ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 104 of 136
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Golf Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:08 PM 02-07-2015
The original Bushwood thread is overflowing like Craig Stadler's FUPA.

Use this thread to discuss tournaments, swing thoughts, equipment, and golf deals.

I thought we could also use the OP to create a WITB for ChiefsPlanet members. I'll list a poster's name and put their sticks in a spoiler tag, so you can see what everyone is carrying.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:26 PM 06-17-2017
Originally Posted by tk13:
There was too much scoring today... made for a whirlwind round though. I will say Thomas made some sick shots. He legit played great today. Made a circus putt on 5, a clutch putt on 17 and that 3 wood into the green on 18 was ridiculous.

I wasn't alive to see it, but I know Johnny Miller's 63 was on a rain soaked course. Sometimes you just get burned. Hopefully the course dries out a bit tomorrow. USGA just can't win. The last few years they've been criticized for tricking up the courses too much. Now it's gone the other way. The year after Miller's 63 was the massacre at Winged Foot though, I wonder if they'll go back to trying to make the courses impossible again.
It is actually a common misconception that Miller's 63 was on a rain-soaked course. There was rain that delayed Saturday's round by an hour, then a big storm after the conclusion of play on Sunday.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:29 PM 06-17-2017
Anyone know the dues and fees for clubs in KC?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:34 PM 06-17-2017
The thing is that they haven't tricked up any of these courses. Pinehurst was open without any rough, and the shaved areas presented little challenge for players with lob wedges and Pro V1s. Chambers Bay was unsuited to host a US Open because they stupidly assumed that poa annua wouldn't infest the greens. Oakmont is a legitimately tough course and the championship was running along fine until the USGA lost its mind over the Johnson ruling, and this course is just way too goddamned open and totally reliant upon weather to create any challenge.

You have to go back to 2004 at Shinnecock to see the results of some true cocksuckery on the part of the USGA.
[Reply]
O.city 09:08 PM 06-17-2017
Johnny did it at Oakmont not Winged Foot
[Reply]
O.city 09:09 PM 06-17-2017
5 players double digits under par here
Have been six finishes total in us open history
[Reply]
O.city 09:10 PM 06-17-2017
David Duvall said it best. This course was set up to play hard and fast and that's why they have big fairways because of that. Mother Nature didn't allow that
[Reply]
O.city 09:16 PM 06-17-2017
With technology we have now, not just clubs or balls but he'll, with the track man, there's no going back.

You can get so dialed in with it and know exactly what's going on, it's easy to fix and get right on. Match the clubs and the ball up to that and the athleticism of players , it just is what it is
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:49 PM 06-17-2017
Course is a joke
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:10 PM 06-17-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
With technology we have now, not just clubs or balls but he'll, with the track man, there's no going back.

You can get so dialed in with it and know exactly what's going on, it's easy to fix and get right on. Match the clubs and the ball up to that and the athleticism of players , it just is what it is
Most of these guys can't work the ball multiple directions or alter their trajectory and still move the ball. They do a few things phenomenally well. Courses that require players to work the ball in both directions instead of just bombing the ball and using spin to stop it around pins will do a much better job of keeping scores closer to par.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:17 PM 06-17-2017
Take Winged Foot for example:

Most holes have subtle doglegs with trees on either side of the fairway, placing a premium on accuracy off the tee, but also on the second shot. Thick rough bordering the greens requires precise placement, and many of the greens are also heavily bunkered.

For a right-handed golfer, you need to hit a draw on 16, cut on 17, and a draw on 18. If you blow one too far off, not only do you have the rough, but trees to deal with.

Where is the requirement for shotmaking on these Mike Davis specials?
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:51 AM 06-18-2017
Wind is whipping this morning at 9.

This wind reminds me of @TheOpen at StAndrews in 2015... and we know what happened then... #USOpen @ErinHillsFescue pic.twitter.com/MRGtTPAN8e

— Christopher Rants (@C_Rants) June 18, 2017

[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 09:11 AM 06-18-2017
Hope the wind makes for some excellent meltdowns
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 09:16 AM 06-18-2017
Ugh, wind is going to die down. Worst Open ever
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:02 AM 06-18-2017
There's no doubt in my mind that had there been the normal wind (like today) and little/no rain this week, we'd be looking at a winning score of -4 at the most.

The USGA can't control the weather.

Scores this morning are high and they are only dealing with wind - if they were dealing wind AND firm/fast?

No one would be bitching.
[Reply]
O.city 10:15 AM 06-18-2017
So don't go to a course that's difficulty depends on things outside of your power
[Reply]
Page 104 of 136
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114 > Last »
Up