ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 122 of 172
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
Dayze 09:16 PM 11-17-2015
Cool bud. Can't wait to check it out. :-)
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:29 PM 11-17-2015
Originally Posted by Dayze:
Cool bud. Can't wait to check it out. :-)
I really hope we're still talking about the motorcycle.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 12:17 AM 11-18-2015
found a builder that specializes in sportys by the name of Jeff Cochran. I absolutely LOVE his style. I would probably cut off a pinky toe of mine to get one.

http://www.speedkingphoto.com/#

good stuff, and it's all based off Harley's cheapest bike.
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 02:14 AM 11-18-2015
Well, I went through a rear tire this year. This is a heavier bike than my last bike, and I've been riding 2 up more lately, and I kind of went a little crazy with the mileage this year. I managed to get over 12,000 miles on the bike since March. I went through a break up this summer and just rode every where I could. I'm looking for suggestions for a harder rear tire that will last longer than the last one I had. I've been looking online, and it seems like I got good mileage out of the tire, but I was hoping to find one I didn't need to replace multiple times a year. I'm riding a 2001 Yamaha RoadStar 1600. Any of you with more experience with the bigger bikes have recommendations, or should I be happy with the mileage I got?
[Reply]
Lzen 08:28 AM 11-18-2015

As if Brad Pitt wasn't cool enough....he digs bikes as well. Lol
I know, right. And he's got those dreamy eyes. :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 08:39 AM 11-18-2015
Originally Posted by kcfanXIII:
Well, I went through a rear tire this year. This is a heavier bike than my last bike, and I've been riding 2 up more lately, and I kind of went a little crazy with the mileage this year. I managed to get over 12,000 miles on the bike since March. I went through a break up this summer and just rode every where I could. I'm looking for suggestions for a harder rear tire that will last longer than the last one I had. I've been looking online, and it seems like I got good mileage out of the tire, but I was hoping to find one I didn't need to replace multiple times a year. I'm riding a 2001 Yamaha RoadStar 1600. Any of you with more experience with the bigger bikes have recommendations, or should I be happy with the mileage I got?
I replaced my Road King's back tire about 3 months ago.
This is what I got to replace it. Same brand but supposedly a better tire than the original.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...ire-Black-Wall

BTW, that website was the cheapest I could find. They shipped it to my front door and then I just paid the shop to install it.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 10:11 AM 11-18-2015
I put a Michelin Commander 2 on the back of my Road King..they are supposed to get around double of the stock Harley Dunlops..so roughly 20k

But 12k on tires is good for a heavy bike and lots of 2 up
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 11:03 AM 11-18-2015
I like the Dunlap Elite 3. https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...otorcycle-Tire
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 07:54 PM 11-18-2015
Originally Posted by mac459:
I put a Michelin Commander 2 on the back of my Road King..they are supposed to get around double of the stock Harley Dunlops..so roughly 20k

But 12k on tires is good for a heavy bike and lots of 2 up
Yeah, its a metric clone of the road king. When I park next to my buddy's RK, it is obvious the look Yamaha was trying to imitate. How many miles do you have on it right now? I get the 20k is an estimate, just curious how your's is fairing...
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:58 PM 11-18-2015
Yeah, its a metric clone of the road king. When I park next to my buddy's RK, it is obvious the look Yamaha was trying to imitate. How many miles do you have on it right now? I get the 20k is an estimate, just curious how your's is fairing...
I have 7500 on it right now and it looks brand new..still handles and rides like new..so I'm happy with it..if I get anywhere over 15k I will continue to get them..the longevity would be worth it alone but the overall performance of the tire is great
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 08:15 PM 11-18-2015
Right on mac. Thanks for the input. I'm pretty happy with what I had, but if I can get more longevity I want it.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 08:25 PM 11-18-2015
Right on mac. Thanks for the input. I'm pretty happy with what I had, but if I can get more longevity I want it.
Not a problem..I enjoy the tire a lot..hopefully if you try it out you will have good luck with it as well
[Reply]
Graystoke 12:06 PM 12-18-2015
New Project.
1971 Honda CL 350 Scrambler with 6500 miles. Been sitting since 81.
Everything is complete.
Compression good, mufflers in decent shape. I picked it up for under 600.
At first I was going to do paint, because it is so faded on one side, but after some thought I am going to leave the patina. One side of the gas tank had a good knee dent, which I got out with a simple dent remover kit. Tank was full of rust, but a little soap and vinegar, good as new
As it sits right now waiting on Carb Parts, new points, new air cleaners.
I plan on addressing the Cam Tensioner as well.
I always wanted a Scram

[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 02:07 PM 12-18-2015
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
New Project.
1971 Honda CL 350 Scrambler with 6500 miles. Been sitting since 81.
Everything is complete.
Compression good, mufflers in decent shape. I picked it up for under 600.
At first I was going to do paint, because it is so faded on one side, but after some thought I am going to leave the patina. One side of the gas tank had a good knee dent, which I got out with a simple dent remover kit. Tank was full of rust, but a little soap and vinegar, good as new
As it sits right now waiting on Carb Parts, new points, new air cleaners.
I plan on addressing the Cam Tensioner as well.
I always wanted a Scram
That is a sweet bike..love the design on the heat shield..that could make a sweet brand on the inside of a leg

Seriously good looking bike man
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 09:12 PM 02-24-2016
So far this year I have put on 1100 miles just on the few good days we have here and there..leaving Saturday on a trip to Waco, TX..got a new luggage system and magnetic tank bag that I want to try out so I decided to head down to Texas and see a few army buddies
Really ready for all the days to be nice..got multiple trips for the summer planned

May I am riding to Georgia and then up to North Carolina then back home
June is a trip to El Paso
July a trip to Yellowstone then on out to Oregon
August a trip to Colorado to run the mountains

poor old Road King is going to get a workout this year
[Reply]
Page 122 of 172
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132 > Last »
Up