ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 42
« First < 222829303132 33343536 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Smith is the best QB on the roster right now
Titty Meat 11:46 AM 08-12-2017
If Smith goes down this year the team is fucked. He's clearly the best QB on the roster right now.
[Reply]
threebag 11:13 PM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by Scooter Libby:
Smith has played great and Mahomes was awesome with that said he had 2 real bad plays. That first throw goes for 6 the other way against New England and on that scramble where he ran back 15 yards probably goes as a huge loss.
This is what I was thinking.

Originally Posted by Scooter Libby:
Yeah sorry for offering a different take god forbid we actually have a discussion on a football board.
If it isnt a death cult feltch for all, Patrick Mahomes, or an Alex pile on... Sweets gets triggered
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:06 AM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
What do you consider a average rookie?
You've got several starters across the league who were picked up over the tenure of Reid's time in KC; Winston, Mariota, Bridgewater, Carr, Osweiler, Lynch, Goff, Wentz, Prescott, etc., and a whole slew of fodder beyond that.
You have to understand that when I say "average", I'm not referencing PFF or stat-lines at all. That shit means absolutely nothing to me, and you'll never see me throwing that garbage around in an attempt to impress anyone or win a debate.
Some might argue that such measurables are necessary to create a complete picture, but I would counter that time spent watching the player play, watching him handle the obvious and the adverse, gives one a much better and clearer outlook on what the actual situation of each guy is across the length of a season.
And I firmly believe that "talent is talent".
Yeah, that sounds dumb alright, but it damned sure cuts quickly through the nonsense of supposition arguments about QB's "needing more weapons" and other such horse shit.
But let's answer your question using a simple 5-point system along with some of the samples I have provided.
I have to put Winston and Mariota at a 4. They have both been very steady and effective for their teams, though neither one has yet to flash upper tier play on a regular basis. They aren't sitting in the middle, they were rookies asked to lead and start for an NFL franchise right out of the draft, but they aren't quite climbing to the top either at this point.
I believe you could put Carr here as well though to my eye and HIS accomplishments, he really straddles that fine point between a low 4 and a high 3, 3 being square in the middle and therefore "average".
Carr gets the bump to the 4 because he was sadly saddled with the Raiders and yet has managed to be the lone dock crane capable of pulling that sorry ship out of the undertow, so to speak.
Can you somewhat begin to see the dynamic at play here?
This is sight-based review, and we haven't even gone down the road in to outside influences that can have a negative or positive impact on the player at hand's standing overall.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:11 AM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:
This is what I was thinking.
You give yourself far too much credit.

Originally Posted by :

If it isnt a death cult feltch for all, Patrick Mahomes, or an Alex pile on... Sweets gets triggered
You sound unhappy. Perhaps you should reach out to someone who understands your needs?
Why don't you shoot a PM over to Bob Do-

Oh...
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:44 AM 08-20-2017
So if Alex Smith is doing surprisingly well this year and we are winning games by him not only relying on the defense but because he moves the offense and scores touchdowns and not just field goals, but gets hurt and Patrick Mahomes II comes in and lights it up, do you go back to Alex Smith or keep with the kid that does everything as good (if not better) as Alex Smith could do?
[Reply]
Nickhead 12:55 AM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
So if Alex Smith is doing surprisingly well this year and we are winning games by him not only relying on the defense but because he moves the offense and scores touchdowns and not just field goals, but gets hurt and Patrick Mahomes II comes in and lights it up, do you go back to Alex Smith or keep with the kid that does everything as good (if not better) as Alex Smith could do?
depends on the standings at that point, but i say you give alex a two game leash as to reclaim the starting gig. at that point, you know you have two really good qb's but only alex knows the playbook 100%.

we haven't discussed this that i have not seen, but there is no reason to rule out that both qb's could be on the field at the same time.

i know this is a stretch, but i miss the days of danny white as qb/punter. why couldn't the chiefs do something similar with all these talented qb's? :-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:00 AM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
depends on the standings at that point, but i say you give alex a two game leash as to reclaim the starting gig. at that point, you know you have two really good qb's but only alex knows the playbook 100%.

we haven't discussed this that i have not seen, but there is no reason to rule out that both qb's could be on the field at the same time

i know this is a stretch, but i miss the days of danny white as qb/punter. why couldn't the chiefs do something similar with all these talented qb's? :-)

I've had that thought because Andy is always up for a trickery up his sleeve like with the Hungry Pig play. I thought to myself we have a Monday Night game against Denver in front of our fans and wouldn't it be vintage Reid to do something like both quarterbacks in for a wild play on first down? Remember from the fifty anything can happen from the fifty.
[Reply]
tk13 01:16 AM 08-20-2017
I think if Mahomes gets in and plays well, there's probably no going back.

That said, it's not like Mahomes needs Alex to teach him to play QB. It's about giving him more time to get a better grasp of the offense. Plus getting to watch how QBs prepare at the NFL level.

No QB has ever been a bust because he had extra time to learn. That's the beauty of this situation, Reid isn't a coach who is trying to save his job so he'll play Mahomes when he's ready. It's obvious they're already giving him plenty of opportunities in preseason and letting him work his way up the depth chart.
[Reply]
penbrook 09:38 AM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I've had that thought because Andy is always up for a trickery up his sleeve like with the Hungry Pig play. I thought to myself we have a Monday Night game against Denver in front of our fans and wouldn't it be vintage Reid to do something like both quarterbacks in for a wild play on first down? Remember from the fifty anything can happen from the fifty.
Smith is a good enough athlete where you like him up outside and have Mahomes take a snap and throw it to Alex. Alex outruns linebackers
[Reply]
SAUTO 08-20-2017, 10:00 AM
This message has been deleted by SAUTO.
thegame214 10:07 AM 08-20-2017
Smith is a good enough athlete where you like him up outside and have Mahomes take a snap and throw it to Alex. Alex outruns linebackers
But not a good enough athlete to throw to designated WRs in the endzone for 700 days.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:22 AM 08-20-2017
Here's another angle to all of this -

Alex has never been pushed by a backup in his time here that had a legit shot at taking over the job. Maybe he's going to up his game while he's looking at the future bearing down on him. (And I say that not thinking Mahomes is going to win the spot, or even wishing him to. If Alex can step up his game, I'm all for PMII to sit, watch, and learn this season.)
[Reply]
Rausch 10:24 AM 08-20-2017
If any starting QB for any competitive team goes down that team is fucked.

There are very few able b/u QB's in this league right now...
[Reply]
thegame214 10:29 AM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:
If any starting QB for any competitive team goes down that team is ****ed.

There are very few able b/u QB's in this league right now...
:-)
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 10:43 AM 08-20-2017
So you're saying Alex would make a decent slot receiver?

Lol
[Reply]
milkman 10:44 AM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
So you're saying Alex would make a decent slot receiver?

Lol
On third down, he'd run a route short of the sticks.
[Reply]
penbrook 10:47 AM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by milkman:
On third down, he'd run a route short of the sticks.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 32 of 42
« First < 222829303132 33343536 > Last »
Up