ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 64 of 101
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2018-19 NHL Season Thread***
Gadzooks 02:44 PM 10-03-2018
The puck drops tonight!!!

Originally Posted by DaFace:
Join My League in the 2019 NHL Bracket Contest!

1. Create a bracket here:
https://cliambrown.com/bracket2019/
2. Copy your secret edit link, and then paste it here:
https://cliambrown.com/bracket2019/league/join/c7vjprb3

You can check out the league members & results here:
https://cliambrown.com/bracket2019/league/r4sb7

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 05:30 PM 05-30-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He has a hearing scheduled now; he'll get a game.

I don't like it, but it's not awful either. It was a play that he could've avoided; he had time to pull up on his check and not drive through Grizwhatever's head. Granted, it's the playoffs and he's going to finish his check there more often than not, but he had a moment to see that the back had gotten turned and not take that last stride through the hit.

In a perfect world he doesn't get the game and had Grizblah shaken off the hit, there wouldn't have been a suspension. But outcomes matter to the DOPS and ultimately the Bruins were without their player for most of the game. They will look back to see if a game misconduct could've been handed out there which would have cost us Sunny for the game as well. If they decide it could've been (which they clearly already have or there wouldn't have been a hearing scheduled), they'll get that game on the back end by suspending him for Game 3.

It's no worry if Thomas is back by then, but we're down to Sanford/MacEachern if he's not and that's not great news. We really need Thomas back big time to get a RH shot out there. We're clearly short a righty shooter at the moment and it's taking the starch out of some of our set plays, especially on faceoffs.
He was getting a game the second that Bruce Cassidy announced that Gryz wasn't making the trip. A calculated move considering coaches NEVER discuss injuries in the playoffs.

Rumor here is that Thomas has been playing with a wrist that was dislocated during the Dallas series.

I'd be fine with Mac for a game, he brings a lot of the same traits/energy that Sunny brings.

Side note: Who wants to loan me $1200 for ONE ticket to Game 6?
[Reply]
DaFace 10:29 PM 05-30-2019
Sundqvist officially gets one game.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:17 AM 05-31-2019
That breakdown is pretty much exactly how I figured they'd look at it and like I said - I don't love it, but it's a fair enough conclusion.

They make a good point regarding his angle of attack. Folks are wanting to say he 'turned into the hit' - sure he did, but Sunny turned into his angle as well. Sunny KNEW he'd turned back, that's how he managed to hit him. Had he held his original line, when gryz turned around, he'd have impacted to the right of him. But he had to see the turn because that's how he knew to cut to his left and still make contact with him. Now he ended up hitting a little TOO far to the left because Gryz lost his footing on the turn, but the fact remains that Sunny saw the numbers and adjusted to his left to still deliver a check. No matter what happened, he'd have hit Gryz in the back so the boarding call is legitimate.

So now you have a boarding call with the head as a primary point of contact that led to an injury. Man - that's gonna be a penalty.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:42 AM 05-31-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That breakdown is pretty much exactly how I figured they'd look at it and like I said - I don't love it, but it's a fair enough conclusion.

They make a good point regarding his angle of attack. Folks are wanting to say he 'turned into the hit' - sure he did, but Sunny turned into his angle as well. Sunny KNEW he'd turned back, that's how he managed to hit him. Had he held his original line, when gryz turned around, he'd have impacted to the right of him. But he had to see the turn because that's how he knew to cut to his left and still make contact with him. Now he ended up hitting a little TOO far to the left because Gryz lost his footing on the turn, but the fact remains that Sunny saw the numbers and adjusted to his left to still deliver a check. No matter what happened, he'd have hit Gryz in the back so the boarding call is legitimate.

So now you have a boarding call with the head as a primary point of contact that led to an injury. Man - that's gonna be a penalty.
Yep. For better or worse, these days the equation is pretty definitive:

Valid Penalty + Injured Player = Suspension

It was clear boarding, but if there wasn't an injury I bet they let it go. But there was, so here we are.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:35 PM 05-31-2019
I just hope the Blues aren't influenced by this, they need to keep hitting the smaller Bruins as hard as they can possibly hit them without getting in too much trouble.

A few more hits on some key players in game three might just get the smaller Boston types to be concerned about their health when they get near the boards, and that's a good thing.

Pound 'um Blues, pound 'um.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:37 PM 05-31-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I just hope the Blues aren't influenced by this, they need to keep hitting the smaller Bruins as hard as they can possibly hit them without getting in too much trouble.

A few more hits on some key players in game three might just get the smaller Boston types to be concerned about their health when they get near the boards, and that's a good thing.

Pound 'um Blues, pound 'um.
Eh - Berube will use it as a rallying cry and they'll be as physical and aggressive as they already were.

I can't see Chief letting them get soft because of a 1-game suspension.
[Reply]
Third Eye 06-01-2019, 05:20 PM
This message has been deleted by Third Eye. Reason: Tweet embed didn’t work
Third Eye 05:23 PM 06-01-2019

So.... Kansas City Chiefs stars Pat Mahomes and Travis Kelce are in the building for Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Final. Kelce rocking the Gretzky throwback. pic.twitter.com/95wnP36PuQ

— Corey Miller (@corey_miller5) June 1, 2019

[Reply]
Megatron96 05:42 PM 06-01-2019
Turn up the volume, kids! This crowd is going to be epic-ally loud!!!
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:22 PM 06-01-2019
Schenn gets his game-winner tonight. I gotta feeling . . .
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:31 PM 06-01-2019
Take shots boys...
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 06:41 PM 06-01-2019
Tired of Boston teams.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:42 PM 06-01-2019
Keep pounding Backes for leaving.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:48 PM 06-01-2019
fuck boston.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:48 PM 06-01-2019
Poop. As usual, the Blues suck at the PP. Both ways..
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:50 PM 06-01-2019
Blues look deflated now.
[Reply]
Page 64 of 101
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874 > Last »
Up