ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The overrated Browns defense
staylor26 07:29 AM 08-09-2019
I just heard Dan Patrick say that Browns defense might be better than their offense (which is absurd). A lot of people seem to think their defense is going to be great.

Where did this idea that they have a great defense come from? They had the 30th ranked D last year. They weren’t quite as bad as us, but they weren’t that much better either. Is it because of Myles Garrett? The additions of Sheldon Richardson and Olivier Vernon? Two very overrated players?

I just don’t see it. I think we made more improvements than they did on defense, but the national media just assumes our defense is going to suck again.

I already hate this fucking team and I hope we play them in the playoffs.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:45 AM 08-24-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
To be fair, nobody could believe the Giants took Daniel Jones where they did. He might be a dick, but he wasn't lying.
Most of the nfl had a pretty good idea, hell I knew
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:47 AM 08-24-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And how the **** are the Steelers in “disarray”? :-)
You don't think so? Missed the play-offs, public stand-off/hold-out with their star running back who they shipped off in the offseason, public stand-off/hold-out with their star receiver who they shipped off in the offseason, former star QB is up and down at this point in his career...so why would we assume they're just going to return to being a serious contender?

By Steelers' standards, I'd say they're a real question mark.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:59 AM 08-24-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
no, I don't see anything anywhere near LJ/Peters.

as for Cowherd, most of us agree with Baker, don't we?

We're accustomed to players that keep their mouths shut. Mayfield doesn't. Sometimes he should, as in the Jones talk.

It's not the same as LJ or Peters at all.

I see Mayfield as a cocky kid that feeds on the doubters. Hell, even Brady openly used that as fuel this past season. I expect in time, Mayfield will learn when that's helpful and when it's a distraction.

I just think a lot of the 'red flags' are just a bunch of hooey and he's a different kind of kid.

Most of the hate on this board for him is because OKLAHOMA, in my opinion.

You're certainly entitled to yours.
First off, I don’t give a fuck about Oklahoma. It has absolutely nothing to do with that and I’m pretty sure most on here feel the same way.

Second, don’t just ignore the Duke Johnson comments. He was way out of line there to the point that some of the vets had to have a talk with him. That’s a serious red flag for a young QB whether you think it is or not.

The guy just can’t keep his fucking mouth shut. And no I don’t agree with Mayfield on Cowherd. He looks like an insecure loser for going back and forth with somebody in the media because they aren’t sucking his dick like everybody else. Then he has the nerve to talk about one of his peers? Absolutely hypocritical, and considering it’s Cowherd’s job and not his, he looks even worse IMO.

He can’t block out the noise. That’s going to be a serious problem when they don’t meet expectations, which are through the roof, and the media is piling on.

Mayfield isn’t nearly as good as he thinks he is, and if that OL is as bad as it looks, he’s going to either be humbled or implode.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:13 AM 08-24-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You don't think so? Missed the play-offs, public stand-off/hold-out with their star running back who they shipped off in the offseason, public stand-off/hold-out with their star receiver who they shipped off in the offseason, former star QB is up and down at this point in his career...so why would we assume they're just going to return to being a serious contender?

By Steelers' standards, I'd say they're a real question mark.
I don’t see how they are currently in disarray, maybe last year. They got rid of two distractions. It’s not like they’re short on talent either, especially at those positions. You have two good young RB’s in Conner and Samuels. And JuJu, Washington, And Johnson give them a nice trio of young WR’s to develop. Not to mention they finally replace Shazier which is probably the biggest move of the offseason for them.
[Reply]
O.city 07:26 AM 08-24-2019
I think the Steelers are gonna be really good
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:27 AM 08-24-2019
First off, I don’t give a **** about Oklahoma. It has absolutely nothing to do with that and I’m pretty sure most on here feel the same way.

Second, don’t just ignore the Duke Johnson comments. He was way out of line there to the point that some of the vets had to have a talk with him. That’s a serious red flag for a young QB whether you think it is or not.

The guy just can’t keep his ****ing mouth shut. And no I don’t agree with Mayfield on Cowherd. He looks like an insecure loser for going back and forth with somebody in the media because they aren’t sucking his dick like everybody else. Then he has the nerve to talk about one of his peers? Absolutely hypocritical, and considering it’s Cowherd’s job and not his, he looks even worse IMO.

He can’t block out the noise. That’s going to be a serious problem when they don’t meet expectations, which are through the roof, and the media is piling on.

Mayfield isn’t nearly as good as he thinks he is, and if that OL is as bad as it looks, he’s going to either be humbled or implode.
I've agreed that sometimes he ought to keep his mouth shut. I think he's a kid, and he will learn. I'm not an apologist here. I don't think he's perfect, and he walks on hallowed ground. I just think the 'red flags' are a bit overblown. Either way, I agree, we'll see.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:29 AM 08-24-2019
I don’t see how they are currently in disarray, maybe last year. They got rid of two distractions. It’s not like they’re short on talent either, especially at those positions. You have two good young RB’s in Conner and Samuels. And JuJu, Washington, And Johnson give them a nice trio of young WR’s to develop. Not to mention they finally replace Shazier which is probably the biggest move of the offseason for them.
Well, maybe; OR from another angle it looks like Tomlin's not in control of that locker room. You think they had a couple of problem children that they got rid of. I think it's indicative of a larger problem. We'll see how it plays out.
[Reply]
TEX 09:02 AM 08-24-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think the Steelers are gonna be really good
I do too. Or at least they'll be better than what some think. I think last year was a transition year brought on early by all the distractions. This season they're gone and the Steelers have a set course. I think they, not the Browns, win their division.
[Reply]
notorious 09:04 AM 08-24-2019
Browns aren't going to win the division. Their core is weak, their coaching is weak.

