ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Berry was healthy enough to play....but his "spirit" wasn't feeling it
BlackOp 01:26 AM 12-16-2018
I cant believe he said that to reporters...:-). After 4 months of day-to-day reports...and the defense desperately needing him.

Like dude...you are getting $13 million a year to play. It's not up to when you get around to spiritually feeling it... it's about are you healthy enough physically?

They nearly lost to the Ravens because KC couldn't stop the run.

I almost spit my drink out when he said that...
[Reply]
Flying High D 03:44 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
How the fuck is a guy that hasn't played in almost 2 years of games not mentally ready? He should have easily been mentally prepared
He was mentally ready, he wasn’t spiritually ready.
[Reply]
ct 03:49 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-half-chargers

"I probably could have come back last week. But it was still that hesitation, I guess. I didn't feel it in my spirit, so I just said I'll wait until this week. Just trusting my instincts, just listening to it and staying true to that. Obviously, I wanted to be out there in the second half, but like I said, we came in with a plan and we stuck to it."
i think this is being misinterpreted imo

he's not talkin "spirit" as in need some russell wilson jesus juice or the lord told me not to play, but just trusting his instinctive intuition and not feeling right. essentially it means he doesnt trust his achilles, and that's not good.

jmho
[Reply]
RunKC 03:51 PM 12-16-2018
Don’t care.

It would have been stupid for the Chiefs to play Berry against Baltimore and then turn around and play him on a short week.
[Reply]
Bwana 03:58 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Don’t care.

It would have been stupid for the Chiefs to play Berry against Baltimore and then turn around and play him on a short week.
:-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:27 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by ct:
i think this is being misinterpreted imo

he's not talkin "spirit" as in need some russell wilson jesus juice or the lord told me not to play, but just trusting his instinctive intuition and not feeling right. essentially it means he doesnt trust his achilles, and that's not good.

jmho
I agree with you. But it doesn’t matter. People are going to hate on Berry regardless out of frustration. No one actually knows the facts.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 04:37 PM 12-16-2018
Oh no another Eric Berry White Knight. Riding into the thread to defend his precious player from the embarrassing thread. Because discussing the guy that bent the franchise over, because he knew he had the support of the fan base and the fans would burn down arrowhead if he wasnt re-signed, and was paid the biggest contract ever for a safety, decided he didn't really feel like playing even though he was physically capable of playing. What's more embarrassing is that people are defending the guy who took advantage of their favorite team and that player hasn't played a game in almost 2 full seasons, because he didn't have the heart to play.

He deserved to get paid, but if he was physically ready to play, then he should have had his ass out there on the field. To make matters worse he decides that he can only play one half of the most important game of the year so far and continues to just sit his ass on the sideline while he watches LA march down the field multiple times.

So you and the Lord of the Eric Berry White Knights, Marcellus keep doing your thing and pop in on every single thread that is about Eric Berry, so you can stick up for him. He needs you.
TLDR
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 04:45 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I cant believe he said that to reporters...:-). After 4 months of day-to-day reports...and the defense desperately needing him.

Like dude...you are getting $13 million a year to play. It's not up to when you get around to spiritually feeling it... it's about are you healthy enough physically?

They nearly lost to the Ravens because KC couldn't stop the run.

I almost spit my drink out when he said that...
Berry was on the sidelines watching our defense the whole season. When Uncle Bob said he was gonna start the chargers game he be like............

via GIPHY

[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 05:15 PM 12-16-2018
Don’t care.

Don't care
[Reply]
Direckshun 05:32 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-half-chargers

"I probably could have come back last week. But it was still that hesitation, I guess. I didn't feel it in my spirit, so I just said I'll wait until this week. Just trusting my instincts, just listening to it and staying true to that. Obviously, I wanted to be out there in the second half, but like I said, we came in with a plan and we stuck to it."
You gotta cut him.

Throw a Brinks truck at Earl Thomas and rake in corners.

The future of Eric Berry is not in Kansas City.

Wow. What a colossal contract waste.
[Reply]
Flying High D 05:37 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
You gotta cut him.

Now this is the kind of spirit needed in Chiefs Kingdom.
[Reply]
ROYC75 05:40 PM 12-16-2018
Don’t care.

This, end of thread!
[Reply]
Demonpenz 05:58 PM 12-16-2018
I wish I could miss work because I didn't have the spirit to work.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 06:23 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
You gotta cut him.

Like most of your posts, this is dumb as hell.
[Reply]
philfree 06:52 PM 12-16-2018
How the **** is a guy that hasn't played in almost 2 years of games not mentally ready? He should have easily been mentally prepared
Coming back from injury isn't always that easy. The mind has to trust the body and obviously he's struggling with that.
[Reply]
Jerok 06:53 PM 12-16-2018
At least the Chargers play Saturday night so we will know just how big this Seahawks game is. Would be nice to go into it freerolling.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Up