ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 42
« First < 303637383940 4142 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Smith is the best QB on the roster right now
Titty Meat 11:46 AM 08-12-2017
If Smith goes down this year the team is fucked. He's clearly the best QB on the roster right now.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:47 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Nobody cares about Alex in the preseason anymore. He's been good in the preseason and then struggled in the regular season every year here.

Show this in the regular season and well deserved praise will be given.
Yeah right. I'm sure if Alex Smith sucked in this preseason he would still be starting... Lol..
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:47 PM 08-20-2017
Nobody cares about Alex in the preseason anymore. He's been good in the preseason and then struggled in the regular season every year here.

But. His accuracy!! Pinpointed and QBR????
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:48 PM 08-20-2017

I'm almost 100% certain that one of the benefits of the forthcoming Mahomes era, is that I may be able to actually stomach more Chiefs fans than my current quota will allow.

We'll see.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:55 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
But. His accuracy!! Pinpointed and QBR????
As a Chiefs fan you should be happy Alex Smith is doing good instead you want to make jokes. Almost like you want him to fail just so you can make fun of him on an internet message board to a bunch of strangers.

Wow....
[Reply]
rico 10:01 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
As a Chiefs fan you should be happy Alex Smith is doing good instead you want to make jokes. Almost like you want him to fail just so you can make fun of him on an internet message board to a bunch of strangers.

Wow....
So have you finally given up the whole, "I'm a Chiefs fan and not an Alexsexual" act that you failed so miserably at? All you've done since you've begun posting here is express your Alexsexuality... The act over with, squirrel tits?
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:03 PM 08-20-2017

Wow....
What I want him to do in the regular season vs what he does in the regular season is absolutely not the same thing.

5 years of preseason Alex vs regular season Alex nets the same results every year.

But this is the year according to his most loyal subjects. He's really gonna change.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:04 PM 08-20-2017
What I want him to do in the regular season vs what he does in the regular season is absolutely not the same thing.

5 years of preseason Alex vs regular season Alex nets the same results every year.

But this is the year according to his most loyal subjects. He's really gonna change.
We'll see bro. Lets just hope for the best but I understand your skepticism.
[Reply]
bigjosh 10:05 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
When Smitty wins us a super bowl this year I want all you Smitty haters to bend over and get ****ed!
the only trophy Alex Smith will ever hoist..

[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:13 PM 08-20-2017
We'll see bro. Lets just hope for the best but I understand your skepticism.
He goes 4000+/32+ and 10-15 ints and we're a legitimate threat....
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:19 PM 08-20-2017
He goes 4000+/32+ and 10-15 ints and we're a legitimate threat....
Hope you're excited for 3700 20/8 line!

Look at the aggression of 20 TD'S!!!!
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:23 PM 08-20-2017
That's pretty weak in the modern NFL.

You should easily go 250/2/1 per game. That would put you in pretty good company.

But as otwp58 used to say. 200 is the new 400 on CP when people defended Cassel...
[Reply]
gonefishin53 10:51 PM 08-20-2017
I think Mahomes has better mobility and agility than Smith. 4 months ago Mahomes put up these combine numbers: 40 yard 4.80 sec; 10 yard 1.65 sec; 20 yard shuttle 4.08 sec; 3 cone 6.88 sec. 12 years ago Smith put up these combine numbers: 40 yard 4.74 sec; 10 yard 1.67 sec; 20 yard shuttle 3.96 sec; 3 cone 6.82 sec.

After a 12 year NFL career, I don't believe Smith has more mobility and agility than Mahomes, who has yet to play a full NFL game. And it shows up when they're in uniform playing an actual game. 12 years of getting your legs hammered by NFL defenders takes it's toll.

Knowing this, I still think the Chiefs will be a better team this year playing the QB with 4 years experience with AR's playbook even if that QB is a little less mobile and agile. In2018 Mahomes will take over and Smith will be somewhere else. Given Smith's contract with the 2018 easy out, that would seem to be the plan from the day Dorsey and Reid brought Smith to KC.
[Reply]
penbrook 10:56 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by gonefishin53:
I think Mahomes has better mobility and agility than Smith. 4 months ago Mahomes put up these combine numbers: 40 yard 4.80 sec; 10 yard 1.65 sec; 20 yard shuttle 4.08 sec; 3 cone 6.88 sec. 12 years ago Smith put up these combine numbers: 40 yard 4.74 sec; 10 yard 1.67 sec; 20 yard shuttle 3.96 sec; 3 cone 6.82 sec.

After a 12 year NFL career, I don't believe Smith has more mobility and agility than Mahomes, who has yet to play a full NFL game. And it shows up when they're in uniform playing an actual game. 12 years of getting your legs hammered by NFL defenders takes it's toll.

Knowing this, I still think the Chiefs will be a better team this year playing the QB with 4 years experience with AR's playbook even if that QB is a little less mobile and agile. In2018 Mahomes will take over and Smith will be somewhere else. Given Smith's contract with the 2018 easy out, that would seem to be the plan from the day Dorsey and Reid brought Smith to KC.
Agility Mahomes probably has Smith beat as you could tell from the Bengals game when he rolled out and stiff armed the defender but if we're talking straight line speed Smith is way faster and Pat even said so himself.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:06 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
People on CP actually think they know things. Reid is a top 5 coach in the NFL. Trust him in whatever decision he makes besides clock management
So you call someone out for criticizing Reid only to finish the post by criticizing Reid. That's the type of contradiction that makes you a true CP member at only 15 years old.

Also, you are dead on correct about the clock management.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:09 PM 08-21-2017
Late to the party here because I ignored CP so I could watch the game Monday morning when it aired without all your voices floating in my head.

Alex made a great throw to Kelce that makes you frustrated that the talent is there but shrinks away at times.

Alex shrinks away on the 3rd down redzone play never interested in a TD.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 42
« First < 303637383940 4142 >
Up