches. Simply forgot.
That all sounds good but really want a picture of your peaches.:-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:45 PM 06-14-2018
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:

Wow!
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:21 PM 06-14-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
That all sounds good but really want a picture of your peaches.:-)
How would your wife feel about that?
[Reply]
Page 809 of 1207
« First < 309709759799805806807808809 810811812813819859909 > Last »
Up