ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 70
« First < 289101112 131415162262 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Rogue One Spoiler Thread
DaneMcCloud 08:16 PM 03-06-2016
There's quite a bit of info trickling out so its probably time to start a spoiler thread. I'll update with a trailer when it's available.

Trailer #1. This looks amazing!!! Darth Vader, The Emperor, Jyn (Rey's mother?), Forrest Whitaker, Donnie Yen and Alan Tudyk.

[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:04 PM 06-01-2016
Maybe we'll get Jar Jar on the Death Star. He and Ani still kickin' it
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:06 PM 06-01-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The disconcerting aspect of this information is that apparently, Disney isn't allowing LucasFilm and Gareth Edwards to make the movie they want to make.

I realize that basing an opinion on a two minute trailer might be a little presumptive but IMO, it most certainly had the look and feel of A New Hope and TFA.

It was Classic Star Wars, from my point of view.
Agreed
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:06 PM 06-01-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Maybe we'll get Jar Jar on the Death Star. He and Ani still kickin' it
Maybe they'll tie him to the focusing dish for a test run on the super-laser.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:07 PM 06-01-2016
I wished they would go a little different with the stand alone's.

Guess not
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:19 PM 06-01-2016
Maybe Disney wants to add a Hayden Christensen cameo?
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 06:37 PM 06-01-2016
I knew this wouldn't go over well because it was exactly the meddling from Disney not needed and my suspicion before talking with my buddy.

MCU is mostly hands off.

I guess wait for the SWU shows on Netflix to get anything more adult geared from LucasFilm...
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:44 PM 06-01-2016
Disney didn't mess with the crappy Marvel films like Iron Man 2 or Thor 2, yet they're messing with KK.

I don't like it and as a Director, would make me think twice about taking on a future Star Wars film.

Not every film will earn $2 billion at the box office.
Marvel was the one messing with IM2.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:55 PM 06-01-2016
Originally Posted by Dagnabit:
Does every fucking SW outing have to be geared to a 10 year-old?
Gotta cultivate those next generation fans! Keep 'em coming back for more years down the road!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:25 AM 06-02-2016
Blech.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:08 AM 06-02-2016
It wouldn't surprise me that a Gareth Edwards film is having problems meeting expectations. His character development in Godzilla was shit, I don't think any of the actors besides Cranston turned in a passable performance.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 11:21 AM 06-02-2016
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
It wouldn't surprise me that a Gareth Edwards film is having problems meeting expectations. His character development in Godzilla was shit, I don't think any of the actors besides Cranston turned in a passable performance.
It's a godzilla film. Name another character that's human that's been developed besides nobody.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:25 AM 06-02-2016
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
It's a godzilla film. Name another character that's human that's been developed besides nobody.
The point is he chose to make that movie about people instead of Godzilla, and he sucked at that.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:33 AM 06-02-2016
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
You've missed the point, entirely.

The issue isn't with the direction or the actors or even the first cut itself: It's with the script.

For the Disney execs (NOT LucasFilm, KK or Edwards), the first cut was too heavy. It didn't have enough levity and didn't have enough "fun" sequences. It's also light on Darth Vader.

Iger and Disney signed off on this film quickly. It's their first Star Wars film outside of the Episodes. The box office results of The Force Awakens has changed their perception of what ALL Star Wars movies should be, hence the changes.

Otherwise, they wouldn't have signed off on the original script and concept.
[Reply]
unlurking 11:36 AM 06-02-2016
I'm just hoping they don't lighten it up too much.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:36 AM 06-02-2016
You've missed the point, entirely.

The issue isn't with the direction or the actors or even the first cut itself: It's with the script.

For the Disney execs (NOT LucasFilm, KK or Edwards), the first cut was too heavy. It didn't have enough levity and didn't have enough "fun" sequences. It's also light on Darth Vader.

Iger and Disney signed off on this film quickly. It's their first Star Wars film outside of the Episodes. The box office results of The Force Awakens has changed their perception of what ALL Star Wars movies should be, hence the changes.

Otherwise, they wouldn't have signed off on the original script and concept.
More Darth Vader would be great, but changing the script to satisfy some family narrative would be disappointing.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 70
« First < 289101112 131415162262 > Last »
Up