ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 84 of 3903
« First < 34748081828384 85868788941341845841084 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rain Man 02:14 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
Book a Presidential Suite and take a chance!!
The presidential suite is nice, and would be a notable upgrade from my usual inside cabin. I just need the prices to decline another 90 percent.
[Reply]
Fish 02:22 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Not a single person in the international locations without confirmed COVID-19 has shown severe enough symptoms to go to a hospital for treatment where they would at minimum report a presumptive positive case of the virus?
About a week ago, people were saying the same thing about the US. The long incubation period where people are infected but asymptomatic allows for that kind of thing to potentially happen.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:24 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
There is a lot of information out there that states that in China the best results for treatment have come from high dose vitamin C drips. If I felt like I was getting something I think I would get one immediately along with a hyperbaric IV ozone therapy 10 pass. Don't expect to hear about any of this from our trusted friends at the CDC, FDA or WHO.
You do realize that using Vitamin C and ozone therapy completely negates the other right?

Vitamin C depletes inhibits radical formation, hence the term "antioxidant". Ozone is a charged molecule that promotes radical formation and oxygenation. You might as well drink a bunch of vinegar and baking soda mixed together.
[Reply]
IUsedToBeATightEnd 02:27 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
So where are all of the sick people in international locations such as the Bahamas and Aruba that have yet to record an official case of COVID-19?

Even if they are not actively testing for it, there would still be people getting sick and showing symptoms if the virus was actively present in those locations.

Also the hysteria you described in Italy is further evidence that the panicked-reaction is way worse than the danger of the virus.

For perspective there is a higher global mortality and hospitalization probability rate related to driving an automobile (due to accidents/crashes).
The virus has a low mortality rate (3%) PROVIDED THE INFECTED WHO REQUIRE HOSPITALIZATION AND MECHANICAL VENTILATION (ABOUT 30%) CAN GET IT.
Since this virus is extremely contagious (about ten times more than normal flu) it is easy to reach a point where only a fraction of the infected can receive the required cares. In which case the mortality will increase dramatically.
That's why quarantine is important. The Virus can't be stopped but can be slowed down so it doesn't clog the sanitary systems.
Reason why in China they had to build 15 (or so) new hospitals specifically for Covid-19 patients.

Originally Posted by Rain Man:
When this whole thing happened, I was halfway through planning a trip to Italy. I've got airfare booked and a couple of hotels, but froze the planning when this thing happened. My wife was going to fly home (already booked) and I was going to take a cruise ship across the Atlantic from Italy to get home (not yet booked, though I'd picked the ship). This is all supposed to happen in the Fall. What do y'all think my odds are of actually being able to do the trip as planned?
If you don't mind doing the trip to be confined in a Hotel Room in Italy then you should take it. Doubt you'll ever get cheaper fares than in this period LOL.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:29 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Can anyone tell me anything about the antiviral's that are in production?
Remdesivir is the most likely candidate to be used based upon its mechanism of action and demonstrated activity against coronaviruses. It has already been used in compassionate use situations (where one can get around normal clinical trial hurdles) in Washington and China.

The original antiviral nucleoside analogues were based around other nucleosides, like thymidine or cytosine. Remdisivir is based around adenosine, which makes it a novel agent.
[Reply]
Pablo 02:32 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Remdesivir is the most likely candidate to be used based upon its mechanism of action and demonstrated activity against coronaviruses. It has already been used in compassionate use situations (where one can get around normal clinical trial hurdles) in Washington and China.

The original antiviral nucleoside analogues were based around other nucleosides, like thymidine or cytosine. Remdisivir is based around adenosine, which makes it a novel agent.
Yeah, but can you tell me how many 5 lb. bags of oranges I need to eat before I'm safe Dr. Smartypants??
[Reply]
TLO 02:34 PM 03-09-2020

Wishful thinking maybe.
[Reply]
TLO 02:40 PM 03-09-2020

So how long do we have to wait to get approval if Remdesivir works? It's not a new drug, so couldn't it be approved fairly quickly?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:40 PM 03-09-2020
Whatever. It always kills me that people who run in the circles I do who prescribe to a lot of what many of you consider misinformation are so much healthier than the general population. (Much Healthier)One of them treats a bunch of the 49ers, I wonder why and how they ended up there. It's kind of a who's who of the silicon valley with executives. If you think you are getting better advice at Kaiser from a doctor following AMA protocol knock yourself out. IMO, diet matters. Supplements matter. Exercise matters. Treatments matter. It's so weird that this is the only place I go where people think it doesn't. IMO diet is king. To each their own though.
If you think an industry that uses blood boys and team physicians (whose best interests are almost always in contrast with the patient's) are bastions of expert medical advice then it's no wonder you're as misinformed as you are.

Supplements make almost no difference based solely upon their very low bioavailability. If you can get it from diet, then eat it; otherwise, you're just stressing your kidneys and liver for very very little gain.

The vitamin C myth is based entirely upon the mistakes of Linus Pauling, and repeated studies have shown no benefit. In fact, supplementation is an indicator of increased mortality in some cases (B12, for example). The body needs oxidative stress during cancer treatment because it is that stress that aids in lipid peroxidation and increased death of malignant cells.
[Reply]
eDave 02:41 PM 03-09-2020
Oh great. Hamas is here.
[Reply]
Donger 02:42 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:

Wishful thinking maybe.
I wonder what Japan is doing to be the outlier?
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 02:47 PM 03-09-2020
You do realize that using Vitamin C and ozone therapy completely negates the other right?

Vitamin C depletes inhibits radical formation, hence the term "antioxidant". Ozone is a charged molecule that promotes radical formation and oxygenation. You might as well drink a bunch of vinegar and baking soda mixed together.
I have never done a vitamin C drip as I am rarely sick. I just posted what I had read during the week.

I have done hyperbaric IV ozone before and liked it a lot. MOF I am considering getting an EWOT therapy setup but need to finish my due diligence. Have you ever done either?
[Reply]
R Clark 02:47 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I wonder what Japan is doing to be the outlier?
Isn’t japan and China at odds with each other?
[Reply]
srvy 02:49 PM 03-09-2020

Yum

I used to love making volcanos as a kid with that method.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 02:49 PM 03-09-2020
1. What kind of dipshit sends screen shots of posts he read on an internet BB to a top orthopedic surgeon? LMFAO Liar

2. Are you even capable of reading? I think I clearly described what a team orthopedic surgeon actually is.
Cause when I was in his office last week getting my shoulder checked. We talked about anti vax people, people who use essential oils, people who think the government is out to fuck them. So when you started on your tear of Vitamin C it reminded me of that so I text my friend who is a ortho surgeon. Are you incapable of understanding he is my friend, that is a ortho surgeon? He isn’t just an ortho surgeon that I see at appointments, we golf, we hang out, we text each other, screen shot shit that we find funny. Holy fucking shit, I can’t believe I have to explain this out to someone, who claims to be friends with an ortho surgeon

What kind of dipshit thinks I was texting his ad an ortho surgeon and not my friend? Holy fuck you are stupid. LMFAO. WTF LOL :-)MAO BRB TRYL

You didn’t describe a team ortho surgeon is, you got damn troglodyte. You said teams don’t have an official ortho surgeon, unless they buy the title. That’s not explaining, that’s making shit up.
[Reply]
Page 84 of 3903
« First < 34748081828384 85868788941341845841084 > Last »
Up