ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 278 of 332
« First < 178228268274275276277278 279280281282288328 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rasslin is YES! YES! YES!
Reaper16 09:58 AM 04-08-2014
Last thread has well over 10,000 replies. Its body is breaking down like The Undertaker's. Seeing as we might have crossed the threshold into a new era in the business, here's a fresh new thread.

[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:02 PM 07-23-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch:
Yeah, there's going to be some really interesting bidding wars soon. I actually think MJF walks and depending on how frosty the dynamic is between Punk and the Elite they just might go too.
I don't think so. If anything, I expect the opposite.

Endeavor is going to cut back on talent costs drastically and Tony Khan is going to have a field day.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:15 PM 07-23-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I don't think so. If anything, I expect the opposite.

Endeavor is going to cut back on talent costs drastically and Tony Khan is going to have a field day.
For the most part I agree, but MJF is a special exception and they may very well open the drawstrings to pry away the talent AEW is named after.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:20 PM 07-23-2023
For the most part I agree, but MJF is a special exception and they may very well open the drawstrings to pry away the talent AEW is named after.
Perhaps. Not sure how much it will matter in the end.

I think his days in wrestling are numbered.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:43 PM 07-23-2023
Wait, whose days are numbered?
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 09:26 PM 07-23-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Well Rhodes was trained in the WWE system, WWE doesn't care about work rate, moves, or tag team wrestling.
100% agree. Bucks and Omega would be fish out of water with WWE. Rhodes works because of his story with his father and he's really built his American Nightmare character.

Bucks and Omega main skill is their in ring work. They don't have the charisma Cody does.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 04:11 AM 07-24-2023
Yeah, not sure what the problem is with Dom. He's excellent at what he does.
Not sure what you see that makes you think he is excellent at what he does.

Yes he plays his character well, but so could any 2nd year wrestling heel. Honestly take Rhea Ripley away from Dom and he would be like any other mid card guy.

Actually the Judgment Day would be more interesting if Priest and Ripley kicked out both Dom and Finn Balor and find someone who completes the heel group better.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:38 AM 07-24-2023
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Not sure what you see that makes you think he is excellent at what he does.

Yes he plays his character well, but so could any 2nd year wrestling heel. Honestly take Rhea Ripley away from Dom and he would be like any other mid card guy.

Actually the Judgment Day would be more interesting if Priest and Ripley kicked out both Dom and Finn Balor and find someone who completes the heel group better.
Hard disagree on any wrestling heel being able to play that character, especially rookies. We've seen plenty of guys get the rocket strapped to them only to crash and burn miserably, and yet he's at the point he's got the most legit heel heat in wrestling right now. Now, granted, a lot of that stems from his program with his dad and without that he probably is still mired in the midcard. But that's the story of every wrestler ever.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:08 AM 07-24-2023
Wait, whose days are numbered?
MJF will be in Hollywood eventually.

Also the Bucks wouldn't last in WWE long with their backstage politics.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:12 AM 07-24-2023
Dom's problem is, he's not his dad. Rey Mysterio is frankly one of the best workers of all time and holding anyone to that is a bit much...shit when Mysterio was 17 he was a top 5 worker in North America...Dom will never be Rey and that's the issue.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:16 AM 07-24-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Dom's problem is, he's not his dad. Rey Mysterio is frankly one of the best workers of all time and holding anyone to that is a bit much...shit when Mysterio was 17 he was a top 5 worker in North America...Dom will never be Rey and that's the issue.
Yeah but expecting him to be his Dad is only asking him to fail.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:17 AM 07-24-2023
That seems like all the more reason he'd hop to WWE for a stint. MJF is certainly talented enough to make the jump but he's not getting much more than straight to DVD shit from Warner Bros Discovery he'll need to prove himself on a bigger stage, unless he somehow steals the show as one of the secondary Von Erichs and makes an immaculate impression during the making of that movie.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:17 AM 07-24-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yeah but expecting him to be his Dad is only asking him to fail.
But that's what the issue is, his name is Mysterio, In reality they should have just called him something else lol.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:20 AM 07-24-2023
Huh? Like, literally the first year and a half he's been on TV he's been involved directly in programs with his dad. Why would they give him a different name?
[Reply]
Mecca 10:24 AM 07-24-2023
Huh? Like, literally the first year and a half he's been on TV he's been involved directly in programs with his dad. Why would they give him a different name?
I meant if they could go back in time..they had him on TV before he was ready because of his name too.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:28 AM 07-24-2023
Why would they want to do that? He got a ton of experience being thrown into the fire like that and is currently one of the hottest heels in wrestling and has been for months.
[Reply]
Page 278 of 332
« First < 178228268274275276277278 279280281282288328 > Last »
Up