ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 101
« First < 374344454647 484950515797 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2018-19 NHL Season Thread***
Gadzooks 02:44 PM 10-03-2018
The puck drops tonight!!!

Originally Posted by DaFace:
Join My League in the 2019 NHL Bracket Contest!

1. Create a bracket here:
https://cliambrown.com/bracket2019/
2. Copy your secret edit link, and then paste it here:
https://cliambrown.com/bracket2019/league/join/c7vjprb3

You can check out the league members & results here:
https://cliambrown.com/bracket2019/league/r4sb7

[Reply]
kcpasco 09:45 PM 05-15-2019
Lol Meier was given an assist on the game winning goal. Let that sink in.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:48 PM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Lol Meier was given an assist on the game winning goal. Let that sink in.
Fitting, right?
[Reply]
DaFace 09:50 PM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Going to be hard to win three straight elimination games.
They only need 3 of 4, just for the record.
[Reply]
kcpasco 09:51 PM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Fitting, right?
That’s embarrassing for the league. Expect a bs apology.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:52 PM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's so stupid that situations simply aren't reviewable, especially since it will be next season.

There's no "slippery slope" with reviews when it's OT in a playoff game.... Get it right.
I really wish all leagues would go to some sort of "everything is reviewable, but only obvious stuff is getting overturned" approach. Coaches get two challenges per game. The review is done in the booth (or in Toronto), and they take 30 seconds to watch replays at full speed. That's it. No slow mo. No zooming in.

If it's not completely obvious in full speed and with normal views, call stands. Hell, they should have a timer at 30 seconds and if the ref doesn't hit a button in 30 seconds to say it's the wrong call, it stands. The end. Move on.
[Reply]
kcpasco 09:53 PM 05-15-2019
They should ignore the Blais hit now.
[Reply]
Jimkcchief88 09:55 PM 05-15-2019
So just what is a hand pass anyway? Why even use your stick at all just throw the puck wherever you want:-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:57 PM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
That’s embarrassing for the league. Expect a bs apology.
Oh, they've learned from the NFL, after a call that suggests to normal human beings that the sport is rigged you offer the "human" excuse and say that (later) the league will look to fix that problem (while enjoying the results they crafted under the current rule set).

The NHL just took an officiating play out of the NFL "rigging" guide. Twice in the playoffs... That takes balls pucks!!!

In b4, "Officials are just human" and "officiating is tough (deciding who you want to win)" and "The Blues had chances (like that makes up for a very obvious bad call)"...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:59 PM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by Jimkcchief88:
So just what is a hand pass anyway? Why even use your stick at all just throw the puck wherever you want:-)
That is a rule (evidently), but like P said, it's only a rule for some teams.

Wait, officials, all 4 of them, are just human. That makes making purposely bad calls OK, because you can't prove it was on purpose.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:07 PM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I really wish all leagues would go to some sort of "everything is reviewable, but only obvious stuff is getting overturned" approach. Coaches get two challenges per game. The review is done in the booth (or in Toronto), and they take 30 seconds to watch replays at full speed. That's it. No slow mo. No zooming in.

If it's not completely obvious in full speed and with normal views, call stands. Hell, they should have a timer at 30 seconds and if the ref doesn't hit a button in 30 seconds to say it's the wrong call, it stands. The end. Move on.
Yeah... 'get it right under any circumstance' has gotten kind of old, like the base runner who's 3 inches off the bag at some point while being tagged, or the skater who's 2 inches offsides while play goes on for 20 seconds before a goal is scored.

I wouldn't mind eliminating some of that.... it goes against who I am as an IT geek, but sports are random enough, that if it takes you 16 replays and pixelated screenshots, then maybe it's not worth overturning.

And FFS, if someone at home can see 6 replays from 4 different angles within 30 seconds of the play being done, it shouldn't take 5 minutes to review... just give the responsibility to someone in the booth, even if it's just for scoring plays.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 10:09 PM 05-15-2019
If I’ve learned one thing in these playoffs, its that the league really, really, REALLY wants the Sharks to win.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:11 PM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah... 'get it right under any circumstance' has gotten kind of old, like the base runner who's 3 inches off the bag at some point while being tagged, or the skater who's 2 inches offsides while play goes on for 20 seconds before a goal is scored.

I wouldn't mind eliminating some of that.... it goes against who I am as an IT geek, but sports are random enough, that if it takes you 16 replays and pixelated screenshots, then maybe it's not worth overturning.

And FFS, if someone at home can see 6 replays from 4 different angles within 30 seconds of the play being done, it shouldn't take 5 minutes to review... just give the responsibility to someone in the booth, even if it's just for scoring plays.
How in the FUCK would that allow the NFL to adjust outcomes? :-)

That was rhetorical...
[Reply]
kcpasco 10:11 PM 05-15-2019
They will take 10 minutes to see if a guys skate was 1 inch offsides, 1 minute before a goal is scored. Yet they won’t overturn that. LOL keep your low ratings NHL, they deserve it.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:12 PM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by MMXcalibur:
If I’ve learned one thing in these playoffs, its that the league really, really, REALLY wants the Sharks to win.
I think it's moved on from "want", there appears to be a mandate for a costal cup competition...
[Reply]
Matrix 10:43 PM 05-15-2019
The NHL needs to die. I would not miss it. Cards, Chiefs, Mizzou football and the Billikens will only occupy my time going forward.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 101
« First < 374344454647 484950515797 > Last »
Up