ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 86 of 211
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136186 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 05:46 PM 07-26-2019
Motherfucking DishNetwork and FSN are in a goddamn dispute so I have lost my FSMW channel.

I am about to lose my fucking shit.
[Reply]
jd1020 05:56 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Mother****ing DishNetwork and FSN are in a goddamn dispute so I have lost my FSMW channel.

I am about to lose my ****ing shit.
I've got U-verse and they've been in disputes with the owners of Fox and CBS and shit for over a month now so I dont even get local games. I'm blacked out from Cubs games when they are Chicago's local ABC and when they are on MLB Network. So I only get them when they are on CSN now. It's pretty fucking retarded.

I stick with uverse to keep my unlimited cap on internet but they are just now starting to put in AT&T fiber in my area where I think the 2nd tier of internet comes with unlimited caps so I'm thinking about switching to that and just cutting the fucking cable on TV and streaming everything with Kodi and a couple subs.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:00 PM 07-26-2019
Well, I'm glad the Cubs and the Brewers are playing each other right now because I don't expect things to roll along like they have been against the Asstros.
[Reply]
TEX 06:32 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Well, I'm glad the Cubs and the Brewers are playing each other right now because I don't expect things to roll along like they have been against the Asstros.
Preview of the World Series my man!
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:12 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I don't think you're getting a top 30 prospect for him because what he's largely a glue guy.

Gorman and Carlson with the Cardinals have probably sneaked their way into the top 30 respectively - but Merrifield's contributions would serve to make the team better without making them truly outstanding. They're still clearly a tier behind the Dodgers, Yankees and Astros, probably the Twins and maybe Braves as well.

So the Cardinals aren't gonna move Gorman or Carlson for him because it doesn't change their ultimate outcome. And when you say you want a top 30 player AND another top 100 guy, well now you've effectively eliminated the Cardinals from contention as well because Montero, Torres and Nunez are all too green to make top 100 lists. Even Knizner isn't on there.

But the Cardinals damn sure wouldn't give you Gorman AND Montero or Kizner. Because again, it just doesn't change an outcome much.

And I'd argue that the Cardinals could probably use Merrifield as much or more than any team in baseball given their complete lack of a leadoff hitter and his ability to play multiple OF positions in addition to 2b/CI.

He may be a big time WAR guy, but he's the wrong kind of player to engender that kind of return, IMO. He's not ascending, he's not flashy, he has little ceiling left. GMs don't give up top 30 prospects for that kind of player. It just doesn't happen and if that's what Moore is insisting on, I think he's making a mistake.

But if he could get a lotto ticket, a live arm and someone deep in the minors with some upside, that's probably a deal he should consider. Something like Jhon Torres, Junior Fernandez (arrow's pointed way up this year) and Ivan Herrera (super young C w/ ML backup floor given his defensive chops) is probably something he should consider.

Because I don't think anyone really thinks the Royals are going to contend for a WC birth over the next 2-3 seasons, do they? And after that, Merrifield won't have much value left.

It’s less than what Adam Eaton and Jose Quintana commanded. I wouldn’t call either of them a straw stirrer or centerpiece, but they were viewed as very valuable complementary pieces. I fully realize it’s a lot but I don’t blame the Royals for holding out for a similar, if slightly lighter, haul.

Trading him for the type of package you suggest just doesn’t move the needle. If given the choice between just riding out his bargain deal (and having a fan favorite, veteran leader to build culture and take pressure off the debuting young players) and taking some scratchers ticket guys, I know I’d take the former.

If that means he’s just a 2-win player by the time they start ramping up again and talking contention (2022) so be it.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:20 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It’s less than what Adam Eaton and Jose Quintana commanded. I wouldn’t call either of them a straw stirrer or centerpiece, but they were viewed as very valuable complementary pieces. I fully realize it’s a lot but I don’t blame the Royals for holding out for a similar, if slightly lighter, haul.

Trading him for the type of package you suggest just doesn’t move the needle. If given the choice between just riding out his bargain deal (and having a fan favorite, veteran leader to build culture and take pressure off the debuting young players) and taking some scratchers ticket guys, I know I’d take the former.

If that means he’s just a 2-win player by the time they start ramping up again and talking contention (2022) so be it.
Jimenez was a Top 10 prospect already when traded for Quintana, not to mention Cease. What you’re talking for Whit definitely isn’t less than that.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:35 PM 07-26-2019
Eaton was 2 years younger and Quintana is a pitcher who was traded to a team in the same city and in both scenario's there isn't a person around that thinks the teams that acquired those players did not overpay for them. Those players didnt command that, the Cubs and Nationals just went full retard.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:39 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Jimenez was a Top 10 prospect already when traded for Quintana, not to mention Cease. What you’re talking for Whit definitely isn’t less than that.

Did you mean “definitely IS less.” ?
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:10 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Did you mean “definitely IS less.” ?
I didn’t. If you think 30 year old Merrifield is worth the equivalent of Bo Bichette+, we’re going to have to agree to disagree.
[Reply]
bdj23 08:49 PM 07-26-2019
Andrew Miller fucking sucks
[Reply]
O.city 09:04 PM 07-26-2019
Boom
[Reply]
bdj23 09:05 PM 07-26-2019
Goldschmidt kinda looking like Albert right now.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:56 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
I didn’t. If you think 30 year old Merrifield is worth the equivalent of Bo Bichette+, we’re going to have to agree to disagree.

Both those deals had top 10 guys as the centerpieces. Big difference in value in those guys and a guy in the top 30 range. Eaton’s included another top 50 guy and a guy a year removed from being a first round pick in Dunning, who had played well. Quintana’s included a second top 75 guy in Cease.

I was posting from my phone and should clarify a bit. When I was saying top 30 guy, what I really mean is a guy around the top 30, with someone in the 30-50 range qualifying. Poor wording choice on my part.

Top 30-50 type.

Top 50-75 type.

That’s the type of “blow away” I think it would take.

I don’t see any value in a deal like the one DJ proposed, at this point for KC. There’s no point in trading him for a package that doesn’t include a single top 100 guy. They don’t need quantity or prospect depth. They need quality.

They’re better off at that point just waiting for the offseason to move him, if that’s the best offer available.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:50 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Goldschmidt kinda looking like Albert right now.
hes not going to keep hitting them out at this clip but he has the talent to carry a team. Being in 1st place over the Cubs is a great side benefit. Even if it’s temporary.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:29 AM 07-27-2019
Haven’t really been following baseball that close this year(Royals are tanking) but was pleasantly surprised to see you guys in first. Congrats!
[Reply]
Page 86 of 211
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136186 > Last »
Up