ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 18
« First < 61213141516 1718 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Florio implies that the 49ers should cheap shot Mahomes
Mecca 02:37 PM 01-22-2020

At 7:40, he says 15 yards is worth it and basically says they should take cheap shots if he runs to send a message and knock him out of the game...wow wtf?
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:06 PM 01-26-2020
Go, Tavia!
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:08 PM 01-26-2020
Kobe, Stevie Ray, John Denver, and we can't get Florio on a helicopter anywhere?
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:32 AM 01-27-2020
FWIW - I think there's a legit POV that QBs shouldn't be able to juke when near the sideline - because defenders are so scared to hit them as they're going OOB. And maybe the same argument for juke-sliding - which I haven't seen too much of. But I get the idea that a defender is terrified of getting flagged - and a QB shouldn't be able to use that to his advantage.

Of course Florio couldn't ever say anything that nuanced. He just has to be a douche and advocate cheap shots against the league's biggest star.
[Reply]
eDave 01:35 AM 01-27-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
That moma bear thing is as cool as it gets. I am surprised clark let her post it, mabey guilty of selling clark a little short.
She will do as she wishes. She's the Momma.
[Reply]
RocKhawks 02:08 AM 01-27-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
FWIW - I think there's a legit POV that QBs shouldn't be able to juke when near the sideline - because defenders are so scared to hit them as they're going OOB. And maybe the same argument for juke-sliding - which I haven't seen too much of. But I get the idea that a defender is terrified of getting flagged - and a QB shouldn't be able to use that to his advantage.

Of course Florio couldn't ever say anything that nuanced. He just has to be a douche and advocate cheap shots against the league's biggest star.
THIS. I think he was TRYING to say (key word trying), hit him hard, like when Daniel Sorenson blew up Tannehill lol, so Mahomes would think twice about scrambling out of the pocket. But defenders haven't been able to hit Mahomes, because he has been so elusive. The only real opportunity they had to hit Mahomie against the Titans, was on "The Run". Instead they tried stripping the ball and failed. But anyway, Florio NEVER worded it as such, and he comes across as a complete A-hole. I actually always liked Florio until now. I believe he made his kid stop playing football too, because it was such a violent sport. What a douche nozzle.
[Reply]
caseyl4200 07:46 AM 01-27-2020
Originally Posted by RocKhawks:
THIS. I think he was TRYING to say (key word trying), hit him hard, like when Daniel Sorenson blew up Tannehill lol, so Mahomes would think twice about scrambling out of the pocket. But defenders haven't been able to hit Mahomes, because he has been so elusive. The only real opportunity they had to hit Mahomie against the Titans, was on "The Run". Instead they tried stripping the ball and failed. But anyway, Florio NEVER worded it as such, and he comes across as a complete A-hole. I actually always liked Florio until now. I believe he made his kid stop playing football too, because it was such a violent sport. What a douche nozzle.
Exacty this, if he had shown the clip of Sorenson hitting Tannahill and said this is what the 49ers should do, then no problem. but saying it is worth taking a flag means he thinks it is worth the cheap shot and there is no way to backpedal out of that.
[Reply]
arrwheader 07:50 AM 01-27-2020
This dude's hate for the Chiefs is just obvious. All he had to do after the controversy on this was " I'm sorry let me tell you what I meant. I meant hit him like he's a running back if he's gonna run like that not a cheap shot." But no he is getting press for his little word play
Fuck him.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:04 AM 01-27-2020
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Florio is a dumb****.
of course he is but he has a point. Not the hurt part but hit him.

Luckily, the 49ers are a classy organization and will not resort to that type of dirty playing to win the game. The win would be ‘tainted’ and no one would consider it legitimate.
Mahomes was a runner. Those DB's and LB'ers could have teed off on him. If it had been Williams/Kelce, you know they would have hit them hard. They held back, Just like our LB let Brady go in the playoffs last year. The defense is well aware at all times when its the QB.

There has always been that unwritten rule to not tee off on QB's unless is obviously within the rules, a no doubt hit. Dirty Dan's hit on Tannehill is an example. For a good reason, for decades now the shield wants a QB driven league with lots of passing.

We bitched and moaned about what they called on Elway for years, Shoe is on the other foot now. We want that treatment for Mahomes now.
[Reply]
MahomesKnows 09:09 AM 01-27-2020
He just had a tirade about this again on his show. Comes off looking like a buffoon to me.
[Reply]
Shields68 09:26 AM 01-27-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Nah. You have to treat the QB as any other player when they tuck the ball and run. Now a fake slide could be somewhat different animal all together, that may depend on how far the fake was carried out. Because it is a judgment call if the runner gave himself up. Now I would say the league should take into account if a QB has juked or faked a slide in the past when considering a fine on a questionable hit. But to outlaw a cutback when your near the sidelines makes no sense.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 12:23 PM 01-27-2020

Luckily, the 49ers are a classy organization and will not resort to that type of dirty playing to win the game. The win would be ‘tainted’ and no one would consider it legitimate.
First that "classy orginization" as you put it has Bosa who hit an OL in the back/side of the knee, in the playoffs, when he was not looking. It was a complete cheap shot and he should have been fined.
2cd if you think they care about that you are wrong again. Most people do not remember that the Donkos cheated to get theirs.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:45 PM 01-27-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
if you think they care about that you are wrong again. Most people do not remember that the Donkos cheated to get theirs.
Yep. I find it amusing to listen to Shannon Sharpe whine about the Astros stealing signs when he was part of the '97 Crisco team. And of course, nobody cares about that game but us. Same way EVERYBODY knows that New England cheats and cheats and cheats some more, yet still endlessly ballwash Belichick and Brady as the best ever.

"Cheaters never prosper" is one of the greatest lies ever told. It's right up there with "violence never solves anything" and "I'll love you forever."
[Reply]
Lucas_the_god 12:47 PM 01-27-2020
Hate Us cause you Anus
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:14 AM 01-28-2020

[Reply]
ModSocks 11:21 AM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Bodied.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Page 16 of 18