ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 441 of 662
« First < 341391431437438439440441 442443444445451491541 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:16 AM 06-11-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Waiving their own testing procedures doesn't seem strange to you?

What's rare about it? They needed a splash for 200 and they don't care how they get it.
Yes. They wanted something special for 200 so they couldnt follow typical protocol and pull it off. I would be suprised if it happens again in years. $$$$$$ talks.

If it is such a big deal to Mark then turn down the fat check they offered on principle. It is like a politician bitching about bribes and taking one at the same time.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:23 AM 06-11-2016
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Yes. They wanted something special for 200 so they couldnt follow typical protocol and pull it off. I would be suprised if it happens again in years. $$$$$$ talks.

If it is such a big deal to Mark then turn down the fat check they offered on principle. It is like a politician bitching about bribes and taking one at the same time.
They had something that could have.been special for 200 and all stepped on their dicks.

Did brock do the 50 city media tour?

And no it's not like that at all, now if hunt didn't get tested and bitched about brock not getting tested 4 months out you would have made sense...
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:30 AM 06-11-2016
They had something that could have.been special for 200 and all stepped on their dicks.

Did brock do the 50 city media tour?

And no it's not like that at all, now if hunt didn't get tested and bitched about brock not getting tested 4 months out you would have made sense...
Hunt is a willing participant so.he in a way os condoning what he bitched about. The statement would carry more weight if any fighter but him made it.
[Reply]
alnorth 10:06 AM 06-11-2016
As far as $$$ goes, this is probably better for the UFC. UFC 200 is going to sell about as well as it would have, and now 202 is massively improved (for casual fans anyway, hard core fans aren't too excited about the rematch). 202 may have ended up being a card people would skip under the original plan.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:03 PM 06-11-2016
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Hunt is a willing participant so.he in a way os condoning what he bitched about. The statement would carry more weight if any fighter but him made it.
I disagree.
[Reply]
alnorth 12:49 PM 06-11-2016
Like I said, I am only sort of fine with this because I think Brock Lesnar is going to get knocked the fuck out regardless of what he may be taking. This is MMA though, and crazy things can happen, so if Brock hurts Mark Hunt and then fails a test, I'm not going to be happy about that.
[Reply]
alnorth 12:52 PM 06-11-2016
Speaking of which, that crazy Japanese fan drew another picture.

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:33 PM 06-11-2016
Originally Posted by alnorth:
Like I said, I am only sort of fine with this because I think Brock Lesnar is going to get knocked the **** out regardless of what he may be taking. This is MMA though, and crazy things can happen, so if Brock hurts Mark Hunt and then fails a test, I'm not going to be happy about that.
Hunt will win easy IMO. However, it seems to be a no lose situation for Hunt if Lesnar is using. You either win or lose to a cheater.
[Reply]
alnorth 09:22 PM 06-12-2016
Unsurprisingly, Ariel Helwani has a stacked lineup for his MMA hour show tomorrow. Bisping, Dominick Cruz, DC, Rampage, Mark Hunt, Frankie Edgar, and Josh Barnett
[Reply]
alnorth 07:40 PM 06-13-2016
Fedor was a surprise guest on Helwani's MMA hour show, and he dropped a bit of news. He'll be a free agent after this weekend, and he's seriously thinking about finally fighting for the UFC. He strongly implied that he'd need to be paid well though, if he's not happy with the offer, he'll keep cashing checks with overseas promotions.
[Reply]
alnorth 07:13 PM 06-14-2016
Interesting bit of news. The UFC just told Mark Hunt to start training and be ready for UFC 200. So, he knew he would be fighting, but they did not tell him his opponent, he found out while watching the UFC 199 PPV. Thats also why they didn't announce Brock's opponent until the day after, they needed to get back to Hunt and see if he would sign the contract.
[Reply]
alnorth 08:38 PM 06-14-2016

UFC sale definitely progressing. Terms unclear at the moment, but lots of talk from very reliable sources today. Not 100% done, though.

— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) June 14, 2016

[Reply]
SAUTO 08:42 PM 06-14-2016
Originally Posted by alnorth:

Banned
[Reply]
alnorth 09:53 PM 06-15-2016
UFC title history updated for the shocking upset at Middleweight
Attached: UFC Title History.xls (41.5 KB) 
[Reply]
alnorth 10:47 AM 06-16-2016
Jeremy Botter is reporting that a 100% sale of the UFC is imminent. Zuffa opened sealed bids from 3 different groups today, all three bids are above $4B.

He also says that all 3 groups bidding for the UFC want to keep Dana White. His 9% share will be sold, but the groups each plan to give him a new deal along with shares in the new company to stay on in some role (not sure if he'll be president).

edit: the highest bid is $4.2B, from William Morris Endeavor Agency in California, and from some huge Chinese company. They decided to partner up and bid together rather than submit competing bids.

So, if all of this is true, then the only real change is that the Fertittas are cashing out, and there will be a new owner above Dana White.
[Reply]
Page 441 of 662
« First < 341391431437438439440441 442443444445451491541 > Last »
Up