ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Berry was healthy enough to play....but his "spirit" wasn't feeling it
BlackOp 01:26 AM 12-16-2018
I cant believe he said that to reporters...:-). After 4 months of day-to-day reports...and the defense desperately needing him.

Like dude...you are getting $13 million a year to play. It's not up to when you get around to spiritually feeling it... it's about are you healthy enough physically?

They nearly lost to the Ravens because KC couldn't stop the run.

I almost spit my drink out when he said that...
[Reply]
TravelingChiefs 06:54 PM 12-16-2018
Berry's spirit is day to day.
[Reply]
Iconic 06:55 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by ct:
i think this is being misinterpreted imo

he's not talkin "spirit" as in need some russell wilson jesus juice or the lord told me not to play, but just trusting his instinctive intuition and not feeling right. essentially it means he doesnt trust his achilles, and that's not good.

jmho
Exactly how I interpreted it. He's had an achillies tear, ACL tear, and cancer. If you saw him play in that first half you'd have never thought that player missed 2 years. Clearly trusting his intuition was the right decision and he looks comfortable as fuck back there now.
It's only going to get better from here.
[Reply]
arrwheader 07:01 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by dj56dt58:
It's not easy to come back from acl/achilles tears. I followed the Bulls when they had D rose. Once he had his first injury he never fully healed mentally. After the 2nd one he was just done upstairs. Berry has had multiple injuries and came back from cancer. He's just afraid he's going to go out and play and before he knows it something snaps and his career is over. That's something none of us can relate to

Fuck who cares he got paid already he’s set for life. I agree I got love for Berry but play or move on.
[Reply]
kcpasco 07:04 PM 12-16-2018
EB is still one of my all time favorite Chiefs. When his spirit and body find each other again. Watch out.

When his spirit re enters his body it will be like altered beast. Keep doubting him my friends.
[Reply]
njchiefs 07:12 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Exactly how I interpreted it. He's had an achillies tear, ACL tear, and cancer. If you saw him play in that first half you'd have never thought that player missed 2 years. Clearly trusting his intuition was the right decision and he looks comfortable as **** back there now.
It's only going to get better from here.
Clearly? How is that? We probably lost the most important game by far this season to date because he sat out the second half.
[Reply]
Iconic 07:18 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by njchiefs:
Clearly? How is that? We probably lost the most important game by far this season to date because he sat out the second half.
He didn't sit out the second half he was on a pitch count.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:58 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I’m living out a childhood dream playing for the Broncos. /Berry 6 months from now
Clearly a joke, but for fun I'll ask again, what team would take a chance on this dude? He's here for the long haul folks, he's getting paid for pretty-much doing nothing.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:00 PM 12-16-2018
Glory called in with a broken spirit animal
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:01 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Don’t care.

It would have been stupid for the Chiefs to play Berry against Baltimore and then turn around and play him on a short week.
You mean like they payed Hill?

Oh wait, "football shape" matters because those killer Zumba sessions he was attending aren't football.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:05 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
I wish I could miss work because I didn't have the spirit to work.
You need to listen more closely to your inner spirit and less to your boss.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:05 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by TravelingChiefs:
Berry's spirit is day to day.
:-):-):-) :-):-):-)

Some might say quarter-to-quarter/half-to-half too.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:08 PM 12-16-2018
Glory is doubtful for tomorrow with Mountain Cheeto Dew belly...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:09 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
I wish I could miss work because I didn't have the spirit to work.
Wait, our resident Carb-King will chime-in telling us one of the many ways he's bagged a day at work.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:12 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Glory is doubtful for tomorrow with Mountain Cheeto Dew belly...
Eat shit fatass
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:21 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
You mean like they payed Hill?

Oh wait, "football shape" matters because those killer Zumba sessions he was attending aren't football.
Yeah the type of spirit that has allowed Hill to play on a bum leg or the type that allowed Fuller to play with a fractured arm. Both guys that,were obviously playing through an immense amount of pain. Berry couldn't muster up enough fucks to give to play against the Ravens or play a full full game or a couple of drives in the second half against the Chargers. Oh but he had a snap count?! Who gives a shit. If he was feeling good then fuck a snap count. All the Berry ball washers are acting like he would have spontaneously combust if he played or his Achilles would have snapped in 2. The guy better play more than 1 half this game and better play in crunch time. We don't have the luxury for him to lose his spirit. We need him more than ever now, especially since Fuller is done for awhile.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Up