It's Pitt's division, and if they falter an average Baltimore team will pick up the slack.
[Reply]
FAX 09:12 AM 08-24-2019
The Stoolers have always been good ... some years they're not great, but they've always been competitive.

They are, however, evil. At some point, they embraced malignity. Starting with that head coach and working its way down to the most inconsequential ballboy, they are saturated with malevolence and perverse depravity. Top to bottom.

Yet, their curse is now broken and they no longer represent a threat to anyone. This, my friends, is the power of Mahomes.

FAX
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:23 AM 08-24-2019
Originally Posted by Best22:
Being loud doesn’t make you confident

It’s all about performance. Everything else is just noise
I think it’s the opposite actually.

Mayfield’s actions reek of insecurity IMO.

Real confidence doesn’t look like that at all
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He's every reality show contestant that shouts "I'm not here to make friends!!!" and is pretty much just a complete prick.
IF BM were all that he would've made these 3rd,4th and 5th WRs look like 1's and 2's just like PMII did with Albert Wilson in his first start against the Broncos. The big difference I see between PMII and BM(and there are many:-))'just in the pocket alone under duress especially' is that BM is very inaccurate whereas PMII is still accurate completing passes the majority of the time. This was very evident in last night's game against the Bucs.

PMII's issue is when he has no duress on him he will have a tendency to overthrow when too relaxed. He left at least 10 tds on the field last year overthrowing WRs. But I love the fact PMII gets even more razor sharp under duress with his throws and he should out grow his over throwing in due time even developing better touch and we should see a lot less of it this year.

BM has demonstrated nervous foot work in the pocket when under duress and why he is inaccurate which could lead to total "happy feet"(taking off too soon) IF their OL problems don't get fixed.

So for right now IMHO, BM is the Ric Flair of NFL QBs - just a poser. He does not make anyone around him better for now and my guess will never do so because he chooses not to grow out of his extreme insecurities currently on display for all to see. Enjoy watching OBJ / BM drama coming soon !!:-)
[Reply]
Best22 11:34 AM 08-24-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
IF BM were all that he would've made these 3rd,4th and 5th WRs look like 1's and 2's just like PMII did with Albert Wilson in his first start against the Broncos. The big difference I see between PMII and BM(and there are many:-))'just in the pocket alone under duress especially' is that BM is very inaccurate whereas PMII is still accurate completing passes the majority of the time. This was very evident in last night's game against the Bucs.

PMII's issue is when he has no duress on him he will have a tendency to overthrow when too relaxed. He left at least 10 tds on the field last year overthrowing WRs. But I love the fact PMII gets even more razor sharp under duress with his throws and he should out grow his over throwing in due time even developing better touch and we should see a lot less of it this year.

BM has demonstrated nervous foot work in the pocket when under duress and why he is inaccurate which could lead to total "happy feet"(taking off too soon) IF their OL problems don't get fixed.

So for right now IMHO, BM is the Ric Flair of NFL QBs - just a poser. He does not make anyone around him better for now and my guess will never do so because he chooses not to grow out of his extreme insecurities currently on display for all to see. Enjoy watching OBJ / BM drama coming soon !!:-)
Baker is good but people have taken it too far. He gets credit for “leadership” and “moxie” but alot of QBs have that (Brady, etc.) they just aren’t loud about it. He’s a GREAT prospect, but trying to compare him to Mahomes (right now) understates just how good Mahomes was last year. 24 TD and 6 picks vs playoff teams (30-6 vs winning record teams). Mayfield was 8/9, Goff was like 11/12, Rivers was also underwhelming, with 12/6.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:58 AM 08-24-2019
Baker is good but people have taken it too far. He gets credit for “leadership” and “moxie” but alot of QBs have that (Brady, etc.) they just aren’t loud about it. He’s a GREAT prospect,
Only IF he chooses to grow up mentally and especially emotionally. Baker benefited last year from DCs and defenses not facing him prior and a weak schedule. Now that there is tape on him we'll see if he chooses to overcome his demons(his own ego and nervous feet when under duress in the pocket). His ego borders on Jeff George immaturity IMHO and will go full on IF Baker continues with his nervous footwork in the pocket missing WRs thus eventually starting to point fingers at the OL and WRs. Wouldn't be surprised at all.:-)

but trying to compare him to Mahomes (right now) understates just how good Mahomes was last year. 24 TD and 6 picks vs playoff teams (30-6 vs winning record teams). Mayfield was 8/9, Goff was like 11/12, Rivers was also underwhelming, with 12/6.
1000% agree.:-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:03 PM 08-24-2019
Baker is good but people have taken it too far. He gets credit for “leadership” and “moxie” but alot of QBs have that (Brady, etc.) they just aren’t loud about it. He’s a GREAT prospect, but trying to compare him to Mahomes (right now) understates just how good Mahomes was last year. 24 TD and 6 picks vs playoff teams (30-6 vs winning record teams). Mayfield was 8/9, Goff was like 11/12, Rivers was also underwhelming, with 12/6.

Baker has won exactly ONE game outside of the state of Ohio.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:22 PM 08-24-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
To be fair, nobody could believe the Giants took Daniel Jones where they did. He might be a dick, but he wasn't lying.
Actually I could. Talked about it in the draft forum a month before it actually happened.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up