ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 75 of 114
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:40 AM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by tooge:
Nah. This is easy. This vote allows the Chiefs to finally get out of the shithole that is JaCo. They will be in KS in 7 years where they can develop an area away from shitsville.
I think that is a strong possibility. And that makes me wonder what this will do to us season ticket holders. If they move, will the stadium still hold 80k? Will I even be able to get the same level of quality of seats and for the same price? Will my seats be much more expensive? Will there be BS such as luxury licenses like other organizations in the NFL have done? So many questions. But alas, none of it matters as of now. not for 7 years, at least.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:42 AM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
They don't understand that landlords aren't getting rich... They cash flow and their expenses have gone drastically up. Didn't KCMO assessments go up by 30%. Well, the landlords taxes went up by 30% as well. Along with increases in utilities, snow removal, trash removal and general maintenance. Now calculate in the change in interest rates when they need to up their 5 year note on the property... Clueless people.
They have unrealistic ideals. You could get a decent 2br apartment in KC proper in 2019 for 1000/month. You could also buy a decent house in a nice neighborhood for 250k

Yes assessments went up dramatically and since Covid this market is nothing but an investor hotbed looking to extract maximum value out of a previously stable and very affordable area.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:45 AM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
They have unrealistic ideals. You could get a decent 2br apartment in KC proper in 2019 for 1000/month

Yes assessments went up dramatically and since Covid this market is nothing but an investor hotbed looking to extract maximum value out of a previously stable and very affordable area.
Which means you need to make a $1000 a week to make sure you can get by.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:45 AM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I think that is a strong possibility. And that makes me wonder what this will do to us season ticket holders. If they move, will the stadium still hold 80k? Will I even be able to get the same level of quality of seats and for the same price? Will my seats be much more expensive? Will there be BS such as luxury licenses like other organizations in the NFL have done? So many questions. But alas, none of it matters as of now. not for 7 years, at least.
The sad part is a new stadium won't have the same steep grade as Arrowhead, so you'll feel like you're two miles from the field.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:45 AM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I think they believe 1200 is an astronomical rent rate.

And it’s a group full of people that believe they are fighting systematic inequalities or something along those lines. I think one of the people chained themselves to a door at the courthouse once to really shake up the system

:-)
$1200 does seem a little high to me but then, I lived in some real crappy places when I was young and poor. It is not high for a place in KC. And especially not with the inflation we've had over the past few years.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:46 AM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
There's a word for those who believe that it should be a crime to profit in providing housing.
Squatters? :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 09:48 AM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
The sad part is a new stadium won't have the same steep grade as Arrowhead, so you'll feel like you're two miles from the field.
Well, that's good and bad, I suppose. I mean, it feels like I need a sherpa to get to my seats some days. :-)
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:54 AM 04-04-2024
Rent is normally calculated as one percent of the property value. So a home that is valued at $120,000 would rent for $1200.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:00 AM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Which means you need to make a $1000 a week to make sure you can get by.
Yes at least
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:28 AM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Let the meltdowns re-commence. Royals will follow suit and play at the T-Bones stadium. /s

I had no idea the A’s might be moving to Las Vegas.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:30 AM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
They don't understand money.
That fix probably covers it much simpler.
[Reply]
loochy 10:36 AM 04-04-2024
I think that is a strong possibility. And that makes me wonder what this will do to us season ticket holders. If they move, will the stadium still hold 80k?

Yes

Will I even be able to get the same level of quality of seats
Sure

and for the same price?
Absolutely not

Will my seats be much more expensive?
Of course

Will there be BS such as luxury licenses like other organizations in the NFL have done?
Yes

So many questions. But alas, none of it matters as of now. not for 7 years, at least.
And the answers to all of them are very obvious
[Reply]
|Zach| 12:09 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yeah. It wasn't the money, at least not for anyone I know, and everyone I know was dead set against it.

It was a shit plan with no real parameters, lots of talk, but nothing on paper other than the footprint of the actual stadium. It was bonkers.
Yes.
[Reply]
tk13 12:20 PM 04-04-2024
You know what the answer is going to be to all of these. That's why I agree the Chiefs messaging was not great, but even here today people want them to "come back with a better plan" like they have any leverage. I agree the renovations did not do a lot for the average fan but that's not what they're comparing it to. I'd bet that Clark and Mark Donovan were comparing those renovations to what they they'd get with a new stadium in KS. New suites, luxury areas, etc, etc. The Arrowhead renovations were their shot at trying to make a lot of fans happy by staying, while creating revenue like a lot of other teams are doing now with suites and such.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:23 PM 04-04-2024
~60,000 something total capacity, PSLs and a dome.

Hooray.
[Reply]
Page 75 of 114
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985 > Last »
Up